PDA

View Full Version : AT&T buys T-Mobile

PomonaCA
03-20-2011, 09:59 PM
Pretty sweet. I was tired of T-Mobile bringing it's euro-ness to America. Now it will be good ole' AT&T and when they go 4G, its going to kick ass!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-20/at-t-agrees-to-buy-deutsche-telekom-s-t-mobile-usa-unit-for-39-billion.html (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/ts_afp/usgermanytelecomcompanymerger)

Dino Velvet
03-20-2011, 10:10 PM
So what's going to happen to the cute T-Mobile gal?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_BVMKRjXLGGo/TNec3q5VTeI/AAAAAAAAAOw/4SffpbBaDkc/s1600/ttttttt.jpg

flabbybody
03-20-2011, 10:38 PM
holy shit.
I thought this was a joke when I saw the thread title

flabbybody
03-20-2011, 11:14 PM
and here's why the public will get fucked. this is all about cost cutting and eliminating competition.
many of the rate plans that benefit consumers will be eliminated now that one less player is in the game. phone and gadget prices will eventually creep up.
thousands of jobs will be eliminated as the new combined company eliminates redundancies. dozens of store fronts in Manhattan alone will be closed at a time when retail vacancies are at historic highs

now is there any good news ?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-20-2011, 11:51 PM
Yeah....................... Euro-ness to America aka FIBER OPTIC lines to cell towers
good ole AT&T has been using Ethernet to their towers hence dropped calls

but uh huh go 4G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SMH

great merger minus the OP, and R.I.P. Sprint, how low will they go with their plans now? $29.99 Unlimited everything?!?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-20-2011, 11:58 PM
and here's why the public will get fucked. this is all about cost cutting and eliminating competition.
many of the rate plans that benefit consumers will be eliminated now that one less player is in the game. phone and gadget prices will eventually creep up.
thousands of jobs will be eliminated as the new combined company eliminates redundancies. dozens of store fronts in Manhattan alone will be closed at a time when retail vacancies are at historic highs

some stores will close, that's a given, retail sales people will not be dismissed like corporate heads will be,

The Good News @ Flabby: if there was EVER a time to guarantee unlimited EVERYTHING for $80 with NO CONTRACT from a company now would be the time before the contracts merge and you're stuck with a mandatory 2 year annual contract

T-Mobile customers will now have to be offered a buyout of their contracts OR free new phones of equal value to what they currently have unless AT&T miraculously keeps the 1700mHz frequency they are on....... the 2100mHz frequency is the dominant one and I don't see folks wanting anything otherwise (T-Mobile users will now be able to use 80% of the quad band gsm phones they currently couldnt in the states due to the frequency)

finally

T-Mobile employees will now have the backing of a UNION. To many of you this might not mean much but to employees who have NEVER had this as an option it opens up doors of opportunity.....

scubaman
03-21-2011, 12:29 AM
T-Mobile employees will now have the backing of a UNION. To many of you this might not mean much but to employees who have NEVER had this as an option it opens up doors of opportunity.....

Haven't you been watching the news lately JWBL? Unions are the cause of all the financial issues the states are now experiencing.

rockabilly
03-21-2011, 12:39 AM
American
Totalitarian
Tele-comunications

So much for competition.

Nowhere
03-21-2011, 01:28 AM
Do antitrust laws not exist any more? Or are they just not enforced?

PomonaCA
03-21-2011, 02:29 AM
There is still as much choice today as 10 years ago. Even after the acquisition we'll still have as many players as we did then.

With MetroPCS, Walmart Straight Talk, Walmart Family Mobile, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon. Not to mention the MVNO's that didn't exist back then.

Besides, T-Mobile was only about 11% of the market and had no plans for any REAL LTE deployment.

BellaBellucci
03-21-2011, 02:34 AM

:iagree: Conglomeration is bad, mm'kay?!

American
Totalitarian
Tele-comunications

So much for competition.

