View Full Version : First Defeat of Many,

BlackAdder
12-16-2005, 08:14 PM
Oh yes, the tide is finally turning my misguided Republican friends....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051216/ap_on_go_co/patriot_act

Quinn
12-16-2005, 08:21 PM
A step in the right direction.

-Quinn

Legend
12-16-2005, 08:30 PM
now if they can switch bush's real brain back from the monkey.

lahabra1976
12-16-2005, 08:50 PM
no don't switch his brain back, the monkey may actually be smarter

chefmike
12-16-2005, 09:54 PM
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

brickcitybrother
12-17-2005, 03:43 AM
Its more of a trip than a step, but anything at this point is better than nothing.

DJ_Asia
12-17-2005, 01:44 PM
Im so disgusted I moved out of the country...Try living abroad as an American expat and then you will really see how much the rest of the world despises and laughs at us.At first I tried to use the defense that the people arent a good indication of the government and they shouldnt compare us to the lying buffoon in The White House,but they always say the same thing in response..."Well somebody re-elected him"..and to that unfortunately I have no response that doesnt sound like a lame excuse.

Ive never been one to follow party lines,but this Bush guy is worse than even his father,and thats pretty friggin bad....However I think McCain might be an ok guy...thoughts?

DJ Asia

Quinn
12-17-2005, 05:38 PM
Im so disgusted I moved out of the country...Try living abroad as an American expat and then you will really see how much the rest of the world despises and laughs at us.At first I tried to use the defense that the people arent a good indication of the government and they shouldnt compare us to the lying buffoon in The White House,but they always say the same thing in response..."Well somebody re-elected him"..and to that unfortunately I have no response that doesnt sound like a lame excuse.

Ive never been one to follow party lines,but this Bush guy is worse than even his father,and thats pretty friggin bad....However I think McCain might be an ok guy...thoughts?

DJ Asia

I've lived abroad, and my experience was much the same as yours. However, it has also been my experience that once people find out you aren't a Bush supporter, they are ok with you.

I'm not a party guy either - and do not trust the judgment of either party's leadership to be honest - but Bush and the Neocons are really damaging this nation. I agree with you that McCain might be a decent guy.

-Quinn

-Quinn

BlackAdder
12-17-2005, 07:26 PM
Sadly Ill see the Libertarians pony up another lame duck(... I dont much like either party as well. I do know which one is more evil though.