PDA

View Full Version : Allanah Starr's Xmas Wish List..........................

AllanahStarrNYC
12-17-2005, 11:50 PM
I bet you were probably waiting for a list of very expensive handbags and shoes?

The truth isI am a truly blessed person in so many ways, and I know there are so many unfortunate people in this world, that the life I have lived has truly been a lucky one. A lot of fans, have sent me emails asking me what I would like for Christmas, or what I would for like them to buy me. The honest truth is that, though I love my shoes and bags (you all know I am a designer label whore) this time of year we all should try to do a little good for others.

So if you did want to buy me a gift, may may I suggest making a donation to The Hetrick-Martin Institute, home of The Harvey Milk School in NYC. In case you are not familiar with the Harvey Milk School, it is a school for lesbian, gay, and tg youths in New York City. It provides a safe school environment, where students of different sexual orientations and identities get a fair education free from violence. When I was in school, from kindergarten until I graduated, there was not one day in my school life that I was teased, verbally abused, or harassed for being feminine. I was always extremely feminine, and I did not even realize I was different until I got to school and in kindergarten the kids right away starting calling me a fag, sissy, etc. I heard those worlds hundreds of thousand of time during my school years. I am not going to lie or even down play it; school life for me was a living hell. I was bullied, ostracized, had no friends, and lived in constant fear of when I was to be the subject of embarrassment by someone insulting me in class, in the halls, anywhere. It was a terrible time in my life emotionally. I would walk up and down the halls with my head down to avoid attention. You can imagine the affect this has on any young person year after year. I luckily was able to overcome that abuse, but unfortunately a lot of kinds cannot. They either drop out, or turn to drugs, or worse commit suicide. LGBTG students often face harassment, violence, and ridicule and often school officials and teachers themselves are of little help . The Harvey Milk School offers LGBT students a chance at an education without harassment. I wish when I was a student there was a school like The Harvey Milk School for me to go to. So if you can please help by making a donation. You can do so directly by clicking on this link:

https://www.hmi.org/HOME/Form/Params/forms/1296/default.aspx

or find out more details by checking out :

www.hmi.org for complete details.

Thank you all so much, as that would be the best Christmas Present ever!

Hugs and Kisses!

BeardedOne
12-18-2005, 12:21 AM
Thanx for that info Allanah.

MoonAndStar
12-18-2005, 12:48 AM
wow... Allanah i really admire your views and how selfless you are... a person in your postion could easily post a thread here saying i want so and so and this and and that.... but instead you are using your own status to help others who are not as fortunate....

happy holidays.... ;~)

*Kiely_Marie*
12-23-2005, 06:38 AM
I bet you were probably waiting for a list of very expensive handbags and shoes?

The truth isI am a truly blessed person in so many ways, and I know there are so many unfortunate people in this world, that the life I have lived has truly been a lucky one. A lot of fans, have sent me emails asking me what I would like for Christmas, or what I would for like them to buy me. The honest truth is that, though I love my shoes and bags (you all know I am a designer label whore) this time of year we all should try to do a little good for others.

So if you did want to buy me a gift, may may I suggest making a donation to The Hetrick-Martin Institute, home of The Harvey Milk School in NYC. In case you are not familiar with the Harvey Milk School, it is a school for lesbian, gay, and tg youths in New York City. It provides a safe school environment, where students of different sexual orientations and identities get a fair education free from violence. When I was in school, from kindergarten until I graduated, there was not one day in my school life that I was teased, verbally abused, or harassed for being feminine. I was always extremely feminine, and I did not even realize I was different until I got to school and in kindergarten the kids right away starting calling me a fag, sissy, etc. I heard those worlds hundreds of thousand of time during my school years. I am not going to lie or even down play it; school life for me was a living hell. I was bullied, ostracized, had no friends, and lived in constant fear of when I was to be the subject of embarrassment by someone insulting me in class, in the halls, anywhere. It was a terrible time in my life emotionally. I would walk up and down the halls with my head down to avoid attention. You can imagine the affect this has on any young person year after year. I luckily was able to overcome that abuse, but unfortunately a lot of kinds cannot. They either drop out, or turn to drugs, or worse commit suicide. LGBTG students often face harassment, violence, and ridicule and often school officials and teachers themselves are of little help . The Harvey Milk School offers LGBT students a chance at an education without harassment. I wish when I was a student there was a school like The Harvey Milk School for me to go to. So if you can please help by making a donation. You can do so directly by clicking on this link:

Hugs and Kisses!