... but it's OK for Grooby, right? :rolleyes:

~BB~

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-21-2011, 04:41 AM
There is still as much choice today as 10 years ago. Even after the acquisition we'll still have as many players as we did then.

With MetroPCS, Walmart Straight Talk, Walmart Family Mobile, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon. Not to mention the MVNO's that didn't exist back then.

Besides, T-Mobile was only about 11% of the market and had no plans for any REAL LTE deployment.

And if you think LTE deployment will be successful under the new AT&T/T-Mobile setup you're kidding yourself

no one will ever bet Verizon in LTE, period

DT wanted to dump T-Mobile and even if the FCC goes against this buyout the company still gets split up, a win for DT

onmyknees
03-21-2011, 04:49 AM
I don't know if ultimately it will be good or bad...I suppose it's where you're coming from. Stock holders from both companies seem to be elated, and AT&T is one of the most widely held stocks, so it's not just Wall Street insiders making some coin. Lots of pension and mutual funds hold that stock.
Working in the indusrty, mergers and acquisitions are a way of life. It does no good to dream of the good old monoply days where everybody was just about guaranteed a 30 year career but there was no competition.

If as Flabby suggests it will ultimately cause us to have less choices as consumers, I suppose on balance that's not a good thing.

rockabilly
03-21-2011, 04:54 AM
:iagree: Conglomeration is bad, mm'kay?!

... but it's OK for Grooby, right? :rolleyes:

~BB~

Aww snap! Grooby is a mobile carrier now?

What kind of plan do they have?

Can i get Hazel Tucker moaning my name as a ringtone? And Grooby updates sent straight to my phone? Can i keep my old number?

Silcc69
03-21-2011, 04:58 AM
Ok wow now i'm thinkin:

Remeber when T-Mobile use to be Voicestream? Verizon use to be Powertel, Cingular was Suncom?

Tmobile actually had pretty good prices on there rates. I can't believe this actually going down. Does the US Goverment not give a damn about monopolies anymore?

PomonaCA
03-21-2011, 06:16 AM
And if you think LTE deployment will be successful under the new AT&T/T-Mobile setup you're kidding yourself

DT wanted to dump T-Mobile and even if the FCC goes against this buyout the company still gets split up, a win for DT

You're lost. T-Mobile had a snowballs chance in hell of competing in LTE which is why DT wanted to dump T-Mobile (they saw it too costly to follow through on any new technology even to the point of branding their fast 3G as 4G). Everyone knew that LTE for T-Mobile was cost prohibitive. So DT gets to save face, makes some nice coin and gets a stake in AT&T (not a bad deal for them). AT&T gets subscribers, subscribers, subscribers.

Barring some political grandstanding by a slimy politician ala john kerry, this deal gets quick approval. The carriers will make the same argument I have:

MVNO's
MetroPCS
Walmart Straight Talk/Family Mobile

And lets not forget, the cost of wireless has come DOWN over the last 10 years... this despite mergers and acquisition.

Nowhere
03-21-2011, 06:37 AM
I don't care about the cost. AT&T has had sh*t service and support forever. T-Mobile has not. It's a loss for both customers. I'm going to Verizon if this happens.

Also, people keep on forgetting: AT&T is using the money it could have invested in more towers, better hardware, better coverage, etc - on this merger. Imagine $39 billion in better infrastructure. Remember that when you have crap coverage two years from now.

BellaBellucci
03-21-2011, 06:40 AM
You're lost. T-Mobile had a snowballs chance in hell of competing in LTE which is why DT wanted to dump T-Mobile (they saw it too costly to follow through on any new technology even to the point of branding their fast 3G as 4G). Everyone knew that LTE for T-Mobile was cost prohibitive. So DT gets to save face, makes some nice coin and gets a stake in AT&T (not a bad deal for them). AT&T gets subscribers, subscribers, subscribers.

