PDA

View Full Version : An Amazing Movie - Sunshine - quite though provoking indeed . Danny Boyle directed it

LibertyHarkness
02-11-2011, 01:51 PM
hi fuckers,

watched a mint film last week called "sunshine" by Danny Boyle, (28dayslater, Trainspotting etc) this is a film about the sun dying and they have to nuke it basically to jumpstart it back to life, create a star within a star :)

If you like films that are very visual/sound based and the plot is actually quite spiritual then I think this a great film ....i know it didnt to well in teh usa at launch as the yanks didnt really get it ..but i think its a good film so check it out ..

You need to see this movie on at least a 42" screen with no lights on and very loud surround sound .. the music is just purely stunning ..if you liked 2001/event horizon etc you will like this .

Already the music from John Murphy "surface of the sun" has been used in Kick Ass, The Walking Dead" its really an amazing piece of music .

there you go my movie buff update :)

Libby x

Miss Fagina
02-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Cillian Myrphy is the most beautiful man alive.. when hes not doing his drag characters of course.

Awesome movie also.

LibertyHarkness
02-11-2011, 03:38 PM
he was great in the breakfast on plutoe and the barly something

giovanni_hotel
02-11-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm with you 100% Liberty!!! IMO it's Boyle's best flick by far.

Modern sci-fi classic.

Miss Fagina
02-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Those eyes.. *sigh*

gmercer
02-11-2011, 09:06 PM
One of the most beautifully shot science fiction films ever.

***Spoiler***

But the last third of the movie ruins it for me when it turns into a slasher film.

MDM23
02-11-2011, 09:12 PM
It's been out for ages. As above starts off good then turns a bit shit

LibertyHarkness
02-11-2011, 09:17 PM
ending is great ,,, pinbacker is ok not the greatest playout with him ..