PDA

View Full Version : Kobe says he can beat LeBron 1 on 1!

Silcc69
10-07-2010, 01:18 PM
I know there is a sports forum on here but it's like a ghost town in there, hence why I had to post this in here.

YouTube - Kobe Bryant says he'd beat Lebron James in a 1 on 1- "I'd do that in my sleep" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnDrm8YPSBE&feature=player_embedded)

Please David Stern (yeah right) or Nike (yeah right) make this happen.

CORVETTEDUDE
10-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Let's Pay-per-View it, get the odds makers involved and see what happens. I think I could retire on the winnings!

Star Angel 86
10-07-2010, 08:48 PM
I'd would think so Kobe is a much better shooter than LeBron.

FIRSTTIMER
10-07-2010, 10:01 PM
LeBron would get.........SCHOOLED!

Kobe would kill him at any yard.

Star Angel 86
10-07-2010, 10:12 PM

My thinking exactly.:cheers::cool:

drock
10-08-2010, 01:59 AM

You're on crack!

Lebron would dominate Kobe Bryant from Jump.

A good big man always beats a good small man.

Lebron's bigger, faster, stronger, jumps higher, and has more physical attributes than Kobe.

How's Kobe Bryant going to post up Lebron James one on one? For any of you know anything about Basketball, which yall obviously don't, it's a physical nightmare for Kobe Bryrant to guard Lebron James.. He lacks the size or power to keep Lebron James from basically just backing him down under the goal and slam dunking on him on every possession!

And another thing is Kobe Bryant has gotten slower and he was never the physical speciman that Lebron is.

drock
10-08-2010, 02:00 AM
My thinking exactly.:cheers::cool:

Your thinking is just as flawed as his was.

Gthoma2a
10-08-2010, 02:05 AM
Lebron is the most overhyped player ever. He has done nothing to solidify his success, he has acted like a child multiple times and Kobe is the closest thing the league has to a modern Jordan... I don't see how Lebron could be considered better. The only chance he has is to get extremely physical and make it a fight rather than a game of pure skill.

drock
10-08-2010, 02:23 AM
All you clowns don't know shit about basketball.. Kobe might be the closest thing to MJ, but Lebron's an entirely different player..

Lebron James, is basically a Majic Johnson with far more athelecism than Kobe and MJ combined. lol.

drock
10-08-2010, 02:25 AM
And Lebron can play more positions on the court than Kobe can.. Lebron can dominate playing positions 1 through 4, and with Kobe you basically have nothing but a shooting guard.

Gthoma2a
10-08-2010, 02:29 AM
How many rings has he got? He isn't as great as Kobe IMO. I am not going to insult you for your differing opinion, but I certainly don't agree to it just because of your will to talk more. Kobe scores points and makes the players around him better. Lebron makes the players around him pass it to him... a lot! Different, but I think Kobe is the more talented player and he has the long career and rings to add some more weight to my side.

diablito
10-08-2010, 02:35 AM
All you clowns don't know shit about basketball.. Kobe might be the closest thing to MJ, but Lebron's an entirely different player..

Lebron James, is basically a Majic Johnson with far more athleticism than Kobe and MJ combined. lol.

hit the nail on the head... Bron Bron is by far the more athletic individual... now, since his success is measured in rings... and Bryant has had twice the chances to obtain his first-o-rings... give Lebron the same amount of years... actually, he'll start collecting THIS season.

1v1... Lebron would crush Byant

drock
10-08-2010, 02:39 AM
How many rings has he got? He isn't as great as Kobe IMO. I am not going to insult you for your differing opinion, but I certainly don't agree to it just because of your will to talk more. Kobe scores points and makes the players around him better. Lebron makes the players around him pass it to him... a lot! Different, but I think Kobe is the more talented player and he has the long career and rings to add some more weight to my side.