Barring some political grandstanding by a slimy politician ala john kerry, this deal gets quick approval. The carriers will make the same argument I have:

MVNO's
MetroPCS
Walmart Straight Talk/Family Mobile

And lets not forget, the cost of wireless has come DOWN over the last 10 years... this despite mergers and acquisition.

It's because the size of the market has increased exponentially and newer technology tends to be cheaper to operate than that which it replaced. Not to mention the fact that cellular service really was always overpriced to begin with.

~BB~

PomonaCA
03-21-2011, 06:58 AM
It's because the size of the market has increased exponentially and newer technology tends to be cheaper to operate than that which it replaced. Not to mention the fact that cellular service really was always overpriced to begin with.

~BB~

That's ridiculous. Even poor people have cell phones now. And I'll disregard a novices opinion on wireless valuation. There's a difference between something being expensive and something being overpriced.

Big 4 Carriers are now offering UNLIMITED voice for under 70 bucks, with the MVNO's coming in with UNLIMITED for about $45 bucks on the Verizon network even. What did you get for 45 bucks 10 years ago? 400 minutes?

PomonaCA
03-21-2011, 07:06 AM
I don't care about the cost. AT&T has had sh*t service and support forever. T-Mobile has not. It's a loss for both customers. I'm going to Verizon if this happens.

I'm not offering testimony on AT&T's service because everyone knows it's shitty. The merging of the networks will help this to some degree but improving GSM coverage is not the aim of this merger. The aim is to save what's left of T-Mobile and AT&T gets subscibers.

Believe me, you all want this acquisition, you just don't know it. An independent T-Mobile would be bankrupt in 8 years. They don't own much 4g spectrum and they don't have the pockets to bankroll spectrum acquisition.... or at least they don't have the full participation of DT on that front. Verizon didn't want them because absorbing their technology would be too costly. Sprint couldn't afford them either.

BellaBellucci
03-21-2011, 07:07 AM
Remeber when T-Mobile use to be Voicestream?

Hell, I remember when T-Mobile was Omnipoint! They only did pre-paid back then and it was mad expensive. :lol:

~BB~

NatashaLover
03-21-2011, 07:09 AM
AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, they all suck. I love Sprint! :)

Nowhere
03-21-2011, 07:12 AM
I'm not offering testimony on AT&T's service because everyone knows it's shitty. The merging of the networks will help this to some degree but improving GSM coverage is not the aim of this merger. The aim is to save what's left of T-Mobile and AT&T gets subscibers.

Believe me, you all want this acquisition, you just don't know it. An independent T-Mobile would be bankrupt in 8 years. They don't own much 4g spectrum and they don't have the pockets to bankroll spectrum acquisition.... or at least they don't have the full participation of DT on that front. Verizon didn't want them because absorbing their technology would be too costly. Sprint couldn't afford them either.

You don't get it. The reason their service is shitty is because their business strategy is to squeeze their technology so tight that the service becomes shitty. That policy is not going to change with the acquisition of t-mobile. In fact it's going to be worse since they have to bankroll $39 billion.

In the end, all of AT&T's customers and all of T-Mobile's customers are going to be left with AT&T's crappy quality of service, except, well, being slightly worse. That's what I'm talking about here.

3G, 4G, LTE, it doesn't matter. The technology isn't the problem. It's the lack of competition and business practices. The business wins and the consumers lose. And, given few options (which is why antitrust laws are supposed to be enforced), innovation is discouraged, and we're stuck with garbage.

Still happy about this?

deebo
03-21-2011, 08:42 AM
oh that t mobile girl is so hot:fuckin::fuckin::fuckin:

Silcc69
03-21-2011, 01:23 PM
You don't get it. The reason their service is shitty is because their business strategy is to squeeze their technology so tight that the service becomes shitty. That policy is not going to change with the acquisition of t-mobile. In fact it's going to be worse since they have to bankroll $39 billion.

In the end, all of AT&T's customers and all of T-Mobile's customers are going to be left with AT&T's crappy quality of service, except, well, being slightly worse. That's what I'm talking about here.

