View Full Version : Twitter or Facebook like them or hate them?

bat1
09-21-2010, 02:15 PM
Seems like all the action is there

pick one and have fun:geek:

www.twitter.com

or www.Facebook.com

Coroner
09-21-2010, 02:38 PM
I don´t know what´s there to hate or like about Facebook unless you´re dumb enough to reveal a part of your private life online. Twitter however is completely redundant.

jefferson1776
09-21-2010, 02:43 PM
I never visited Twitter in my life, but I am a Facebook Addict, its like heroin.

Richctdude
09-21-2010, 03:06 PM
facebooks cool twitters is a waste of time

bte
09-21-2010, 05:36 PM
I remembered when Facebook used to be available only to college students. Now its seems like everyone has a Facebook, except me. I am not really a fan of social networking, considering that every time I create a profile on either Myspace or Facebook, old girlfriends come out the woodwork. Trying to avoid them, and joining those sites would be counterproductive.

I think Twitter just a waste of time. I could really careless what a celebrity is doing at the moment. Twitter is just something that make people seem like they are important and matter.

JP Ewing
09-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Facebook has been a great way for me to keep in touch with people I don't normally have a chance to talk to, and to let people know what's going on with me. I do wish I could opt out permanently from all of the Facebook game posts that get put up.

Amsterdamage
09-21-2010, 06:22 PM
wow..some serious generalizing going on here. i'm on both facebook and twitter but unlike most here i use twitter much more, and am hardly on facebook. i think twitter is a great way to read/send/exchange interesting news and facts or just get something off ur chest. plus i'm in music so it's a great way to know follow new and upcoming releases and collabos.
and no i'm not talking about celeb shit, i dont follow any of those, altho i must say some of them do have quite hilarious tweets!

to me, FACEBOOK is the waste of time....

Coroner
09-21-2010, 06:54 PM
Myspace is still the better choice to promote your music and kept updated.

tsdvdman
09-21-2010, 08:39 PM
How can you tell who checked out your FB page? Can you do that?

south ov da border
09-22-2010, 04:05 AM
Facebook just b/c of family and friends...

Sparky Snakeden
09-22-2010, 04:13 AM
facebook disabled my account yesterday so i just started a new one, will see how long that one last, twitter is good but can't do as much on it and myspace blocks links

Willie Escalade
09-22-2010, 10:14 AM
I use 'em both...although I'm pretty selective with who I add...

TsVanessa69
09-22-2010, 10:18 AM
I just joined facebook yesyetday.
Not as vanessa though
but my real family and that like to keep up!

TsVanessa69
09-22-2010, 10:25 AM
wow..some serious generalizing going on here. i'm on both facebook and twitter but unlike most here i use twitter much more, and am hardly on facebook. i think twitter is a great way to read/send/exchange interesting news and facts or just get something off ur chest. plus i'm in music so it's a great way to know follow new and upcoming releases and collabos.
and no i'm not talking about celeb shit, i dont follow any of those, altho i must say some of them do have quite hilarious tweets!

to me, FACEBOOK is the waste of time....
I like both
for different reasons.
Facebook is good for networking and booking shows for me. As well as see stuff in my sisters and my 8 neices and nephews, as well as expose my family to my life a little.
twitter i use alot sometimes
just share thoughts or OMG moments. Also good for networking as well.

Fitz1600
09-22-2010, 01:14 PM
I prefer Myspace because of the ability to review and share music.

LibertyHarkness
09-22-2010, 01:52 PM
i just use twitter and myspace periodically. facebook is just a waste of time as they ban you for anything ..

john69
09-24-2010, 06:17 PM
I Like F/B. it's Twitter somewhat difficult for me because I do not know English very well, and somewhat difficult, compared to Facebook when I can get back into Greek.

KimberlyBanxxx
09-24-2010, 06:20 PM
i use both,
used fb since omg, 05/06...
to keep up w/ friends/family...etc...nothing professional, or nothing like that..

lifesduality
09-24-2010, 07:50 PM
ive never used twitter. I use facebook to keep in touch with family and friends, i check it a few times a week. i almost deleted my account until i figured out hoe to block all the posts that were sent to me constantly about who did what on which game .

Amsterdamage
09-24-2010, 08:00 PM
twitter i use alot sometimes

so, what, a lot? or sometimes? lol

besides from being to lazy/uninterested to invest much time and effort into facebook, i don't trust em. i think facebook is becoming more and more dangerous, security and privacy wise. just like foursquare n stuff.
nah, not for me.

twitter is GREAT as a real time and alternative news source btw. especially when you don't believe most of the mainstream news, like me

tsparisangelline
09-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Ehhh, I use it for business.

To many old people on there nowadays to be of much fun

(old = 25 and over)

bat1
09-24-2010, 08:04 PM
one day you will get old

funny how time flys...

tsparisangelline
09-24-2010, 08:07 PM
one day you will get old

funny how time flys...

Nope, I will commit suicide as soon as the "age reversing" surgeries stop working, or they start making me look like Joan Rivers!

bat1
09-24-2010, 08:49 PM
I remember when I was 20 I thought 50 was light years away
and I would be dead by then...well, I turn 50 in 2 months

looking forward to the golden years....:)

Nikka
09-24-2010, 09:59 PM
I love twitter, hate facebook
http://twitter.com/nikkimontero

Coroner
09-24-2010, 11:50 PM
I love twitter, hate facebook
http://twitter.com/nikkimontero

Die Twitter Die! :violin:lol:;-)

BellaBellucci
09-24-2010, 11:59 PM
I used to hate Twitter, then I started to love it for business, and then I realized that Facebook was much better, so now I spend more time there. There's less interaction on Twitter and Facebook is about way more than just sex. I also have friends there who are IRL friends, political people, entertainment gurus and about 4600 other people on friends list. I love it there!

~BB~

marissaaz
09-25-2010, 12:14 AM
love facebook have reconected w/many old friends from highschool

Willie Escalade
09-25-2010, 08:42 AM
love facebook have reconected w/many old friends from highschool
Same here...

Nivek
09-25-2010, 08:56 AM
I'll say this, ever since everyone I know jumped ship from myspace, I eventually and must add most reluctantly joined. I can't say I HATE facebook, but what I do hate is the constant updates from friends wives or husbands that you felt obligated to add!! I can say I've reunited with ppl I wouldve never thought I'd ever talk to again, not out of feuds, but just by time. As for twitter.. If I needed to know every minute of someones life, I'd just as soon become them! I enjoy my privacy and not telling the world when I poop, or just had a bad day seems like a freedom to me. I'm just old fashioned I guess!

Nivek
09-25-2010, 08:58 AM
You're only as old as you feel, and 25 is YOUNG!! Ppl don't know nothing until they are 50!!