PDA

View Full Version : Clubbing in America

Mas
12-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Hi all,

I'm going to San Francisco next week with two friends of mine. we're very excited because it's going to be our first visit to the US ever. We do have a problem though.

One of us is 19.

We like clubbing. In Amsterdam it's not a problem to dance all night and get waisted when you're 19. But I've heard that in california, it is a problem.

can anyone tell me about door policy in california? Do they always ask for ID? Isn't there a way to get him inside a 21+ club?

Your suggestions are very much appreciated.[/b]

Mas
12-05-2005, 11:30 PM
Oh, and if someone knows a decent tranny bar/club in San Francisco, please feel free to recommend.
:lol:

Buddy Wood
12-06-2005, 01:33 AM
hate to burst ur bubble but clubing in the US sucks compared to europe...not even close...and ive been to san fran and its pretty awful even by US standards....certain clubs have 18+ nites, but on reg nites unless its a hot girl, and even then, you may as well stay home...look for the rave scene where its a younger crowd or special nites...dont keep ur hopes high...this aint amsterdamn...Damn dude. Way to bash American nightlife. San Francisco is a major metropolitan area - you can find fun. Yeah if you're under 21 it's definitely harder to find a club that's going to let you in - but there's plenty of cool clubs. And Divas (as long as it's still there) is still one of my favorite ts bars - especially on the weekends. I'll be there over the holidays myself - hunting, hoping and groping.

Buddy Wood

AllanahStarrNYC
12-06-2005, 05:32 AM
Sorry Buddy- but going out in CA SUCKS ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

with the 2 am bullshit-

the best nightclubs in the USA- nyc of course
and european clubs are better IMO

but yeah Divas is the tranny club

Buddy Wood
12-06-2005, 08:11 PM
Sorry Buddy- but going out in CA SUCKS ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

with the 2 am bullshit-

the best nightclubs in the USA- nyc of course
and european clubs are better IMO

but yeah Divas is the tranny clubAlright...I know...I know...NYC is the best. My point was it's San Francisco not Bumblefuck Alabama (no offense to anyone in Bumblefuck - I'm a big fan) so there's plenty of cool places to party. 2 a.m. does suck though - I grew up in Chicago so the 2 thing did take some getting used to. Then again I got older and 2 starts to feel like 4.

I've actually only been to NYC twice in my life Allanah and I never really had the chance to check out the nightlife fully. I plan on visiting several times this year and would love for you to show me just how much more fun it can be.

Buddy Wood

dj4monie
12-08-2005, 10:44 AM
I'll say this much from where I'm usually standing in a club... See screen name if you don't understand that.

LA/SF clubs are driven by the bar, so what.

The GG/TS's in NYC aren't any better looking, better acting and the music isn't better. If you want to base Cali action on the fact it shutsdown early okay, but there afterhours joints all over and I don't drink so that the bar is serving means nothing to me.

The problem with the American club scene are the people inside the club, not the club itself.

I'm quickly finding out the US overall is not ideal for social actitives in general.

That doesn't mean you can't have a good time however.

GrimFusion
12-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Hi all,

I'm going to San Francisco next week with two friends of mine. we're very excited because it's going to be our first visit to the US ever. We do have a problem though.

One of us is 19.

We like clubbing. In Amsterdam it's not a problem to dance all night and get waisted when you're 19. But I've heard that in california, it is a problem.

can anyone tell me about door policy in california? Do they always ask for ID? Isn't there a way to get him inside a 21+ club?

You might not run into a problem. Depends how stupid the club bouncer is. You could always claim that you have immunity to U.S. laws since you're traveling abroad and show him your German identification and passport.

If the bouncer has a brain, though, you'll definetly have a problem. I say just drop his ass of at one of those all night underage juice bars and go have fun. :wink:

DJ_Asia
12-08-2005, 03:52 PM
I too(see the name) used to DJ in Los Angeles(where I was born and raised) for a long time.I have had the good fortune of having traveled thru many parts of the world...
L.A.,Miami,NY,London,Most of the Carribean,Thailand,Brazil,Cancun,Hong Kong,Singapore...etc..etc...

US clubs are the worst! The closing hours in Ca. are stoopid,and as somebody else mentioned,the Americans in general lack a certain fundamental ability to be really wild,anytime anywhere and just fuckin party!

I attended a gay/les/TS club in Sao Paulo Brasil earlier this year.The dj was spinning shit like CC Music Factory and house mixes of Linkin Park..the music was lame!..but then the DJ stopped and a live band took the stage...playing cover tunes of Guns and Roses!It went from bad to horrible!
The amazing part of this story is the fact that the place was slammed balls to walls w/ hot young people...and everyone of them was having the time of their lives...totally outta control.
Having DJd for many years I am prone to being a DJ critic when I go to a club,so you can imagine how shocked I was to see the people not only refraining from killing the DJ,but actually having a great time.I turned to my Brasilian friend and told him that a club like this would never...and I mean never, work in America.He kinda laughed and said "thats the difference between Americans and Brasilians...we dont give a fuck,we just want to have fun no matter what!"

I will agree w/ Allanah though if you do want to find a good club,NY is your best bet.