3G, 4G, LTE, it doesn't matter. The technology isn't the problem. It's the lack of competition and business practices. The business wins and the consumers lose. And, given few options (which is why antitrust laws are supposed to be enforced), innovation is discouraged, and we're stuck with garbage.

Still happy about this?

They still charge 42 dollars for 6 mb DSL extreme as they call it. Well that was all fine and dandy back in 05 but this is 2011 you're still charging an arm and a leg for the slowest service outside of satellite service?

flabbybody
03-21-2011, 06:17 PM

AT&T would have to pay DT a $3 Billion failure fee if FCC or DOJ kills this deal.
No way they risk that dough if there were any doubts over ultimate approval.
Now watch the politicians in the US and Germany grandstand about possible job losses and monopolistic abuse, but at the end of the day they'll fall in line with the demands of big business.
They always do

CORVETTEDUDE
03-21-2011, 07:34 PM
Whale Shit!!!:fu::fu:

rodinuk
03-21-2011, 07:39 PM
gotta be a ringer - boom-boom :D

Paladin
03-21-2011, 07:54 PM
JWBL, the merged company won't have to offer any buyouts to customers. I was in this industry. we're talking customers, not shareholders. Existing T-mobile customers will be lucky to get the current rates 'guaranteed' until expiration of their contracts - there won't be any free phones, etc., unless they (ATT) offers some new phone at a new rate at some discount - all for a nice long 2 yr or more stranglehold. I've had several carriers - none perfect, (t-mobile at present with no commitment). We'll see.

BTW, the current ATT is not the original, SBC bought ATT a few years ago and then renamed itself ATT, to keep the name recognition. Ma Bell actually got eaten by one of its Baby Bells!

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-21-2011, 08:35 PM
JWBL, the merged company won't have to offer any buyouts to customers. I was in this industry. we're talking customers, not shareholders. Existing T-mobile customers will be lucky to get the current rates 'guaranteed' until expiration of their contracts - there won't be any free phones, etc., unless they (ATT) offers some new phone at a new rate at some discount - all for a nice long 2 yr or more stranglehold. I've had several carriers - none perfect, (t-mobile at present with no commitment). We'll see.

BTW, the current ATT is not the original, SBC bought ATT a few years ago and then renamed itself ATT, to keep the name recognition. Ma Bell actually got eaten by one of its Baby Bells!

Being in the industry right now, I can tell you since last night the word has been the possibility of offering buyouts to customers, especially those on grandfathered plans in fear of a possible major lawsuit. There are ALWAYS free phones, don't be fooled, every day I laugh at a cell phone veteran calling up any of the companies and threatening to go to another carrier and getting a $500 phone without a data plan, say what you want it happens.......

regarding my friend Pomo who says I don't know what I'm talking about (LMAO at that) you stated

Show me where I EVER said T-Mobile wanted to compete in LTE?!?
All I said was if you think the combo of AT&T/T-Mobile with LTE (something AT&T has been desperately trying to work on for months now) will compete with Verizon you're kidding yourself........ This morning AT&T themselves proved me wrong in an earlier post saying they were going to adapt the 1700mHz spectrum and not abandon it in order to get a better network out to 95% of their customers (something they said until this merger was never expected to be possible) so I'll take credit for being mistaken about that, but not once did I ever say T-Mobile themselves was working on some form of LTE, they've been pushing HSPA+ for quite sometime.......

-JWBL

Paladin
03-21-2011, 09:19 PM
Agreed JW, but the free phones almost always come with a commitment. And yes, if your contract period has ended as has mine, you have MUCH more leverage with the carriers. Well, if this goes through (Fed approval), i may be able to get the wife a free i-phone or a newer blackberry (probably will get her an i-phone, since she has an i-pad already.

PomonaCA
03-22-2011, 03:32 AM
Show me where I EVER said T-Mobile wanted to compete in LTE?!?
All I said was if you think the combo of AT&T/T-Mobile with LTE (something AT&T has been desperately trying to work on for months now) will compete with Verizon you're kidding yourself........

