PDA

View Full Version : Would you or Wouldn't you?

MrsKellyPierce
05-21-2011, 10:57 PM
A family found $45,000 dollars in the house they just bought. It was in their attic, and they returned it to the previous owners?

Would you have?

I know I wouldn't...to me I bought the house it came with me...

And if they just forgot $45,000 dollars they must be drug lords or something lol

onmyknees
05-21-2011, 11:06 PM
hard to say Kel...I try to do the right thing...Karma and all that, but if the people I bought the house from were just average working folks...yea I'd probably contact them, but if I thought they had money, then thier loss=my gain. I'd probably buy yet another expensive motorcycle with it, and give the rest to charity....or spend the entire find on boob jobs and surgeries for my lady friends ! LOL

AmyDaly
05-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Nope. Finders keeper. Especially with 45K

onmyknees
05-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Nope. Finders keeper. Especially with 45K

That's a great avatar pic Amy....captures you pretty nicely I'd say !

Merkurie
05-21-2011, 11:19 PM
I'd keep it. It probably did not belong to the previous owners.
You don't just forget $45,000 you put in the attic.

mikelpo
05-21-2011, 11:24 PM
You can get done by the law for that over here it's called 'theft by finding'. I'd hand it in to the local police station wait a year and hope that it's not claimed then it's all mine!!!

nonnonnon
05-21-2011, 11:33 PM
yeah I wouldn't want to get in trouble. maybe they'd split it with me

Stavros
05-22-2011, 02:48 AM
You can get done by the law for that over here it's called 'theft by finding'. I'd hand it in to the local police station wait a year and hope that it's not claimed then it's all mine!!!

In Liverpool?? With the police?? I can hear the laughter from here and I am south of Birmingham...

MrsKellyPierce
05-22-2011, 02:51 AM
I believe in America possession is 9/10th of the loss!!

CORVETTEDUDE
05-22-2011, 02:53 AM
It depends on what I thought generated that kind of cash. I would not resort to what I would consider 'stealing' from someone that earned it honestly. Otherwise, I would turn it over to the police and, let the previous owners explain its origin. either way...I'm not keepin' it.

Dino Velvet
05-22-2011, 03:01 AM
Deep down I'm basically a rotten son of a bitch. I keep the money and spend it on hookers and booze.

jamesedwards
05-22-2011, 03:56 AM
A family found $45,000 dollars in the house they just bought. It was in their attic, and they returned it to the previous owners?

Would you have?

And if they just forgot $45,000 dollars they must be drug lords or something lol

I'm with you on that one.

jamesedwards
05-22-2011, 03:57 AM

Would you have?

shit I would keep it and rock out with Kelly Shore and Big dick Naiomi and have a three way party for a week!

loren
05-22-2011, 04:11 AM
IDK I'd probably keep it.

I would turn it over to the police
I wouldn't give it to the cops. They'd just stuff it into their own pockets before you even got out of the station.

betts
05-22-2011, 04:19 AM
I'd turn it in, it's not mine.

Realgirls4me
05-22-2011, 04:26 AM
I'm with Betts,Corvettedude,and a couple others here. I'd turn it in. Question:Is your integrity worth a few measly thousand -- an amount that one can easily burn in a matter of minutes in a new car or so? For me,the answer is No. My integrity far outweighs a measly few thousand dollars,and I'm not going to miss what I never had.

Jack59
05-22-2011, 04:29 AM
I read about this a couple of days ago. The money was put there by an elderly man who had gone through the Great Depression and didn't trust banks. And he didn't forget it, he died. His children sold the house without ever knowing about the cash their Dad had hidden away.

I think that giving the money back was the right thing to do. But I can certainly understand the temptation to keep it, and think the man's kids should have kicked back some of the money to the family that was honest enough to return it.