PDA

View Full Version : Do you drive a "Ladie's" Car?

sunairco
08-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Over the years I've dealt with some obnoxious car salesmen but I had an experience a few weeks ago that's one for the books. My wife and I have spent nearly a year researching and narrowing down a short list of compact SUV's to check out. We went into a Honda dealership to test drive the CR-V and maybe the Element. This salesman marked us and started to trail us around the showroom. While my wife was inside the vehicle trying to get an intitial impression, this jackass starts trying to chat me up. Normally they're pretty slick with affable chit chat trying to feel you out if you're going to be one of the suckers that are more concerned with the monthly payment amount. Not this jackass. Right off the bat he's dropping hints that the CR-V is a "ladies" vehicle. He doesn't let up. Funny part about this is she's in the vehicle and it's obvious that she's concerned if it works for her. Meanwhile he's walking me around the car it's non-stop hints that the rear hatch was designed for a 5' woman, the seats are designed for a woman, the rear seats were designed to accomodate kid's car seats,you can clean up messes easily, the engine is adequate for schlepping around town, groceries..yada yada, hell he even outright told me that the car was designed specifically for women with young kids. Problem is I'm not making the decision to buy the car, she is and he should be working this line on her,not me. We're obviously past the age of a couple with young kids, and I'm getting this non-stop pitch that I'm getting a car with a pussy that probably has a tampon dispenser accessory available. I'm surprised he didn't ask me to look between the rear tires to see that it didn't have a pair hanging below. Then he starts trying to get me over to look at their large Pilot SUV and starts emphasizing the power, all wheel drive, ruggedness...WTF?

Is this something new? You try and shame the male to get him to go for a "man's" car? I never gave a flying rip what anyone thought of the vehicle that I drove.

hwbs
08-19-2010, 08:02 PM
boo the car salesman and his business mgr friend too , lmao

ALYSINCLAIRxxx
08-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Nice avatar, especially given the post, HWB. With this license plate any car becomes a man's car. :pumped: Funny story though!

BLKGSXR
08-19-2010, 09:15 PM
too bad hes a titman huh... ergh I mean sorry HWBS how those wheels feel? lol.
that said I still drive my honda's and Acura's
I like 30+ mpg what can I say and when I need to downshift I do ^_^.

rockabilly
08-19-2010, 09:36 PM
Big Truck , Little Penis.

Caff_Racer
08-20-2010, 12:11 AM
Me, I only ride a man's bike!

rockabilly
08-20-2010, 12:20 AM
How do you ride a cartoon bike?

This is much better.

Caff_Racer
08-20-2010, 12:31 AM
How do you ride a cartoon bike?

This is much better.

Not bad... I still prefer my own bike: meet Black Bess!

Dino Velvet
08-20-2010, 12:55 AM
Did the salesman also tell you he could be done with the paperwork and have you drive your new car off the lot and be able to make the 8:00 showing of Eat Pray Love?

bat1
08-20-2010, 01:37 AM

Nice bike you got there!:iagree:

sucka4chix
08-20-2010, 01:54 AM
Not for nothing, but most cars are made for women. All this safety bullshit and sillyassed features that testosterone driven beings give 2 shits about! Women buy cars and carmakers cater to them. With the demise if Pontiac, who builds cars for men anymore, Dodge?
Btw, I always felt Honda's were for girls, but that's just me.

Amsterdamage
08-20-2010, 02:41 AM
Nissan does. I drive a Skyline :)

fred41
08-20-2010, 05:53 AM

I don't know much about bikes Caff..but that one looks pretty damn cool to me !!

BLKGSXR
08-20-2010, 10:52 AM
Nissan does. I drive a Skyline :)
and i drive a mazda furai

Schimmel
08-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Over the years I've dealt with some obnoxious car salesmen but I had an experience a few weeks ago that's one for the books. My wife and I have spent nearly a year researching and narrowing down a short list of compact SUV's to check out. We went into a Honda dealership to test drive the CR-V and maybe the Element. This salesman marked us and started to trail us around the showroom. While my wife was inside the vehicle trying to get an intitial impression, this jackass starts trying to chat me up. Normally they're pretty slick with affable chit chat trying to feel you out if you're going to be one of the suckers that are more concerned with the monthly payment amount. Not this jackass. Right off the bat he's dropping hints that the CR-V is a "ladies" vehicle. He doesn't let up. Funny part about this is she's in the vehicle and it's obvious that she's concerned if it works for her. Meanwhile he's walking me around the car it's non-stop hints that the rear hatch was designed for a 5' woman, the seats are designed for a woman, the rear seats were designed to accomodate kid's car seats,you can clean up messes easily, the engine is adequate for schlepping around town, groceries..yada yada, hell he even outright told me that the car was designed specifically for women with young kids. Problem is I'm not making the decision to buy the car, she is and he should be working this line on her,not me. We're obviously past the age of a couple with young kids, and I'm getting this non-stop pitch that I'm getting a car with a pussy that probably has a tampon dispenser accessory available. I'm surprised he didn't ask me to look between the rear tires to see that it didn't have a pair hanging below. Then he starts trying to get me over to look at their large Pilot SUV and starts emphasizing the power, all wheel drive, ruggedness...WTF?