T-Mobile had no choice but to have an LTE offering IN ANY FORM. They don't have the spectrum since they were priced out of the bidding several years ago. Both Verizon and AT&T have been working on LTE for more than a few months, in fact, since at least 2009. Any non-MVNO carrier that doesn't go LTE is going to find themselves as a small time player, relegated to pre-paid and other low-tech markets.

This morning AT&T themselves proved me wrong in an earlier post saying they were going to adapt the 1700mHz spectrum and not abandon it in order to get a better network out to 95% of their customers (something they said until this merger was never expected to be possible) so I'll take credit for being mistaken about that, but not once did I ever say T-Mobile themselves was working on some form of LTE, they've been pushing HSPA+ for quite sometime.......
-JWBLThat HSPA that they've been trying to pass off as 4G? You mean that HSPA? Hmmm, why is TMobile trying to sell HSPA as 4G and not the fast 3G that it really is (A fast 3G)?

Your point with 1700 is small potatoes. In 10 years there will be very little 1700 in mobile usage, just as there is very little AMPS now.

PomonaCA
03-22-2011, 03:44 AM

They "squeeze their technology so tight that the service becomes shitty"? What numbers do you have to support this because it simply isn't true. In fact, it's AT&T that has invested in the BILLIONS in LTE and other infrastructure upgrades.

If any carrier intended to "squeeze their technology so tight that the service becomes shitty", it was T-Mobile with their stop-gap pseudo 4G HSPA that they were trying to con us all into believing was really 4G. If you don't see through that ruse, you're simply in denial.

In the end, all of AT&T's customers and all of T-Mobile's customers are going to be left with AT&T's crappy quality of service, except, well, being slightly worse. That's what I'm talking about here. I see. So your point here is that the nearly doubling of capacity that will come with the merger will lead to "being slightly worse"? Uhm, OK.

I suppose if your state double your freeways from 2 lanes to 4 lanes that you would consider morning traffic to be "slightly worse"?

3G, 4G, LTE, it doesn't matter.It does matter. You just don't want it to matter so that you won't have to speak about the facts of the matter. It's easier for you to be angry and say "It doesn't matter".

The technology isn't the problem. It's the lack of competition and business practices. There are more players in the wireless market now than at any time in wireless history.

The business wins and the consumers lose.Weak zero-sum hysterics.

And, given few options (which is why antitrust laws are supposed to be enforced), innovation is discouraged, and we're stuck with garbage.

Still happy about this?What do emotions have to do with this? Emotions have everything to do with the war you are fighting in your head, little to do with this acquisition.

hwbs
03-22-2011, 04:12 AM
i was with tmobile to get away from the bigger companies....i have had no complaints with the service and my area was one of the first with 3 g and now 4g speeds ( gets 7dl and 2 up )...but the main reason was the customer service...now they going to be just like the rest...

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-22-2011, 06:52 AM
T-Mobile had no choice but to have an LTE offering IN ANY FORM. They don't have the spectrum since they were priced out of the bidding several years ago. Both Verizon and AT&T have been working on LTE for more than a few months, in fact, since at least 2009. Any non-MVNO carrier that doesn't go LTE is going to find themselves as a small time player, relegated to pre-paid and other low-tech markets.

Thanks for admitting (you didn't but I know you meant to it's ok, calm down) that I never said that.........since you want to forget the fact that I didn't say that about T-Mobile and LTE......

nonetheless..............

the moment has passed, victory is mine

-JWBL

PomonaCA
03-22-2011, 07:24 AM
Thanks for admitting (you didn't but I know you meant to it's ok, calm down) that I never said that.........since you want to forget the fact that I didn't say that about T-Mobile and LTE......

nonetheless..............

the moment has passed, victory is mine

-JWBL

Ok, you win. You didn't say that. Instead you took some ambiguous position about T-Mobile's future. Then you engaged in manipulative word play.