Awe the old senseless ring theory.. That shit is so overrated, and can't be used as a measuring stick of ones ability.. Dereck Fisher has just as many rings as Kobe, and hell we all know damn well he ain't even no top echelon point guard.

If that was the case then why were the Lakers on of the worst teams in the West after Shaq left, and Kobe was always whinning and crying about wanting to be traded??? The Lakers sucked ass and stunk up the Staples Center for a while until, Andrew Bynum started to come of age, and the Lakers got Paul Gasoul on the roster and a few more key role players..

Kobe's more of a ball hog, that the offense needs to feed though him to score points.. Lebron can have a MPV season without really scoring because he actually does make players around him better.

Gthoma2a
10-08-2010, 02:40 AM
Kobe is not a ball hog. Lebron James gets the MVP because they know he isn't going to win the ring, so they may as well give him something to make his shoe deal and the publicity they give him make sense.

drock
10-08-2010, 02:41 AM
hit the nail on the head... Bron Bron is by far the more athletic individual... now, since his success is measured in rings... and Bryant has had twice the chances to obtain his first-o-rings... give Lebron the same amount of years... actually, he'll start collecting THIS season.

1v1... Lebron would crush Byant

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:, You're spot on man.. Lebron would crush Kobe one on one, and I think Kobe Bryant knows better than to even step his frail skinny ass on the court with Lebron..

drock
10-08-2010, 02:41 AM
Kobe is not a ball hog. Lebron James gets the MVP because they know he isn't going to win the ring, so they may as well give him something to make his shoe deal and the publicity they give him make sense.

Dude stay in the bathroom putting moose in your hair and taking camera phone pics of yourself, cause you don't know a dayum thing about B ball..

Gthoma2a
10-08-2010, 02:42 AM
Oh, the old "next year" argument... priceless.

hornybastard
10-08-2010, 02:42 AM
kobe got 7 years on lebron which helps with the rings issue. also kobe's had a great supporting cast each time, lebron not so much.
lebron would dominate kobe 1 on 1. kobe is amazing don't get me wrong but he's a bit older and slower. lebron would just take it to the hole each time no problem.
also kobes already starting to answer the question before the reporter even mentions lebrons name.

diablito
10-08-2010, 02:44 AM

Easy to say when all Kobe/Laker teams were so stacked... I think you have it backwards though... his teams have made HIM better. But Kobe with the mutts Lebron had... West, cripple Shaq, Varejao, Williams, Jamison... sorry, but I believe Kobe would not have won 60+ games with those clowns!! much less 5 rings.

drock
10-08-2010, 02:46 AM
True that.. It's been Lebron and the nobody's since he's been in the League..

People fail to relaize that it doesn't matter how great one player is, he's not going to put an entire team of duds on his back and win the championship, although Lebron James almost did that..

Even the great Micheal Jordan didn't do shit in Chicago until he got another NBA great top 50 player in Scottie Pipen, and some damn good supporting cast around him..

Gthoma2a
10-08-2010, 02:48 AM
Revisionist history would be interesting. Putting Jordan on an ordinary team would be interesting too, but the league will remember Kobe as Brady with Peyton's numbers, but Lebron is looking more like Marino so far. I am not going to go on with all this stuff, but Lebron gets his ass kissed when he hasn't been to the promised land and looked like he just gave up on his team a couple of times. For the record he is a great player, but I question his heart, his head, and Kobe is beyond those questions.

Silcc69
10-08-2010, 02:48 AM
i'm pretty sure LeBron was good for 30-40 wins for that team. If you take away Kobe the second best player is Gasol and the Lakers are still a solid team without Kobe. The second best player on the Cavs I guess it was Mo Williams lol wow.

drock
10-08-2010, 02:49 AM
Easy to say when all Kobe/Laker teams were so stacked... I think you have it backwards though... his teams have made HIM better. But Kobe with the mutts Lebron had... West, cripple Shaq, Varejao, Williams, Jamison... sorry, but I believe Kobe would not have won 60+ games with those clowns!! much less 5 rings.