Thats so sweet of u Allanah to bring up the Harvey Milk school ... I go there for after-school sometimes and use to work there ... Ima start working there again this Jan ...

TgirlloverinPA
12-23-2005, 07:24 AM
A great cause. Might I also suggest a donation to any politician you might see as being worthy. I admit there are few. But you might find one that meets you half way on a couple of issues. Cause overall they all suck!

hwbs
12-23-2005, 12:12 PM
yeah i agree about helping someone else on christmas....just the other day i was chatting with one of my friends and then she lays it on me.... "i have cancer....this poor girl already fought off cancer when she was a teenager.....she gets to spend the holiday getting chemo...this girl is so selfless...all shes is concerned with is what her boyfriend would like for christmas.....sometimes we think we have it bad, but there is always someone worse off then us, ten fold............... :( :( :(

December
12-23-2005, 02:10 PM

Hugs and Kisses!

Damn good. Also, (IIRC) tax-deductable and it's not a donation that will be eaten alive in advertising/promotion or silly Galas where the admins pat themselves on the back an' beg for tax-dollars.

Allanah, maybe you should set up a drop-box PO box and have people send their reciepts after donation (or a copy thereof), it might warm your day in this miserable weather we're having this winter.

(There are a few things that transcend politics, HMI is one.)

AllanahStarrNYC
12-23-2005, 06:52 PM
Thank you December- that is a GREAT idea.

I am thinking of establishing it permanently as my charity of choice- adding it as part of my preview of my website to fund raise. As well-I am hoping to do a benefit next yeat for the school @ one of my parties as we did for The Red Cross.

Thanks for all who have responded- I think this is a great cause to help out!

Aedan
12-23-2005, 09:31 PM

Hugs and Kisses!

I can understand this...................................but the world is a cruel place.
What if these kids come from a safe place into the real world?
Allanah, if your schoollife wasn't a living hell where would you be today?
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.................

scorpion
12-24-2005, 02:51 AM
Werry nice idea but it shoulld not bee needed. In my world shoulld evryone respect evrybody its only coverd peopole hiding behind masks who do this mob against peopole who are diffrent. Im have always been strong and werry sporty.. but I have get my turns...but I have always landed on my feets so far. Im sure that the world gonna change in a few years.. Gay trans etc gonna bee ordinary.. remember there is no sin.. its created by coverd peopel four a fact of power ... nothing else,
Im sorry four my bad wroten englich but I hope you understand my point.
I should take a closer look at the link and see what I can do.
My new year gonna start whit I gonna do a registerd partership my tgirl yep in las palmas dated to 2eme januar... which mee god luck
Scorpion

Hara_Juku Tgirl
12-24-2005, 04:43 AM
I am thinking of establishing it permanently as my charity of choice- adding it as part of my preview of my website to fund raise. As well-I am hoping to do a benefit next yeat for the school @ one of my parties as we did for The Red Cross.

God Bless you Allanah!..Wishing you the best always!! :wink:

~Kisses.http://www.anikaos.com/0032-kao_licca_kao-ani/kao_licca_kao-ani_25.gif

HTG

AllanahStarrNYC
12-24-2005, 05:41 AM
If I had the choice to attend a school, where I was supported, not harrased- or bullied for my identity - and had not to go through the shit I went through believe me, I would have NOT stayed at my regulatr highschool.

Since you have not walked a mile in my shoes- and do not what is is like for LBGT students, escpecially the obvious ones, and have not gone through some of things they have to go through- then you would not understand.

Though, I find it hard to believe how you could not understand. Empathy for others I guess is a gift-and I suppose when you have been through trauma it does become important to you-hency why I could see why this cause would not matter to some.