To be clear, T-Mobile doesn't exist in 7 years unless this acquisition happens or there is some kind of paradigm shift in the way that spectrum is owned by the carriers or administered by the FCC. The last option isn't going to happen and even if it does, prepare for 4 or 5 years of legal rambling by the ones who stand to lose the most.... the carriers and their partners.

The market will lose T-Mobile one way or the other. I prefer the way that will save 80% of the jobs at T-Mobile. The method you prefer will throw them to the wind or the bankruptcy courts.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Ok, you win. You didn't say that. Instead you took some ambiguous position about T-Mobile's future. Then you engaged in manipulative word play.

To be clear, T-Mobile doesn't exist in 7 years unless this acquisition happens or there is some kind of paradigm shift in the way that spectrum is owned by the carriers or administered by the FCC. The last option isn't going to happen and even if it does, prepare for 4 or 5 years of legal rambling by the ones who stand to lose the most.... the carriers and their partners.

The market will lose T-Mobile one way or the other. I prefer the way that will save 80% of the jobs at T-Mobile. The method you prefer will throw them to the wind or the bankruptcy courts.

Again mere speculation by you as no one knows what will definitively happen in 7 years..............

again, thanks for admitting defeat
-JWBL

CORVETTEDUDE
03-22-2011, 04:37 PM
i was with tmobile to get away from the bigger companies....i have had no complaints with the service and my area was one of the first with 3 g and now 4g speeds ( gets 7dl and 2 up )...but the main reason was the customer service...now they going to be just like the rest...

With this statement...I completely agree!!! :iagree:

Paladin
03-22-2011, 08:48 PM
OK, when you all stop pissing on each other, can someone tell me what LTE is??

PomonaCA
03-23-2011, 05:40 AM
Again mere speculation by you as no one knows what will definitively happen in 7 years..............

again, thanks for admitting defeat
-JWBL

Hey, the sun will come up tomorrow. But that's mere speculation.

CORVETTEDUDE
03-23-2011, 05:57 AM
Some of you a alot more 'techie' than I could ever hope to be. Guys...I just want a phone, that works like a phone, without a bulldozer being rammed up my ass. I don't mind the camera, the text capability (although I do very little), voice mail, etc. But, I neither need nor desire something that consumes the majority of my day to operate. I subscribe to the KISS method. I don't give a fuck about 3G, 4G or 10,000G. IMHO, if that stuff consumes you that much...You need to get a frickin' life!!! I enjoy T-Mobile, for their simplicity. I left At&T because of poor customer service when I went to T-Mobile. I, for a short time added a Verizon Wireless account and, putting it as nicely as I can...they're a Total Piece of Shit. If I should go postal before I die...they are #1 on my to do list!

That's all I've got to say....:shrug

PomonaCA
03-23-2011, 06:07 AM
You'll be kissing T-Mobile goodbye with or without the acquisition. Any carrier who is not part of LTE will be out of business. It's that simple. 3G simply can not compete with 4x4 LTE.

Jericho
03-23-2011, 06:30 AM
I just want a phone, that works like a phone, without a bulldozer being rammed up my ass.

What, you mean you don't need a phone that lets you take pictures, listen to music, find your way when you're lost and lets you fuck around on the internet when you should be working?
Luddite!!!
Me too!
My 3120 gets a signal in the arse end of nowhere, my all singing all dancing smart [fukkin ironic, that is!] phone's lucky if it can get a signal under a fukkin cell tower...And the battery life's for shit!

PomonaCA
03-23-2011, 06:38 AM
What, you mean you don't need a phone that lets you take pictures, listen to music, find your way when you're lost and lets you fuck around on the internet when you should be working?
Luddite!!!
Me too!
My 3120 gets a signal in the arse end of nowhere, my all singing all dancing smart [fukkin ironic, that is!] phone's lucky if it can get a signal under a fukkin cell tower...And the battery life's for shit!

