PDA

View Full Version : Wow I really have to cosign this

tsparisangelline
11-02-2010, 12:02 PM
http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20100921/11573211096/state-ags-now-targeting-backpage-after-forcing-craigslist-to-stop-helping-them-pursue-lawbreakers.shtml

The issue really is underage prostitution, so why do they attack the companies that help them?

BellaBellucci
11-02-2010, 06:36 PM
A comment from that article:

Valkor, Sep 22nd, 2010 @ 12:09pm
From Reason.com:
Backpage told the AGs that they were engaged in a legal activity, and the AGs could piss up a rope.

I'm surprised Craigs didn't do this. They're a HUGE company with the means to end this once and for all. I for one, HATE wimps. Just ask my last boyfriend.

~BB~

hippifried
11-02-2010, 08:51 PM
A comment from that article:

I'm surprised Craigs didn't do this. They're a HUGE company with the means to end this once and for all. I for one, HATE wimps. Just ask my last boyfriend.

~BB~
Backpage is bigger than Craigslist & predates the internet. They have a lot more clout & the Voice has banks of lawyers on retainer that have been fighting off BS suits for decades. They don't cow easily. Craigslist is a relative newcomer & internet only. They don't have the experience of an actual full service media outlet to deal with all the pressure brought to bear by the power hungry within the general bureaucracy. It can be daunting. The Voice will give equal credence to long term principle & the financial recomendations of the bean counters.

BellaBellucci
11-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Backpage is bigger than Craigslist & predates the internet. They have a lot more clout & the Voice has banks of lawyers on retainer that have been fighting off BS suits for decades. They don't cow easily. Craigslist is a relative newcomer & internet only. They don't have the experience of an actual full service media outlet to deal with all the pressure brought to bear by the power hungry within the general bureaucracy. It can be daunting. The Voice will give equal credence to long term principle & the financial recomendations of the bean counters.

Well good, because prostitution should be legal anyway.

~BB~

hippifried
11-02-2010, 08:59 PM
All voluntary recreation should be legal.