You telling me that what I went through made me a stronger person is like telling a rape victim was good for her, because it helped where she as it today.

You have no idea what I went through- I did very well in school- but I adjusted poorly socially, was painfully shy, had no friends, and suffered severe anxiety from all the harrasement. I took me a long time to overcome that- I made every effort to do that. I survived it- many people do not.

Aedan
12-24-2005, 03:58 PM
If I had the choice to attend a school, where I was supported, not harrased- or bullied for my identity - and had not to go through the shit I went through believe me, I would have NOT stayed at my regulatr highschool.

Since you have not walked a mile in my shoes- and do not what is is like for LBGT students, escpecially the obvious ones, and have not gone through some of things they have to go through- then you would not understand.

Though, I find it hard to believe how you could not understand. Empathy for others I guess is a gift-and I suppose when you have been through trauma it does become important to you-hency why I could see why this cause would not matter to some.

You telling me that what I went through made me a stronger person is like telling a rape victim was good for her, because it helped where she as it today.

You have no idea what I went through- I did very well in school- but I adjusted poorly socially, was painfully shy, had no friends, and suffered severe anxiety from all the harrasement. I took me a long time to overcome that- I made every effort to do that. I survived it- many people do not.

Survival of the fittest is the name of the game. That is what the world is about.

AllanahStarrNYC
12-24-2005, 05:56 PM
Yes- I am familiar with Darwinism and it does not apply to this situation.
Pick a better theory to sustain your case.

1. Either you are just being an asshole.

2. You are really a pessimist.

3. You are being an asshole.

In any case- here is a Merry Christmas for you- maybe it will soften your pessimism/assholism.

Happy Holidays.

hwbs
12-25-2005, 01:39 AM
ohhhh merry christmas miss allanah ....give the children my love :lol: :lol: :lol:

BeardedOne
12-25-2005, 02:54 AM
If it's "survival of the fittest" then I have certainly broken that rule.

I had good fortune to end up winning the lottery (Which is how 'exceptional students' were chosen for the program) to be in an experimental education program in the mid-sevenites.

I survived, but I have never truly concidered myself 'the fittest'.

By nature of the program, the student body and teachers were exceptionally tollerant of 'alternative lifestyles' (Remember that this was a scant five years after Stonewall). This didn't make life in the 'real school' (Where I spent 50% of my class time) any easier.

The concept of a Harvey Milk school/program wasn't even on the radar at the time. Therein lies the shame of it. :cry:

Pardon any rambling/typos. I despise the horrordaze and am swilling as I ype. :(

BeardedOne
12-25-2005, 02:56 AM
In any case- here is a Merry Christmas for you- maybe it will soften your pessimism/assholism.

Happy Holidays.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I =really= wanna meet you some day, Allanah. Be it socially or professionally, it's one encounter I can't miss. :)

DamionXXX
12-26-2005, 04:43 AM
Я Люблю Вас Ulyana, я Люблю только Вас ... теперь и для остальной части моей жизни.

hwbs
12-26-2005, 05:46 AM
AGREED ....this guy is really an asshole....with 5 posts already talking shit....what else is new :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

Aedan
12-26-2005, 02:08 PM
Survival of the fittest is the name of the game. That is what the world is about.

wow 5 posts and you have already basicly made it clear that you arent really concerned with transgendered or gays that get harrassed, beaten, injured and even killed... because its survival of the fittest...

seriously leave this board and dont come back, tell that shit to any tgirl in person and you may find yourself with a 6 inch heel firmly stuck in your forehead...

compassion is not a sign of weakness, and those needing a helping hand and a push in the right direction arent inferior to you or anyone else...

I voulenteered with the Lee county association for retarded citizens... and they needed alot of help... so by your theory we should just let them all fend for themselves... how about abandoned children just let em starve or freeze to death...

I really think that there is a silent minority here that never stops for one second to read thier own posts before hitting the submit button...

Cruelty, apathy, and ignorance really arent the most desired traits around here... so get a new screen name and try again without being a complete asshole...