Pit voice service on LTE 700mhz against any GSM/CDMA 3G on any 1800/1900 while your indoor and you'll be sucking LTE dick all day and all night.

700mhz LTE is the game changer for in-home/indoor wireless reception.... and T-Mobile didn't get a piece of that ass. They are effectively frozen out of LTE.

bladex76
03-23-2011, 06:46 AM
i hate xingular = AT-T service i was happy with t-mobile my luck i own 8 different cellphones and are gsm no way to another company

bladex76
03-23-2011, 07:05 AM
BellSouth Wireless + Cingular Wireless + ATT Wireless + ??
i hope they keep the unlimited data

the_corner
03-23-2011, 08:36 AM
Less competition is never good for the market I believe.

And for those that say that T-Mobile would be broke 8 years down the road anyway or something along those lines... well... I don't know.

I still remember when in 1997 Michael Dell went out and said that the way to fix apple was to "shut it down and give the money back to the shareholders", I think no one, not even Steve Jobs himself would have predicted that Apple would be the monster it is today (more than 10 times the value of Dell, and second in market cap only to Exxon), yet had they decided to do as Michael Dell said, none of that growth would have ever happened.

I won't argue whether the products of Apple are good, bad, whatever, but, it would certainly be different if they just closed shop, or got absorbed by Sun (now Oracle), like they almost did at some point back in the days.

Now, I won't say that T-Mobile is the next Apple, but who knows what might happen in the future. The only thing we know about the future of the cellphone industry is... one year down the road there will be even less competition than today, and all of the crap that such a thing implies for the end user and consumer.

Just my opinion.

BigDF
03-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Luddite!!!
Me too!
My 3120 gets a signal in the arse end of nowhere, my all singing all dancing smart [fukkin ironic, that is!] phone's lucky if it can get a signal under a fukkin cell tower...And the battery life's for shit!I got rid of my cellphone when I retired...and for the most part don't miss it. I do miss pay phones tho!:(

amaryllis
03-23-2011, 01:47 PM
as long as when i'm overseas i get the same level of service i do now with tmobile i'll be happy. of course this isn't going to happen. :(

Brandi Boots
03-23-2011, 08:38 PM
Tmob had some great plans but imho, the users will be happier because of the expanded coverage and speed. just my $2

Helvis2012
03-24-2011, 02:47 AM
Pretty sweet. I was tired of T-Mobile bringing it's euro-ness to America. Now it will be good ole' AT&T and when they go 4G, its going to kick ass!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-20/at-t-agrees-to-buy-deutsche-telekom-s-t-mobile-usa-unit-for-39-billion.html (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/ts_afp/usgermanytelecomcompanymerger)

Naturally....less choice, higher prices.....you're a fucking moron. And the deal hasn't been approved yet but hey, who cares about all those little details?

onmyknees
03-24-2011, 03:29 AM
Naturally....less choice, higher prices.....you're a fucking moron. And the deal hasn't been approved yet but hey, who cares about all those little details?

Care to venture a wager this will fly through the FCC approval process....Smart guy?

PomonaCA
03-24-2011, 04:40 AM

Which explains why we have unlimited voice now at about $69 bucks when unlimited wasn't even an option several years ago when we had more carriers, right?

PomonaCA
03-24-2011, 04:43 AM
Tmob had some great plans but imho, the users will be happier because of the expanded coverage and speed. just my $2

Whoa whoa whoa! Don't be thinking logically, just go into "I hate all business and rich people, I'd prefer if everyone were poor" angry dufus mode.

bladex76
03-24-2011, 04:49 AM
if i hit the lottery today im making my own company LOL

Silcc69
03-24-2011, 04:53 AM
Whoa whoa whoa! Don't be thinking logically, just go into "I hate all business and rich people, I'd prefer if everyone were poor" angry dufus mode.

Do you really think AT&T is going to magically lower their prices?