Enjoy your stay in America.

DJ Asia

www.worldwideshemale.com

Perverted Monk
12-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Hi all,

One of us is 19.

Since your from Amsterdam, I know that they are very liberal with laws regarding smokable plants.

If this is your fancy, just know that Northern Cal. produces the finest green in the U.S.

Thats one thing to look forward to 8)

dj4monie
12-08-2005, 07:41 PM
I too(see the name) used to DJ in Los Angeles(where I was born and raised) for a long time.I have had the good fortune of having traveled thru many parts of the world...
L.A.,Miami,NY,London,Most of the Carribean,Thailand,Brazil,Cancun,Hong Kong,Singapore...etc..etc...

US clubs are the worst! The closing hours in Ca. are stoopid,and as somebody else mentioned,the Americans in general lack a certain fundamental ability to be really wild,anytime anywhere and just fuckin party!

I attended a gay/les/TS club in Sao Paulo Brasil earlier this year.The dj was spinning shit like CC Music Factory and house mixes of Linkin Park..the music was lame!..but then the DJ stopped and a live band took the stage...playing cover tunes of Guns and Roses!It went from bad to horrible!
The amazing part of this story is the fact that the place was slammed balls to walls w/ hot young people...and everyone of them was having the time of their lives...totally outta control.
Having DJd for many years I am prone to being a DJ critic when I go to a club,so you can imagine how shocked I was to see the people not only refraining from killing the DJ,but actually having a great time.I turned to my Brasilian friend and told him that a club like this would never...and I mean never, work in America.He kinda laughed and said "thats the difference between Americans and Brasilians...we dont give a fuck,we just want to have fun no matter what!"

I will agree w/ Allanah though if you do want to find a good club,NY is your best bet.

Enjoy your stay in America.

DJ Asia

www.worldwideshemale.com

Give me some dap playa....

I got some intel from my SP Brasilan insider and man, they are about 6 months to a year behind in popular music. Depending on when you went it doesn't suprise me that people were still playing C& C Music Factory as the main floor filler.

I am a big time DJ Critic as I'm sure other DJ's are as well. We pick up every dayum mistake they make and I'm always shocked when nobody else even hears it! The only thing the crowd notices is a record skipping more than once, maybe and if the music stops.

You are totally on point, AW are uptight about sex and contact, making men uptight and guess who North American T's copy? American Women...

Its a sorted mess. I'm officially crossing most of the US off my social actitivies list, the women act better in Canada, so not all is lost if you want to stay somewhat close to home.

iloveshemales77
01-27-2007, 09:27 PM
ok...gonna my 2 cents worth here. Been around a bit, and as far as TS clubbing is concerned the places to go are Barcelona, London, Amsterdam, Hamburg and Berlin in that order. Shit, even Moscow has its share of gorgeous TS's and fab clubs! Haven't been to South America tho.
The US clubs are pretty dire in comparison, other than the NY venues. Peanuts, Diva's etc. (seedy, 10 Johns for every passable girl) suck big time in comparison to the European clubs. They are often full of gorgeous TS's who know how to party. The venues might be just one off nites with clubs hosting a TS/Gay/Bi... or "ohhh what the heck all are welcome Bi, gay or s8" thang. And...you are usually allowed to smoke, ehhmm... pretty much whatever you want to there..;-)

peggygee
01-27-2007, 10:23 PM
As an older but still hot woman http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/afro-caribbean-women-1.gif, I'm sorry that I can't help, "cause I don't get
around much anymore" as Ellington would say.

I don't smoke, drink or drug, and if I am out in a club,
it will most likely be a jazz club with a mixed crowd.
And I will be headed for bed before to sleep before to long.http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/hairrollersredux.jpg

Having said that I have been to many of the cities
and places listed and back in the day and even now
I think the party may depend on the folks there and
the night in question.

Though as a native New Yorker, I tend to feel that it
has a very vibrant night life.

But any of the 'world class cities listed still rock. :rock2

Sorry, Bumblefuck Alabama :roll:

Dasnasdi
01-27-2007, 10:54 PM
When Club Paree was open in San Fran, it was a must visit place. Totally nude, T-girls on Tuesday night, and since they did not serve alcohol they did not close at 2AM.

Last I knew they had been closed for about two months to remodel. I don't know if they've reopened yet, but if I were going to SF, I would definitely check.

Xenicity
01-27-2007, 10:58 PM
Everyone is rightfully panning US clubs. I'm headed for A'dam - what are the hot tgurl clubs in Adam?

Xenicity

iloveshemales77
01-27-2007, 11:14 PM
try "Lellebel" or check out the hookers in "blodestraat" in the red light district. You can always ask them where they hang out after work. Or check the local club guide, a lot of st8 clubs hare frequented by TS's...pot luck really...

nyctraveler
01-28-2007, 06:14 AM
Hi all,

One of us is 19.

tasteless club scene:

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/bryanbaskin/clubbing.html

sorry, couldn't resist :)

atkms7
01-28-2007, 08:39 AM
u can always just go to a rave, no booze...but tonz of other stuff ;) and they're pretty popular in san franicso, just kinda underground, so theres always the chance of them getting busted or broken up.