I pray that you have a gay or handicapped child some day... or would you just tell them that the beatings they take at school will make them stronger...

dude you seriously are a fucking retard yourself, no I take that back retarded people are generally pretty tolerant and accepting of other people...

You are not for real, the world is different and the world is more then the us of a. If my kid is gay and gets bullied i will teach him to fight back but i will not hide him in some special program or school. What do you think will happen when these kids leave their special school? Are they going to work at a special company? No they are back into the real world.
You make it seem that gays are the only one who get murdered,beaten and harassed. Gays and transsexuals are people like any other and should not be treaten different.
Dude you are a very stupid person, treating people different is discrimination. If you are gay? Fine but don't whine about it. Accept who you are and others will accept you too.

Aedan
12-26-2005, 02:16 PM

wow 5 posts and you have already basicly made it clear that you arent really concerned with transgendered or gays that get harrassed, beaten, injured and even killed... because its survival of the fittest...

seriously leave this board and dont come back, tell that shit to any tgirl in person and you may find yourself with a 6 inch heel firmly stuck in your forehead...

compassion is not a sign of weakness, and those needing a helping hand and a push in the right direction arent inferior to you or anyone else...

I voulenteered with the Lee county association for retarded citizens... and they needed alot of help... so by your theory we should just let them all fend for themselves... how about abandoned children just let em starve or freeze to death...

I really think that there is a silent minority here that never stops for one second to read thier own posts before hitting the submit button...

Cruelty, apathy, and ignorance really arent the most desired traits around here... so get a new screen name and try again without being a complete asshole...

I pray that you have a gay or handicapped child some day... or would you just tell them that the beatings they take at school will make them stronger...

dude you seriously are a fucking retard yourself, no I take that back retarded people are generally pretty tolerant and accepting of other people...

Lets talk about compassion for a minute.........bombing innocent people in Iraq...you call that compassion? Killing children and burning them with napalm in Vietnam...is that compassion? Torturing people in foreign countrys...is that compassion?
Handicapped children? You pray for a handicap child? Just to get back at me? You call that compassion? I hope the Lord doesn't hear you pray.
Ask all the children in Iraq, Serbia,Vietnam and many more countries if they are happy because they are handicapped by bombs made in the USA. Ask them.
What a monster you are....praying for a handicapped child.

BeardedOne
12-27-2005, 12:04 AM
:offtopic

In other nooz...

Not to kidnap your thread, Alannah, but are you familiar with the Revlon Walk/Run for Women? It's an annual NY event to support research on women's cancers. A close friend of mine from NY runs each year with a group from her workplace which matches their donations/pledges.

While I have some rather nasty opinions on Ron Perlman (Revlon's CEO), I wholeheartedly support the charity and donate each year in memory of my eldest sister and, beginning this year, my mother as well.

This year's run is May 6, 2006. If it's OK to do so, I'll post a link.

hwbs
12-27-2005, 08:30 AM
there is nuthing wrong with special schools...my cousin isnt gaybut he had serious A.D.D. and social issues ...he had trouble fitting into normal public schools...they really helped him turn around his life and now he is just as normal as anyone else....so i wouldnt be so quick to judge....

NYCe
12-27-2005, 08:33 AM
:offtopic

In other nooz...

Not to kidnap your thread, Alannah, but are you familiar with the Revlon Walk/Run for Women? It's an annual NY event to support research on women's cancers. A close friend of mine from NY runs each year with a group from her workplace which matches their donations/pledges.

While I have some rather nasty opinions on Ron Perlman (Revlon's CEO), I wholeheartedly support the charity and donate each year in memory of my eldest sister and, beginning this year, my mother as well.

This year's run is May 6, 2006. If it's OK to do so, I'll post a link.

Feel free to post that link BeardedOne. I've lost 2 female family members to cancer and always sponsor someone in the Walk/Run. I might actually walk this year, not sure yet.

Aedan
12-27-2005, 08:41 PM
there is nuthing wrong with special schools...my cousin isnt gaybut he had serious A.D.D. and social issues ...he had trouble fitting into normal public schools...they really helped him turn around his life and now he is just as normal as anyone else....so i wouldnt be so quick to judge....

