PDA

View Full Version : Boston Trip: Never been! Suggestions for tourist stuff

WendyWilliams
09-16-2010, 04:09 AM
Not sure why but I've never been to Boston. So I am hosting a party on Oct. 2nd in NYC with Allanah and decided to jump up too Boston with my friends Heather and Astria before. Ill be there Sept. 28th-2nd! So obviously Ill be there to work a few days however what if anything would you suggest I go see or do?

See you in Boston! Heather my photographer will be with me so Im sure we will get tons of pictures.

Nicole Dupre
09-16-2010, 05:16 AM
Bring money to the beautiful mall off of Copley Square. lol

Seriously, great shopping, food, and architecture in the Back Bay area. The guys were all respectful and clean, as are the streets and the rest of the people. I loved it. Can't wait to get back this fall.

WendyWilliams
09-16-2010, 05:20 AM
Where do you suggest I stay, what area?

SunshyneMonroe
09-16-2010, 05:21 AM
i was just there the westin at the water front is really nice and the staff is great

Nicole Dupre
09-16-2010, 05:26 AM
I stayed right in Copley Square, yes. Lot's of public transportation, and clients seem to make their way there easily. I learned later that parking in a garage was a bit steep, but no one complained.

WendyWilliams
09-16-2010, 05:29 AM
Thanks ladies! I love when Ive never been to a city to just get out in the morning and window shop, enjoy a nice breakfast and take it all in.

SunshyneMonroe
09-16-2010, 05:36 AM
Thanks ladies! I love when Ive never been to a city to just get out in the morning and window shop, enjoy a nice breakfast and take it all in.

Yes and like a block from the westin there is a large yachets that serve meals all day i went on sunset and it was one of the prettiest thing ive ever seen...but dont be a min late they will leave and u will lose 150 bucks:)

youshouldtrythislol
09-16-2010, 05:44 AM
I hope you have fun in boston ms. williams.

Nicole Dupre
09-16-2010, 05:48 AM
Where she's talking about was east of where I was, but they're close to one another and it's easy to check out both.

Keep in mind, girl. That city can get COLD. And stores and food seem to close a bit on the early side too.

acdaddy69
09-16-2010, 06:11 AM
I have been to dat sunset cruise its beautiful....and its already cold here too so dont forget that jacket wendy...and ofcourse it will in the 80 once you get...thats new england for you.

DaveinBoston
09-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Hi Wendy,

Westin Copley hotel, Boston Harbor Hotel, Marriot Copley, Park Plaza. Boston touts itself as a 'big city' but it's nothing compared to NYC. You can take a short car ride anywhere.

If you like little shops and rows of restraurants head down to Fanueil Hall/Quincy Market. Its a huge touristy type area and you can find a taste of any type of food.

There are a milion tourist things to do from tours, walks to cruises (as someone said)

Enjoy the city, the weather is awesome!

BeardedOne
09-17-2010, 02:49 AM
I haven't spent a lot of time in Boston since I left in 1984, and a lot has changed (Especially the Rose Kennedy Greenway which used to be an elevated highway), but quick vizits in recent years have shown me that the newer Copley area hotels are nice (And the classic "Costly Pleasure"/Copley Plaza if you like old school hospitality). There are a number of new, upper end hotels along the old waterfront (That used to be Atlantic Avenue).

Get a "Charlie Card" if you'd like to explore the transit system which features the Green Line central subway, the first in the nation. Many of the downtown transit stops are within a block of any place you'd want to be.

If you're used to NYC, you need to rethink your idea of 'city'. Boston is a colonial construct and best compares to lower Manhattan, below Houston, very compressed with narrow streets. Back Bay, along Beacon, Commonwealth, and Newbury, is later development with wide streets and many fine townhouses. If you find yourself wandering in the latter neighborhood and feel lost, just remember that the cross streets are alphabetic from 'downtown' out (Arlington, Berkley, Clarendon, Dartmouth, Exeter, Falmouth, etc.). Arlington runs along the side of the Public Garden and Boston Common is past that after Charles Street, the Common and Garden being akin to NYC's Central Park.

For travel, should you opt out of a subway adventure, there are numerous city cabs that operate off corner stands (You can hail them on the street, but would have better luck hunting out a stand) and several very good local car services. Most of the stuff downtown (From the waterfront to the Common) is within walking distance, if you enjoy walking (No heels).

Time allowing, spend a day walking the Freedom Trail. It begins at the Visitor's Center on the Common and winds through the old city streets past the Old State House, Paul Revere's House, the Old North Church, and other sites from revolutionary times.

Have fun and send postcards. No, really, PM me for my address so that you can send postcards. :)

shemale-411
09-17-2010, 03:09 AM
I only had a day, but I really enjoyed the aquarium, it has a 3 story coral reef, and a circular stairway around it for viewing.

http://www.shemale-411.com

WendyWilliams
09-17-2010, 03:17 AM
Notes all taken........The aquarium does sound food as well as a nice Bay stroll.

Since Im going with friends they want to work a day or two outside the city then do a few downtown.......

Thanks for all the amazing replies,,,noted!

BeardedOne
09-17-2010, 03:25 AM
I agree on the Aquarium (T Blue Line Station: Aquarium). It was one of, if not the first of the new, interactive public aquariums and is a great visit. Also, =HIGHLY= recommended, is the Boston Museum of Science (T Green Line stop: Science Park). The latter includes the Hayden Planetarium if you can get to a scheduled show.

If you want to check out the Back Bay neighborhood you might want to stroll out Commonwealth Avenue, which is a wide boulevard with a parkland median, and bounce back and forth between Boylston and Newbury streets. Boylston is Boston's Broadway of sorts and Newbury (Parallel to Boylston in the Back Bay) is home to trendy and eclectic shops. If your feet get tired, Boylston Street is home to the Green Line subway at Kenmore, Massachusetts/Auditorium, Copley, and Arlington.

Kenmore is a very vibrant and diverse neighborhood/area and is just a spit-throw to Fenway Park (If you land before the end of baseball season - I don't follow those calendars too well). If you get to a Red Sox game, look for the only woman in the stands with a Yankees cap: Erotic author/editor/publisher Cecilia Tan. :)

shemale-411
09-17-2010, 03:43 AM
http://www.neaq.org

dracos
09-17-2010, 08:29 AM
The Radison is good place to stay. And Jacques Caberet is within walking distance. Its about the ony place I know for "special ladies". Anyway Wendy hope u have a good time. Boston is a medium size city and u can walk from the theatre district to china town and other places too.

RACQUEL
09-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Wendy,I agree with the Radisson! Jacques is right around the corner,the guys can park right down the street at the garage.Also u r within blocks of Downtown Crossing>Newbury Street for shopping.Be advised,Boston closes early>Jacques at midnight>every place else 1am>2am Also Boston is alot more TightAss than NYC!! Be prepared for some rudeness,like Philly folks up here r always in a Big fucking hurry! Have a great stay>Im at racquelncl@yahoo.com if u have anymore ?s XOXO