PDA

View Full Version : As a transsexual are you offended by this imagery?

www.tglovers.com
07-15-2010, 10:48 PM
Check out what one designer sent down the runway during Berlin Fashion Week (http://cerebraldiva.blogspot.com/2010/07/fashion-disaster-bearded-bald-women.html)

FREE TG SOCIAL NETWORK
SETUP A FREE PROFILE AND PREPARE TO PLAY
WWW.TGLOVERS.COM (http://thetrannydiaries.ning.com)

GrimFusion
07-15-2010, 11:03 PM
Frankly, I'm a little disgusted with what seems to pass as fashion and art today. During times of recession, I wouldn't think I'd see a lot of incredibly pointless and superfluous bullshit everywhere, and yet here it is. We could all be focusing on pouring money back into our communities and supporting local businesses, but instead, some of us are throwing fucking stupid fashion shows that likely cost thousands of dollars to put together.

It's selfish and wasteful.

bridgetbbyxo
07-15-2010, 11:07 PM
no its just weird lol.. it has nothing to to with ts....imo

Nicole Dupre
07-15-2010, 11:40 PM
I couldn't care less. Why would I?

bat1
07-15-2010, 11:44 PM
That's some sick sh%t!

Jericho
07-16-2010, 09:39 AM
Jeez, give that girl a sandwich! :smh

Prospero
07-16-2010, 11:47 AM
yeuk.... just surreal shit

AllanahStarrNYC
07-16-2010, 12:56 PM
First of all, Berlin fashion week is pretty insignificant. The only really important ones are New York, Paris, Milan, & London.

I am not sure what point of view this really is, or what is the inspiration? Grizzly Adams? The hair & make up are usually a reflection of the collection inspiration. And while they can presented in an avante garde mode, for example Martin Margiella- this is executed really badly.

Forget the beard and bald cap, I can't get over that hideous dress, boots, and bag.

alyssaluxor
07-16-2010, 01:15 PM
whats the inclination of those models in being a transexual girl? lol

kisses
Alyssa Luxor

giovanni_hotel
07-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Why would TGs claim that imagery?? The whiskers were done strictly for shock value. The gender bending aspect of it, I get, but otherwise it was a big miss.

I felt like those pics were taken from a freak show of a traveling circus carnival, there was nothing remotely sexually provocative about it.

On the flip, who noticed how grossly ANOREXIC that model was!!?? High end runway modeling is sadistic, the cruelty it projects upon women is inexcusable.

Nicole Dupre
07-16-2010, 01:37 PM
There are so many ignorant things being said on this forum, which actually are offensive to me as a transsexual, and that you and your blog seems pretty oblivious to. The fact that you attempt to associate all of these sensationalized web articles you find, with transsexuality of all things, is far more offensive.

Trans-Promo
07-16-2010, 04:39 PM
I don't care - I don't have a beard LOL

I am more offended that they still allow unrealistic and sick looking women to walk the runway. Throw her a bucket of extra crispy please.

Silcc69
07-16-2010, 04:49 PM
That GG UGH that bitch needs to eat a few good ass meals. Bitch look nasty as fuck really.

talon
07-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Frankly, I'm a little disgusted with what seems to pass as fashion and art today. During times of recession, I wouldn't think I'd see a lot of incredibly pointless and superfluous bullshit everywhere, and yet here it is. We could all be focusing on pouring money back into our communities and supporting local businesses, but instead, some of us are throwing fucking stupid fashion shows that likely cost thousands of dollars to put together.

It's selfish and wasteful.
Totally agree with this.

Also I think most of these old, jaded fashion designers hate women, hate themselves, and definitely hate the rich morons who pay $5,000 for a one of a kind dress made out of Glad garbage bags.

You see the same thing across modern art painting and sculpture, to a lesser degree architecture - just a cynical hatred of life and art itself.

It's probably some kind of self-loathing, since they know in their hearts they are talent-less hacks and frauds.

lovesall
07-16-2010, 06:32 PM
For me pass that girl a sandwich or something. I really don't find the starving look to be pretty at all!

FREEFALLL666
07-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Woa, its called surrealist art, hell it is almost certainly art as it has provoked a discussion of its very nature and meaning.

KimberlyBanxxx
07-17-2010, 11:18 PM
nope!
not at all..
its just weird

DL_NL
07-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Supermodels in general are a huge turnoff, I don't like the emaciated look. This is plain weird, maybe it's meant to distract from the ugly clothes they're wearing.

TSsweetie
07-18-2010, 03:45 PM
I think the anorexia is Sadder.... Fed the poor girl.....