I think special schools promote discrimination.
That is my opion.
You say that i am an asshole but you think it is ok for someone to pray for a handicapped child. What kind of person are you?
You are a moderator and allowing someone to pray here for a handicapped child. You are fine with that?
That makes you feel comfortable?
You want special schools but on this tranny website it is ok to pray for a handicapped child. What do you think?
Maybe if you remove this idiot from this board. Because no person in the world gives money to private schools where trannies can pray for handicapped children. No way never.

BeardedOne
12-27-2005, 10:26 PM
Moving right along... :|

Thanks NYCe, this link will take you to a base page for the 2006 Revlon events. I wasn't aware that they also have one in LA the following week. The links at the bottom of the page take you to the info for each one.

http://www.revlonrunwalk.com/

chefmike
02-27-2006, 03:31 AM

You are not for real, the world is different and the world is more then the us of a. If my kid is gay and gets bullied i will teach him to fight back but i will not hide him in some special program or school. What do you think will happen when these kids leave their special school? Are they going to work at a special company? No they are back into the real world.
You make it seem that gays are the only one who get murdered,beaten and harassed. Gays and transsexuals are people like any other and should not be treaten different.
Dude you are a very stupid person, treating people different is discrimination. If you are gay? Fine but don't whine about it. Accept who you are and others will accept you too.

:thumbsdown

:screwy

:trolls

Quinn
02-27-2006, 03:56 AM

LMAO. I hope – for your sake – Darwin meant "survival of the dumbest" and not "survival of the fittest."

-Quinn

chefmike
02-27-2006, 04:21 AM
LMAO...what we have here is the cyberspace equivalent of someone being tarred and feathered...and the cretin in question is obliging us by supplying the tar and the feathers...

Edmund
02-27-2006, 08:28 AM
But hey, Merry Christmas everyone... I guess...

Chef, why did you resurrect a two-month-dead thread in order to tell people not to pay attention to it?

Seems a bit odd to me...

chefmike
03-01-2006, 09:17 PM
But hey, Merry Christmas everyone... I guess...

Chef, why did you resurrect a two-month-dead thread in order to tell people not to pay attention to it?

Seems a bit odd to me...

No, actually it was to draw attention to a certain piss boy's legacy of lunacy...merry xmas to you too, pilgram...

The truth?...about Aedan?...well...maybe...

bunzy
03-01-2006, 09:43 PM
No, actually it was to draw attention to a certain piss boy's legacy of lunacy...merry xmas to you too, pilgram...

Why do you keep bringin' antagonism to the board :!: :?:

chefmike
03-01-2006, 10:13 PM

Why do you keep bringin' antagonism to the board :!: :?:

Why don't you go ask the lunatic from b'more that you bow and scrape on your knees before, little bunnybitch? Keep in mind that you must show proper respect to feminem, or you will be DELETED AND BANNED!!!

does this remind you of anyone...you nutless punk?

BeardedOne
03-02-2006, 12:24 AM
Oh, puh-leeze! :x

This is just bad form! :soapbox

Can we leave this particular thread for info on the charities we support?

Please?

Pretty please?

A reminder:

The 9th Annual Revlon Run/Walk for Women is May 6th in New York, from Times Square to Central Park.

More info at: http://www.revlonrunwalk.com/

chefmike
03-02-2006, 12:49 AM
Oh, puh-leeze! :x

This is just bad form! :soapbox

Can we leave this particular thread for info on the charities we support?

Please?

Pretty please?

A reminder:

The 9th Annual Revlon Run/Walk for Women is May 6th in New York, from Times Square to Central Park.

More info at: http://www.revlonrunwalk.com/

Bearded One, it goes without saying that it is a good cause...perhaps you should start another thread, or a sticky on it...and as for piss boy and bunny bitch...A reminder : this thread would have been left in obscurity if not for the hypocrisy of a certain attention seeking poster...yes, that one...the same one who bashed handicapped schools that he no doubt flunked out of...

BeardedOne
03-02-2006, 01:24 AM
Point taken. :smh