PDA

View Full Version : Texas may strip away transgender marriage rights

scroller
04-25-2011, 04:15 PM
"AUSTIN, Texas – Two years after Texas became one of the last states to allow transgendered people to use proof of their sex change to get a marriage license, Republican lawmakers are trying to roll back the clock.

Advocates for the transgendered say a proposal to bar transgendered people from getting married smacks of discrimination and would put their legally-granted marriages in danger of being nullified if challenged in court." [AP]

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110425/ap_on_re_us/us_texas_transgender_marriage

tsnajwa
04-25-2011, 11:41 PM
wonder if that means mtfs can marry women then... or just not marry at all?

robertlouis
04-26-2011, 07:23 AM
"AUSTIN, Texas – Two years after Texas became one of the last states to allow transgendered people to use proof of their sex change to get a marriage license, Republican lawmakers are trying to roll back the clock.

Advocates for the transgendered say a proposal to bar transgendered people from getting married smacks of discrimination and would put their legally-granted marriages in danger of being nullified if challenged in court." [AP]

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110425/ap_on_re_us/us_texas_transgender_marriage

A fucked up morality in a fucked up country.

LittleGuy
04-26-2011, 07:42 AM
Who wants to get married anyways? Same pussy gets boring

scroller
04-26-2011, 08:03 AM
Who wants to get married anyways? Same pussy gets boring

Actually I agree, but at the same time I don't need to force my preference on others.

scroller
04-26-2011, 08:04 AM
wonder if that means mtfs can marry women then... or just not marry at all?

The former. FTA: "... in cases of marriage, gender is assigned at birth and sticks with a person throughout their life even if they have a sex change."

hippifried
04-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Nullification of existing marriage contracts would require that the law be ex post facto. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that's allowed.

robertlouis
04-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Nullification of existing marriage contracts would require that the law be ex post facto. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that's allowed.

Land of the free? Ha fucking ha.