Is this something new? You try and shame the male to get him to go for a "man's" car? I never gave a flying rip what anyone thought of the vehicle that I drove.
You shoulda fuckin killed him.

sucka4chix
08-20-2010, 02:05 PM
I don't know much about bikes Caff..but that one looks pretty damn cool to me !!
Especially if your name is Arthur Fonzarelli

sucka4chix
08-20-2010, 02:08 PM
Surely we all understand that people who get paid commission never sell you what you want, but what makes them the most money.

LibertyHarkness
08-20-2010, 03:36 PM
a big massive jeep i have ......

Caff_Racer
08-20-2010, 05:11 PM
Especially if your name is Arthur Fonzarelli

Eh up! You a comedian, then? :rolleyes:

a big massive jeep i have ......

In towns I give those a very wide berth: second cousins to white vans they are (well, usually)! :hide-1:

LibertyHarkness
08-20-2010, 06:13 PM
i have a ford explorer 4litre V8 ... and a Freelander 1.8T , about to bin the ford as its expensive to run ..

Next year though I will get a nice sporty car again .. I have my eye on a nice M3 Cabriolet :)

Caff_Racer
08-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Libbs, this is what you need (no, not Clarkson, the car!!):

YouTube- TVR Sagaris car review - Top Gear - BBC autos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbO_CaGJXZ4)

sucka4chix
08-20-2010, 09:21 PM
Eh up! You a comedian, then? :rolleyes:

I try. Hey I should get kudos for knowing he had a Triumph!

Yoite
08-20-2010, 11:24 PM
this is what real men drive ^.-

Caff_Racer
08-21-2010, 12:15 AM
Harley Davidson WL... Ridden one of them (actually it was the WLA, the Army spec version), the hand-operated gearchange on the tank does take a bit of getting used to, though...

rockabilly
08-21-2010, 12:52 AM
That's my favorite song and scene in Rocky Horror , followed by Time Warp of course.

rockabilly
08-21-2010, 01:04 AM
A real man also "rides" this too.

Caff_Racer
08-21-2010, 01:12 AM
Isn't that still out of "Vanishing Point"?

By the way, the bike is a Honda CL350 :geek:

(the rider should be wearing protective clothing and a crash helmet :lol: )

rockabilly
08-21-2010, 01:19 AM
Yes it is , Vanishing Point is a classic.

I wonder how many takes she had to do , you know that sun baked that bike seat and had to singe her "bitch wrinkle".

MacShreach
08-23-2010, 10:29 AM

Looks suspiciously like Norton reverse-cone peashooters on that there Trumpet.......

LibertyHarkness
08-23-2010, 11:02 AM
yeah TVR is ok car but they are abit tinker toy :(

Now if was to say a Mercury 1949, or perhaps a Porsche 1967 911 Targa ....old classic ..

hmm bike wise ...I have to confess i like my supersports ... Duke 916 all the way .... or the old riceburner i used to have rgv250 hehe

but i will look to get a nice Yellow or Black BMW M3 cab next summer .. they are about £13.500 second hand for about a 4/5year old one with hardly any miles ... 40,000miles ..

Caff_Racer
08-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Looks suspiciously like Norton reverse-cone peashooters on that there Trumpet.......

Norman Hyde peashooters actually...

yeah TVR is ok car but they are abit tinker toy :(

Now if was to say a Mercury 1949, or perhaps a Porsche 1967 911 Targa ....old classic ..

hmm bike wise ...I have to confess i like my supersports ... Duke 916 all the way .... or the old riceburner i used to have rgv250 hehe

but i will look to get a nice Yellow or Black BMW M3 cab next summer .. they are about £13.500 second hand for about a 4/5year old one with hardly any miles ... 40,000miles ..

The only Ducati I'd go for is a bevelhead 900SS... I have fond memories of RGV250's too, though. My favourite stroker has to be the Kawasaki 750 H2 triple... absolutely mental little machine...

A girl who's also a petrolhead: that's a sure way to my heart, lol!!!

xon
08-23-2010, 06:06 PM
I drive a BMW m6 hot off the showroom...got it like 2 months ago hehe...replacing my opel astra GTC
but for the weekends i drive a Kawasaki z-1000 or my fiances VW Touareg (which i bought her anyway :P)

next purchase...BOAT!