PDA

View Full Version : Please Remember

Brideshead
11-20-2005, 07:25 PM
Today is Transgender Rememberance Day. Please take a moment today to remember those who lost their lives because of intorlerance.

Etemal rest grant to them O Lord, and may the Perpetual Light shine upon them.

Ecstatic
11-20-2005, 07:31 PM
Thank you for the reminder, Brideshead. I just lit candles in remembrance. For more info:

http://www.gender.org/remember/day/

http://www.gender.org/remember/day/who.html

http://www.gender.org/remember/day/how.html

MacShreach
11-20-2005, 07:39 PM
Thank you for the reminder, Brideshead. I just lit candles in remembrance. For more info:

http://www.gender.org/remember/day/

http://www.gender.org/remember/day/who.html

http://www.gender.org/remember/day/how.html

And I thank too. Just did three minutes' silent contemplation.

That's kind of thrown me a bit, I'll drop by again later.

Castor_Troy05
11-20-2005, 07:42 PM
I'm unable to forget this day as it falls on my birthday.

RIP

MacShreach
11-20-2005, 07:56 PM
Today is Transgender Rememberance Day. Please take a moment today to remember those who lost their lives because of intorlerance.

Etemal rest grant to them O Lord, and may the Perpetual Light shine upon them.

Bump

chefmike
11-20-2005, 08:06 PM
ill remember it and try and do something positive for the cause in this fucked up world we live in...no need for mention of the fuckin lord though, we all know we dont share the view that there is one, why drag his ass in here???

Because he's a pompous ass, J.

Brideshead
11-20-2005, 08:08 PM
ill remember it and try and do something positive for the cause in this fucked up world we live in...no need for mention of the fuckin lord though, we all know we dont share the view that there is one, why drag his ass in here???

I am a catholic,and I'm very proud to be so. I was remembering them in my way. You are entitled to remember this day in your way. I respect your freedom to believe or not believe. You can at least be tolerant of my beliefs.

Brideshead
11-20-2005, 08:09 PM

Because he's a pompous ass, J.

Why are you desecrating this memorial? Can you put aside your ego to remember the dead? I wish you peace.

Brideshead
11-20-2005, 08:23 PM
they all are chef;) ok, lets play it that way..u are a proud catholic, im a proud atheist, u do it ur way then i do it mine:

please remember the victims of trans violence and dont ever forget that its fucking religious intolerance that started with this asshole jesus, on through this fuckin mohamad and been perpetuated by every fucking madman pope through out history....these vicious fuckin bastards who had the ear of many never once took the time to make the world a better place for gays or transgendered folk, we therefore remember thier shortened lives today in great part due to this bullshit called religion, so fuck the lord, fuck every person throught out history who has been in a position of power with regards to religion, and lastly, fuck every asshole who tolerates religion and thus allows this atmosphere of hate to go on...

please respect my deeply held beliefs with reference to this touchy matter...thank u all for ur tolerance...

peace (tolerance is so fun)

Whatever your belief or disbelief, I wish you peace.

chefmike
11-20-2005, 08:24 PM
they all are chef;) ok, lets play it that way..u are a proud catholic, im a proud atheist, u do it ur way then i do it mine:

please remember the victims of trans violence and dont ever forget that its fucking religious intolerance that started with this asshole jesus, on through this fuckin mohamad and been perpetuated by every fucking madman pope through out history....these vicious fuckin bastards who had the ear of many never once took the time to make the world a better place for gays or transgendered folk, we therefore remember thier shortened lives today in great part due to this bullshit called religion, so fuck the lord, fuck every person throught out history who has been in a position of power with regards to religion, and lastly, fuck every asshole who tolerates religion and thus allows this atmosphere of hate to go on...

please respect my deeply held beliefs with reference to this touchy matter...thank u all for ur tolerance...

you forgot to say amen...

Brideshead
11-20-2005, 08:25 PM

you forgot to say amen...

I wasn't addressing God.

Brideshead
11-20-2005, 08:29 PM
J and chefmike. This thread is about remembering the dead, and not about discussing theology. Let all of us put aside our egos today, and practice tolerance.

MacShreach
11-20-2005, 08:40 PM
bump

Brideshead
11-20-2005, 09:05 PM
i wasnt preaching anything....u did it ur way i do it mine, except urs actually does nothing but makes u look silly for talking about something u dont know like the lord and judging, whereas mine is positive and implores people to think ahead and actually make positive change..see urs discusses it, mine is real;)

I wish you peace.

Brideshead
11-20-2005, 09:24 PM
I started this thread to remind people of this special day, and I have allow myself to become distracted from its purpose. To those who have lost someone to this violent expression of intolerance, I ask your pardon, and I like to write that those who have fallen will not be forgotten.

MacShreach
11-20-2005, 09:27 PM
I started this thread to remind people of this special day, and I have allow myself to become distracted from its purpose. To those who have lost someone to this violent expression of intolerance, I ask your pardon, and I like to write that those who have fallen will not be forgotten.

seconded

Castor_Troy05
11-20-2005, 09:30 PM
I find it horribly hypocritical that you are asking him to respect your beliefs while, at the same time, you are belittling his.

Brideshead
11-20-2005, 09:35 PM
I find it horribly hypocritical that you are asking him to respect your beliefs while, at the same time, you are belittling his.

Who are you refering to?

Castor_Troy05
11-20-2005, 09:49 PM
I should've been more clear, I am referring to J

gaiseric
11-20-2005, 11:44 PM
I have to agree with Brideshead and Castor_Troy05 on this topic. We should remember those who have been the victims of violence purely because of their sexuality. This is not the day to become involved in an arguement about whose 'religious' beliefs are right or wrong. That arguement can never be resolved on a forum such as this.
Remembering today is a very personal issue for me as I have recently started a relationship with a TS who does a lot of travelling. It is often difficult to contact her and I have nightmares about her being found in a back alley somewhere. She's a sensible girl but I still worry.
I would therefore suggest that on today of all days, if you can't post something on this topic without having a go at someone else, maybe you should not post at all but have your own private moment of silent reflection.