PDA

View Full Version : Who Makes The Best Chicken Pot Pies?

Dino Velvet
02-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Man, Chicken Pot Pies! Had 4 of them tonight. From Marie Callender's and real good.

What's your favorite brand of Chicken Pot Pies?

Infern0
02-27-2011, 08:34 AM
Pukka Pies ftw

rufusmaxwell
02-27-2011, 08:39 AM
You've gotta start trying to make them yourself man, just start experimenting and go with it, the homemade chicken pot pie is just so much better than any of the store bought stuff!

Chaotic
02-27-2011, 09:53 AM
Okay, I don't know if you can get them in the US or not, but Stouffer's are awesome!
They cost a little more, but worth every penny!

a994
02-27-2011, 01:37 PM
Marie Callender's makes the best. The regular chicken and chicken-in-cheese-sauce pies are da' bomb. Swanson and Kentucky Fried Chicken make good pies also.

LibertyHarkness
02-27-2011, 01:53 PM
dino surely the best chicken pot pie is the one that makes you shit your pants like this ?

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrkThAFpTn8)

Boardwalkempire
02-27-2011, 01:56 PM
dino surely the best chicken pot pie is the one that makes you shit your pants like this ?

Liberty I just cant help but want to suck on your cock..is that bad??

LibertyHarkness
02-27-2011, 02:18 PM
hehe suck the rod of a titan

Boardwalkempire
02-27-2011, 02:26 PM
hehe suck the rod of a titan

ahhhh im drooling lol
If i am ever in Europe i am looking you up. I could eat your ass like it was free lunch lol

onmyknees
02-27-2011, 04:34 PM

Oh shit Libby...........not you too? LMAO. You just fed the fire ! lol

But seriously Dino...if you and Libby ever come east, there's a little bakery up in rural New England that makes an increbible Pot Pie. Anybody can put chicken and peas in a pie, but it's all about the crust baby !! You gotta get off those hungry man pies bro !! :dancing:

rufusmaxwell
02-27-2011, 05:55 PM

But seriously Dino...if you and Libby ever come east, there's a little bakery up in rural New England that makes an increbible Pot Pie. Anybody can put chicken and peas in a pie, but it's all about the crust baby !! You gotta get off those hungry man pies bro !! :dancing:

There's a place in Maine I can't for the life of me remember exactly where, but it is a bit of a hole in the wall and it makes amazing chicken pot pies, and yes the crust is what sets it apart from all others. I must agree it is all about the crust!

Dino Velvet
02-27-2011, 11:54 PM

I love you, Libby Harkness! If it weren't illegal in 48 states I'd make an honest woman out of you.

Two pages of pot pie talk... YUMMO!

rbiller
02-28-2011, 12:29 AM
Hope you don't have a heart attack Dino. Those things are loaded with salt. BTW, I like Stouffers.

CORVETTEDUDE
02-28-2011, 12:36 AM
Marie Callender's is the best, from a store, although they can be a little dry. On most occasions, I make my own.

underdawg
02-28-2011, 12:46 AM
I don't know about chicken pot pies, but as Soupy Sales once said, "my girl can sure make my banana cream".

Dino Velvet
02-28-2011, 12:49 AM
Marie Callender's is the best, from a store, although they can be a little dry. On most occasions, I make my own.

The crust goes all the way around so there's a lot of it. I make sure to mash and crumble it up with a spoon and mix it in good with the gravy. I also like some cracked black pepper on top.

It's chilly out in LA and some good pot pie weather.

CORVETTEDUDE
02-28-2011, 12:54 AM
The crust goes all the way around so there's a lot of it. I make sure to mash and crumble it up with a spoon and mix it in good with the gravy. I also like some cracked black pepper on top.

It's chilly out in LA and some good pot pie weather.

Dino...If it's a Chicken or Turkey Pot Pie, add a little chicken broth or soup to it. It will give it some much needed moisture. Use beef broth with the Beef version. And I always, add a grilled cheese sandwich to the meal. Great stuff on a cool day.

Dino Velvet
02-28-2011, 01:41 AM
Dino...If it's a Chicken or Turkey Pot Pie, add a little chicken broth or soup to it. It will give it some much needed moisture. Use beef broth with the Beef version. And I always, add a grilled cheese sandwich to the meal. Great stuff on a cool day.

I like the idea of having a grilled cheese with a pot pie. The way I like it I substitute the grilled cheese and have 3 more pot pies on the side instead.

