PDA

View Full Version : Shaving advice

Tintinfan
05-16-2011, 02:59 AM
So it's time to go bald and whereas I've always been neatly trimmed, not sure the best way to go about the next step. Should I just be shaving? Using a product? The best position to shave? Easier if you're hard?? I've decided against the cut throat razor, by the way..

robertlouis
05-16-2011, 03:10 AM
Are you talking about your head or your bollocks?

Either way, go for the full Brazilian.....

tslover777
05-16-2011, 03:11 AM
I usually use the gilette venus range that have the gel on the razor, jump into the shower and just work away! have never cut myself and its east to shave balls, barse etc, dnt have to hard but i find i usually get hard with all the touching etc!

Jenny Johnson
05-16-2011, 03:12 AM
I just shave in the shower ever second or third day with standard foam and razor. I find soft is the best for me. But remember to exfoliate after and moisturize as well.
Good Luck
PS soft strokes (pardon the pun)

tslover777
05-16-2011, 03:18 AM
Haha i find harder the better!!

Jenny Johnson
05-16-2011, 03:29 AM
Haha I knew someone would comment on how i prefer it.

tslover777
05-16-2011, 03:51 AM
Alternativly you could get someone with more experience to do it for you and show you how its done!

Tintinfan
05-16-2011, 07:38 AM
thanks for the advice.. I was NOT talking about my head! Well, not the big one

robertlouis
05-16-2011, 08:09 AM
thanks for the advice.. I was NOT talking about my head! Well, not the big one

Phew, I'm glad for your sake that we cleared that up lol. My preferred combination of Gillette Turbo and King of Shaves could have given you involuntary SRS!

But I do take Jenny's advice and moisturise afterwards - L'Oreal, because I'm worth it.

Willfromengland
05-16-2011, 04:47 PM
i always get a shaving rash so i dont really bother just keep it trimmed up

catherinefan
05-16-2011, 05:02 PM
So it's time to go bald and whereas I've always been neatly trimmed, not sure the best way to go about the next step. Should I just be shaving? Using a product? The best position to shave? Easier if you're hard?? I've decided against the cut throat razor, by the way..

Best way to go about it......have someone else maintain it for you!

natina
05-16-2011, 10:59 PM
MAGIC SHAVE

red is the strongest

http://perfumela.com/images/fullb/MagicShavingRed.jpg

YouTube - Magic Shave (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GejXtVkwhyk)

YouTube - Magic Shave Detailed Tutorial video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbgBVbNuMFk)

YouTube - Magic Shaving Cream for bald heads? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuJWY7TcbSo)

hippifried
05-16-2011, 11:55 PM
I just shave in the shower ever second or third day with standard foam and razor. I find soft is the best for me. But remember to exfoliate after and moisturize as well.
Good Luck
PS soft strokes (pardon the pun)
I started shaving my face in the shower long before I ever started shaving any other part of my body at all. What I discovered was that I only cut myself if I'm trying to watch the razor. No more. I do all my shaving strictly by feel now.

Oh, & I found that KY jelly or its equivalent works a lot better than any foam. Especially in the shower, where the hot water & steam are already softening the hair.

One more tip: Shave before washing with soap. The natural oils on your skin (not water soluable) help make the surface slick so the blades glide with less resistence. Soap removes the oil.

hotnphx
05-17-2011, 12:00 AM
Hmmm ,not sure of that . Prefer hot water and soap to loosen the whiskers..
Soap for clensing ,that to assure no bumps , or pimples after the shave..
Know a few strippers , they use antibacterial soap to shave with . Seems to give a nice smooth , pimple free look..

hippifried
05-17-2011, 12:58 AM
I don't get bumps. They're caused by resistence to the blade. Wash with whatever you want 2 minutes later.

william.howl
05-17-2011, 05:39 AM
I use nair once a week on my entire body (except head, of course) and it works great. Be careful with your nails, though, or it will dissolve them. And like others have said, don't forget to exfoliate, this will help to prevent ingrown hairs and shaving burn.

stickyicky69
05-17-2011, 07:16 AM
get it waxed

natina
05-17-2011, 08:35 AM
MAGIC SHAVE IS BETTER then nair

MAGIC SHAVE works on coarse hair and many have used it to shave there

entire body

I use nair once a week on my entire body (except head, of course) and it works great. Be careful with your nails, though, or it will dissolve them. And like others have said, don't forget to exfoliate, this will help to prevent ingrown hairs and shaving burn.