PomonaCA
03-24-2011, 05:06 AM
Do you really think AT&T is going to magically lower their prices?

You're waiting on lower prices? Not a bad thing since the major carriers are going on 15 years of radical and ongoing price reductions. Props.

Helvis2012
03-24-2011, 06:17 AM

You're right. :iagree:

Silcc69
03-24-2011, 01:40 PM
You're waiting on lower prices? Not a bad thing since the major carriers are going on 15 years of radical and ongoing price reductions. Props.

Not from AT&T and not from Verizon. Only T-Mobile and Sprint have consistently lowered the prices.

Helvis2012
03-24-2011, 04:16 PM

Do you ever talk about anything that you actually know something about?

PomonaCA
03-25-2011, 05:32 AM
Not from AT&T and not from Verizon. Only T-Mobile and Sprint have consistently lowered the prices.

You want to tell us how much UNLIMITED was 10 years ago? LOL

Try about $199.99 for 2000 minutes with an .08$ overage per minute.

PomonaCA
03-25-2011, 05:35 AM
Do you ever talk about anything that you actually know something about?

Well I would talk about the fact that you are homosexual, but what does your sexual preference have to do with AT&T or T-Mobile?

Klinghoffer 660C
03-25-2011, 05:53 AM

Getting fucked in the ass by large corporations is not the same as being banged by a tranny....I would expect a powerbottom like you to be able to draw that distinction.

PomonaCA
03-25-2011, 05:54 AM
Getting fucked in the ass by large corporations is not the same as being banged by a tranny....you of all people should know that by now.

What a creepy look into your subconscious.

Silcc69
03-25-2011, 08:38 PM
New logo
http://i55.tinypic.com/zyiz5k.png

PomonaCA
03-26-2011, 05:09 AM
New logo
http://i55.tinypic.com/zyiz5k.png

Sweet logo. I'm saving it.

Helvis2012
03-28-2011, 06:13 AM
Well I would talk about the fact that you are homosexual, but what does your sexual preference have to do with AT&T or T-Mobile?

Said the closet queen on a tranny chasing site. LOL! :loser:

Silcc69
04-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Ouch PomonaCA what are they doing?

http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-20042961-85.html?tag=mncol;txt

Silcc69
04-27-2011, 09:59 PM
This keeps getting better and better

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/04/att-t-mobile-sucks-and-wed-like-to-buy-it-for-39-billion.ars

flabbybody
08-31-2011, 04:38 PM
CNBC reporting that US Justice Department will not approve this merger.
developing story

Nashvegas
08-31-2011, 04:47 PM
CNBC reporting that US Justice Department will not approve this merger.
developing story

in terms of competition in the market, this is probably a good thing for consumers.

brickcitybrother
09-01-2011, 02:26 AM
I agree

Silcc69
09-01-2011, 02:49 AM
PomonaCA you jsut got pwned

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/01/us-att-tmobile-idUSTRE77U39220110901?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=71

PomonaCA
09-01-2011, 07:08 AM
Like I said previously, T-Mobile will cease to exist (probably within the next 5 years), merger or no merger. At this point it's just a matter of pride for anti-business liberals.

Deutche has flatly said they will abandon the US Market. T-Mobile USA's assets will be liquidated even in the absence of a merger. It's only a matter of who buys the assets (Which AT&T is in best position to buy).

Silcc69
09-02-2011, 02:23 AM
Like I said previously, T-Mobile will cease to exist (probably within the next 5 years), merger or no merger. At this point it's just a matter of pride for anti-business liberals.

Deutche has flatly said they will abandon the US Market. T-Mobile USA's assets will be liquidated even in the absence of a merger. It's only a matter of who buys the assets (Which AT&T is in best position to buy).

There were people that didn't want to go to AT&T. I left those high priced fuckers and never wanted to look back.

Helvis2012
09-02-2011, 05:27 AM
in terms of competition in the market, this is probably a good thing for consumers.

Exactly...but that point seems to be incomprehensible to some.