Johnny O
02-28-2011, 02:50 AM
Whole Foods makes really good ones too if you can find them.
For whatever reason I can't find the Claim Jumper ones anymore at Ralphs or Albertsons.It's like Marie Callendars is the mafia and are musceling them out.:(

If anyone knows whats up with Claim Jumpers I'd like to know..thanks.

CORVETTEDUDE
02-28-2011, 04:04 AM
Whole Foods makes really good ones too if you can find them.
For whatever reason I can't find the Claim Jumper ones anymore at Ralphs or Albertsons.It's like Marie Callendars is the mafia and are musceling them out.:(

If anyone knows whats up with Claim Jumpers I'd like to know..thanks.

I thought they had been sued. Have you checked their web site?

Dino Velvet
02-28-2011, 04:36 AM

Claim Jumper's being sued?!? Love their Chicken Tenders! They also put one of the better Salisbury Steak Dinners out there.

loren
02-28-2011, 05:04 AM
I like Banquet pot pies.

Johnny O
02-28-2011, 07:24 AM

Thanks Corvettedude-
I e-mailed the peeps there and hope to get a descent answer from them soon.

Hard to talk or think about food or anything else with Dino's horrifying video avatar-eeek!!:hide-1:

Kitkat
02-28-2011, 10:06 AM

I live in New England, you must tell me where this bakery is. All this talk of pot pies has got me craving one...

CORVETTEDUDE
02-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Claim Jumper's being sued?!? Love their Chicken Tenders! They also put one of the better Salisbury Steak Dinners out there.

OK, Dino....Here's the deal. I did a little investigating and the scenario goes something like this.

Claim Jumper licensed a company known as American Pies, LLC to produce their line of frozen meals. As it turns out, American Pie, LLC is owned by Marie Callender. Claim Jumper restaurants went BK in Sept 2010 and was subsequently sold to Landry's Seafood Restaurants in October 2010 for approximately $75M, with no decision as to what would happen to the restaurants. I could not determine if the 'frozen food' part of the biz was included. Anything I found, relating to Claim Jumper Pot Pies seems to be, at least a couple years old. One indicated Wal-Mart had them. So....there it is.

Dino Velvet
03-01-2011, 12:06 AM
OK, Dino....Here's the deal. I did a little investigating and the scenario goes something like this.

Claim Jumper licensed a company known as American Pies, LLC to produce their line of frozen meals. As it turns out, American Pie, LLC is owned by Marie Callender. Claim Jumper restaurants went BK in Sept 2010 and was subsequently sold to Landry's Seafood Restaurants in October 2010 for approximately $75M, with no decision as to what would happen to the restaurants. I could not determine if the 'frozen food' part of the biz was included. Anything I found, relating to Claim Jumper Pot Pies seems to be, at least a couple years old. One indicated Wal-Mart had them. So....there it is.

I'll be going to the Ralph's today. Trust me, sir, I'll get to the bottom of this caper... then reward myself with some delicious pot pies.

Johnny O
03-01-2011, 03:05 AM
I'll be going to the Ralph's today. Trust me, sir, I'll get to the bottom of this caper... then reward myself with some delicious pot pies.

Dino, you won't find them there or at Albertsons.Only Marie Callendars and Banquet maybe Stouffers. Good luck.

Quiet Reflections
03-01-2011, 04:06 AM
homemade is the way to go

Richctdude
03-01-2011, 06:45 AM
there all pre processed garbage make you own it will be 100 time better

CORVETTEDUDE
03-01-2011, 09:17 AM
there all pre processed garbage make you own it will be 100 time better

To that statement, I atest full agreement!!! :iagree::rock2

Dino Velvet
03-01-2011, 09:35 AM
I forgot to check for Claim Jumper pot pies today when I went to the Ralph's. I was on the other side grabbing some Freschetta Pizzas (Supreme) and forgot to double back and take a look at the Claim Jumper area.

ilovetrees
03-01-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm fond of KFC's chicken pot pies, they taste really yummy if they haven't been sitting out for a while.

CORVETTEDUDE
03-01-2011, 05:58 PM
I forgot to check for Claim Jumper pot pies today when I went to the Ralph's. I was on the other side grabbing some Freschetta Pizzas (Supreme) and forgot to double back and take a look at the Claim Jumper area.

You know, my friend, you could very well be deposed as "The King of Shit" at the next board meeting, for that blatant fuck-up!!!

Paladin81
03-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Ive always been a fan of the Boston Market pies...