PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Perry's For Colored Girls

dskreet2
11-12-2010, 05:32 AM
I have to abmit the movie "For Colored Girls" was pretty good. I enjoyed the acting and writing outside of Woopie's character. It was not a full chick-flick as I was told. Only the male police officer had a positive male role in the movie. Felicia Rashad, Thandie Newton Anika Noni Rose were awesome in their roles!!! New York looked good too!

A good movie to see when its not crowded and people making comments aloud to get a laugh or something!

SunshyneMonroe
11-12-2010, 05:57 AM
blk is wack?...

rockabilly
11-12-2010, 06:04 AM
blk is wack?...

Sunshyne was racist even as a baby. :p

SunshyneMonroe
11-12-2010, 06:08 AM
lol shut up rock lol no i went and seen it with my bf it was good but would have been better if all the ghetto blk ppl was not all sceaming and crackin up on the floor...sellin drugs and givin food stamps 4 crack..

SunshyneMonroe
11-12-2010, 06:09 AM
when he killed them babys i was DONE!!!

AllanahStarrNYC
11-12-2010, 06:14 AM
its was pretty good... although it kinda was like a long ass poem.. but still good.

That is because the original play is writen as a series of collective poems.
I read it when I was in high school and it's an amazing piece.
Looking forward to seeing the film.

rockabilly
11-12-2010, 06:16 AM
Well ... If they gettin crack then they're not "giving" them away.

It's bartering ... or trade.

Instrumental
11-12-2010, 07:16 AM
lmao. My father saw that tonight with his girlfriend and was telling me about it. Said it was basically the worst film he's ever seen. And I quote "a disgrace to niggas the world over". Other memorable quotes from the conversation were: "Tyler Perry should be publically executed on CNN for that garbage" "If white people saw that they'd think they were right all along and should have kept our asses enslaved". Of course that's all in jest but he really hated the film and honestly thinks the film makes black people look like a bunch of clowns. From the scenes he was telling me about it seems like a very terribly written film. Also one that has hilarious levels of man hating.

giovanni_hotel
11-12-2010, 07:36 AM
I hate Tyler Perry. Bastard.

keepingitreal470
11-12-2010, 08:42 AM
lmao. My father saw that tonight with his girlfriend and was telling me about it. Said it was basically the worst film he's ever seen. And I quote "a disgrace to niggas the world over". Other memorable quotes from the conversation were: "Tyler Perry should be publically executed on CNN for that garbage" "If white people saw that they'd think they were right all along and should have kept our asses enslaved". Of course that's all in jest but he really hated the film and honestly thinks the film makes black people look like a bunch of clowns. From the scenes he was telling me about it seems like a very terribly written film. Also one that has hilarious levels of man hating.All so very true. The OP of this thread obviously doesn't know much about the original piece that was performed on broadway and won several awards. I personally know a woman who won a Tony for this play years ago on broadway. I've worked with her as well. Tyler made a mistake in thinking he could translate this onto the screen. Some plays basically should be left as plays and no more. This is an extremely difficult piece to bring to film. These women have zero identity on screen. Tyler should have known better and thats why all the major periodicals that review film have ripped his ass apart on this. The Hollywood Reporter review is scathing! Totally shreads him. But there are very good individual performances from Rashad and Thandie Newton. And thats only because these women are at the top of the profession. Both extremely talented. Their talent overcomes all the flaws of Perry's direction.

AllanahStarrNYC
11-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Maybe it was very difficult, especially for Tyler Perry who is not a dramatic film maker, to develop this which is a highly intense and dramatic choreopoem that deals with very powerful issue into a film without losing it's effectiveness.
I will check it out just to see. Maybe people who are going to this are expecting a typical Tyler Perry film? I mean I like a good laugh like anyone else, but some of the dramatic scenes played in some of this other films have induced laughter to say the least. This at least has a stellar cast.

princevince89
11-12-2010, 01:42 PM
I just find it funny that somebody who constantly sterotypes black people comes out with a movie like this. I'm actually suprised you guys liked it I heard it was really melodramatic

Legend
11-12-2010, 03:14 PM
YouTube - Typical Tyler Perry Plotlines (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRfDgnapUAw)

rockabilly
11-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Bring on "Big Momma's House 3D".

blackrob
11-14-2010, 04:32 PM
lol shut up rock lol no i went and seen it with my bf it was good but would have been better if all the ghetto blk ppl was not all sceaming and crackin up on the floor...sellin drugs and givin food stamps 4 crack..

Youre becomming a really annoying little piece of shit in here!!