Oh you're spot on again.. People don't wanna admit it, but even Michael Jordan had a pretty stacked squad when they started winning all those championships..

If you look at any dynasty, you'll find they're all stacked.. Look at the teams Larry Bird played on, and the teams Majic Johnson played on.. Check those rosters out, those were some deep stacked teams....

diablito
Oh, the old "next year" argument... priceless.

actually its the old "THIS YEAR" argument... LOL... but what are people going to say when Bron wins a ring... "oh, its OOOOOOONLY his first"... "4 more to catch Bryant"... lets see how this season plays out... no pun

Star Angel 86
Your thinking is just as flawed as his was.

I'm sticking by what I said.:cool:

drock
10-08-2010, 02:51 AM
I'm sticking by what I said.:cool:

Which proves it's the blind following the blind.. :)

diablito
10-08-2010, 02:56 AM
Revisionist history would be interesting. Putting Jordan on an ordinary team would be interesting too, but the league will remember Kobe as Brady with Peyton's numbers, but Lebron is looking more like Marino so far. I am not going to go on with all this stuff, but Lebron gets his ass kissed when he hasn't been to the promised land and looked like he just gave up on his team a couple of times. For the record he is a great player, but I question his heart, his head, and Kobe is beyond those questions.

easy... I love my FINS!! LOL... no giving up this year... WHY you ask, b/c he doesn't have to do all the heavy lifting... feeling tired, not enough sleep last night Bron... have a seat and let Wade light it up... fuck, Wade and Bron both partied too hard last night... Bosch, drain 30 and lead your team... any way you mix it there are plenty of supporting cast members to help obtain a W.

Please agree with that?!?!

Star Angel 86
10-08-2010, 03:00 AM
Which proves it's the blind following the blind.. :)

You have your opinion I have mine.8)

I do agree with you on the ring thing however because in the Bill Russell had 11 rings in 13 years Wilt Chamberlain was the better player though.:cheers:

Gthoma2a
10-08-2010, 03:00 AM
I will agree that with this team, they are formidable as hell and it is going to have me nervous this year, but I don't want my Lakers to lose and I want Kobe pulling the trigger at the end of the game instead of Lebron if I had them both on my team. Like I say, the Heat are stacked (I know this, but that isn't all to me). Lebron will certainly be fresh and he is just one of three big weapons there, so I get your point. I respect the team's ability, but as a Laker fan, I refuse to give in to any competition. It will be war when it happens and I hope Kobe is lifting number six at the end of that night, reigning supreme as "His Clutchness."

goku
10-08-2010, 03:27 AM
This is the dumbest post in the world. Lebron James is the best all around player in basketball. He consistently has a better shooting percentage than Kobe, grabs more boards, and hands out more assists. He does all this while drawing a double and triple team night in and night out.

Kobe's leaping ability has diminished. He is relegated to jump shots, and fade-aways these days. If those two played one on one, Kobe would have to outsmart Lebron to beat him, where as Bron would just physically overwhelm Kobe.

Some of yall have Kobe on this pedestal he doesn't deserve. Let's compare numbers between the two.

Kobe....................................Lebron

points.........25.3...................27.8
shooting.......45%..................47%
3 point.........34%..................32%
boards.........5.3....................7.0
assists.........4.7...................7.0

Whoever told you guys that Kobe was SOOO much better a shooter than Bron was lying to you. Kobe is statistically worse in every category except 3 point %, which he is just barely better than.

Gthoma2a
10-08-2010, 03:29 AM
Different positions. Kobe is the guy who is clutch in games, James is the guy who quit before. Kobe at least gave it everything in his body to win.

hornybastard
10-08-2010, 03:36 AM
lebron didn't quit, he had the celtics defense draped all over him and his team mates were not clutch players at all.

Silcc69
10-08-2010, 03:49 AM
Different positions. Kobe is the guy who is clutch in games, James is the guy who quit before. Kobe at least gave it everything in his body to win.

