PDA

View Full Version : Omg

Nicole Dupre
07-20-2010, 04:54 AM
This is BIZARRE!

"So few of the Pakistani rich pay taxes that one neighborhood hired transgender tax collectors to embarrass residents into paying. Adam B. Ellick follows them a week before the tax deadline."

http://video.nytimes.com/video/2010/07/18/world/asia/1247468421481/tax-free-living-in-pakistan.html

GrimFusion
07-20-2010, 05:33 AM
What the hell is the point of that?
What can a transgender tax collector do better than a regular tax collector? Are they just trying to exploit the hell out of the "creep" factor, and if so, who the hell would put up with that bull shit for a pay check?

I'm so god damn confused.

FREEFALLL666
07-20-2010, 06:14 AM
What the hell is the point of that?
What can a transgender tax collector do better than a regular tax collector? Are they just trying to exploit the hell out of the "creep" factor, and if so, who the hell would put up with that bull shit for a pay check?

I'm so god damn confused.
Try looking up cultural references to transgender/concubines in the Indian Subcontinent.

yodajazz
07-20-2010, 07:05 AM
It looks like the government is trying to use a traditional ritual of the ceturies old Hijia community. I read that they would stand outisde a shop owner place to perform and dance, until the owner them a donation to move on.

So that's interesting story of how to make new use of an old practice. The better know practice is for them to dance to bless weddings and new borns. Thanks ND!