2004 Kobe shot the Lakers out of championship series against the PIstons.

FIRSTTIMER
10-08-2010, 04:08 AM

Lebron James, is basically a Majic Johnson with far more athelecism than Kobe and MJ combined. lol.
OK,now this might seem like I a contradicting myself here but I agree that LeBron is athletic and a physical freak but that is not all there is.Knowing your opponent and knowing his weaknesses before even playing him is a big key factor.Knowing how to MIND FUCK him without him knowing is another big factor.LeBron doesn't have that.Kobe does.

Now is LeBron like Magic in the sense of physicality and athleticism,yeah.But unlike Magic he doesn't know how to play the mind game.There was no one better with the basketball in his hand than Magic.

And Lebron can play more positions on the court than Kobe can.. Lebron can dominate playing positions 1 through 4, and with Kobe you basically have nothing but a shooting guard.
Sure LeBron can play more positions than Kobe but at the same time Magic played more positions than Jordan.Jordan coudn't play center like Magic did when Kareem was out.

Oh you're spot on again.. People don't wanna admit it, but even Michael Jordan had a pretty stacked squad when they started winning all those championships..

If you look at any dynasty, you'll find they're all stacked.. Look at the teams Larry Bird played on, and the teams Majic Johnson played on.. Check those rosters out, those were some deep stacked teams....
Well so far it looks like LeBron still doesn't have a ring.You say that LeBron did it without a stacked squad but right now it looks like he didn't.He went somewhere where it is a begining to be a stacked squad.They will not win a championship this year and if they don't in the next 5 that is a HUGE FAIL.

goku
10-08-2010, 04:39 AM
LOL.............

Kobe has never won anything without ridiculous all star type players around him. Here are the seasons he didn't have one, with their records.

2007 42-40
2006 45-37
2005 34-48

Bron took a chump squad to the NBA finals. Has Kobe ever done that? Quit regurgitating sportscenter reporters.

sdman
10-08-2010, 05:28 AM
Lebrons a much better player than Kobe and would easily beat him all over the court. Kobe is not a good match for Lebron at all.

CORVETTEDUDE
10-08-2010, 06:35 AM
See, I told ya!!!! Pay-per-View it!!!

scubaman
10-08-2010, 06:35 AM
I will agree that with this team, they are formidable as hell and it is going to have me nervous this year, but I don't want my Lakers to lose and I want Kobe pulling the trigger at the end of the game instead of Lebron if I had them both on my team. Like I say, the Heat are stacked (I know this, but that isn't all to me). Lebron will certainly be fresh and he is just one of three big weapons there, so I get your point. I respect the team's ability, but as a Laker fan, I refuse to give in to any competition. It will be war when it happens and I hope Kobe is lifting number six at the end of that night, reigning supreme as "His Clutchness."

What did Kobe "His Clutchness" do in the pivotal game 7 against the Celtics? He was 6-24 from the field. I wouldn't call that clutch.

sugdaddie69
10-08-2010, 03:16 PM
lebron didn't quit, he had the celtics defense draped all over him and his team mates were not clutch players at all.

He Quit!!!!---walking down court with his head down and a attitude of indifference!!!

diablito
10-08-2010, 06:57 PM

Holding HEAT season tix for the past 12 yrs I consider myself a decent fan... Watching the HEAT defeat the odds and take ring after NO ONE believed in them makes me a homer... Seeing these guys at "closed" practices and watching the preseason home opener makes me believe Bron might not be getting the majority of the "last game shots"... that honor still goes to WADE... who does have a ring and out score both Kobe and Bron 2 seasons ago... Bosch has such a pretty and fluid shot... and all of a sudden Chalmers is draining shots... this was a clown this no right in the NBA and now he's getting WIDE open looks AND making them... we also have alot of young talent on the bench which I imagine will receive substantial court time when we're leading teams by 30 at the break... its going to be a crazy season...