PDA

View Full Version : Get rich or die trying?

Legend
11-10-2005, 08:10 PM
Is anyone interested in seeing that movie, it couldn't be that bad with some of the latest crap that has come out.50 is getting into everything lately music,movies, video games!!

tracy
11-10-2005, 09:00 PM
He's just an asshole who thinks can do it all

Quinn
11-10-2005, 09:16 PM
Anyone who thinks that 9 bullet holes is some kind of status symbol is a loser.

2 Pac he is not.

Cosign. I have one on my wrist, and it's anything but a fucking status symbol.

-Quinn

partlycloudy
11-10-2005, 09:19 PM
:arrow:

NYCe
11-10-2005, 09:20 PM
50 cents is a marketing genius and anyone who believes he only got to where he is now due to getting shot is not seeing the bigger picture. He actually lost his original recording contract when he was shot.

hwbs
11-10-2005, 09:21 PM
yeah but in the end u can hate on someone trying to chase that paper....same thing was happening with jlo when she had her hand in everything a couple years back.....next time that u wanna hate on someone , give this a thought....do u strive in your chosen career to be half as good as u can , lmao....exactly....not that im a fan or anything , but just my :2cent

Quinn
11-10-2005, 09:30 PM
50 cents is a marketing genius

So far as rap goes, I don't think really like 50 (He's no Chuck D, etc.), but I have to admit, he does seem to have a good head for business. I've seen interviews with him, and he takes a very active role in running his enterprise - unlike many rappers who just hand everything off to a bunch of MBAs/CPAs and then wonder where all of their money went.

-Quinn

NickTheQuick
11-10-2005, 10:15 PM
He's just an asshole who thinks can do it all

Lol, I was wondering who stole my Hatorade.

Don't forget he's also made a ton of money from the Reebok deal and the G-Unit clothing. He's one rich muhfucka. I gotta go do some window-shopping now. Later.

brickcitybrother
11-11-2005, 05:34 AM

2 Pac he is not.

mds

I agree. No originality, no conscienciousness. Nothing more to say.

chefmike
11-11-2005, 05:43 AM
there's some interesting stuff on thesmokinggun.com about him being an alleged snitch...guess it would be under archives now...I don't do hip-hop...the closest I get is Cypress Hill and Red Hot Chili Peppers...but I wouldn't knock his business skills...

Jhellis978
11-11-2005, 06:11 AM

2 Pac he is not.

mds

Says it all......

partlycloudy
11-11-2005, 06:12 AM
:arrow:

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
11-11-2005, 09:58 PM
Get Rich' pulled after Pittsburgh shooting
Friday November 11 7:16 AM ET

The Loews theater chain pulled rapper 50 Cent's new film "Get Rich or Die Tryin"' from a theater near Pittsburgh after a man was shot to death in the lobby Wednesday night.

Police said Shelton Flowers, 30, of Wilkinsburg, Pa., was shot at 11:06 p.m. and died later at an area hospital.

Gerald Barger of the West Homestead Police Department said four people were involved in the shooting but that there were no suspects. Local police plan to increase patrols at the 22-screen Loews Cineplex at the Waterfront from 6 p.m.-2 a.m.

ADVERTISEMENT
Adblock
Loews president Travis Reid said the incident occurred while most of the theater's patrons were in their seats in the complex's individual theaters.

It is not clear whether the individuals involved in the shooting had just left the screening of "Get Rich," which had started at 10 p.m., but Reid acknowledged that they had come from that direction.

While Loews will not play the Paramount Pictures release at the Waterfront until the investigation is completed, the New York-based exhibitor will continue showing the movie at its other locations around the country.

"There was a lot of preparation done for this film after Paramount's research told us that it was drawing a primarily young male crowd," Reid said. "We had taken all the precautions possible to limit any possibility of violence, but I'm skeptical that the film itself incited it. I think it was more an issue where the wrong people came into contact with each other."

A Paramount spokesperson could not be reached for comment.

Other exhibitors are watching the situation but will continue to play the movie.

"We are closely monitoring the film and the reactions of patrons in our theaters, but as of today we have no incidents," Greg Dunn, president of the Regal Entertainment Group, the country's leading exhibitor, said Thursday. Regal would not comment on its booking decisions, but sources said the chain had agreed to play the film in just 96 theaters, though Paramount had requested a significantly higher number.

AMC reported that a couple of fistfights had broken out in its theaters showing "Get Rich" but did not consider that unusual. National Amusements reported no incidents across its circuit.

"We regret this tragic incident, but we have to remind our patrons that violence at theaters is extremely rare," said John Fithian, president of the National Association of Theater Owners. "We've had 1.5 billion people come to the theaters in each of the past three years, and there were only a handful of violent incidents. Though very unfortunate, this type of incident is very rare at the cinema. At this time we don't know if there is any association of this particular incident in connection with the film that was playing. We'll let the police do their investigation."

The R-rated "Get Rich," starring rapper Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson, opened Wednesday in 1,652 theaters nationwide.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Legend
11-11-2005, 10:02 PM
Get Rich' pulled after Pittsburgh shooting
Friday November 11 7:16 AM ET

The Loews theater chain pulled rapper 50 Cent's new film "Get Rich or Die Tryin"' from a theater near Pittsburgh after a man was shot to death in the lobby Wednesday night.

Police said Shelton Flowers, 30, of Wilkinsburg, Pa., was shot at 11:06 p.m. and died later at an area hospital.

Gerald Barger of the West Homestead Police Department said four people were involved in the shooting but that there were no suspects. Local police plan to increase patrols at the 22-screen Loews Cineplex at the Waterfront from 6 p.m.-2 a.m.

ADVERTISEMENT
Adblock
Loews president Travis Reid said the incident occurred while most of the theater's patrons were in their seats in the complex's individual theaters.

It is not clear whether the individuals involved in the shooting had just left the screening of "Get Rich," which had started at 10 p.m., but Reid acknowledged that they had come from that direction.

While Loews will not play the Paramount Pictures release at the Waterfront until the investigation is completed, the New York-based exhibitor will continue showing the movie at its other locations around the country.

"There was a lot of preparation done for this film after Paramount's research told us that it was drawing a primarily young male crowd," Reid said. "We had taken all the precautions possible to limit any possibility of violence, but I'm skeptical that the film itself incited it. I think it was more an issue where the wrong people came into contact with each other."

A Paramount spokesperson could not be reached for comment.

Other exhibitors are watching the situation but will continue to play the movie.

"We are closely monitoring the film and the reactions of patrons in our theaters, but as of today we have no incidents," Greg Dunn, president of the Regal Entertainment Group, the country's leading exhibitor, said Thursday. Regal would not comment on its booking decisions, but sources said the chain had agreed to play the film in just 96 theaters, though Paramount had requested a significantly higher number.

AMC reported that a couple of fistfights had broken out in its theaters showing "Get Rich" but did not consider that unusual. National Amusements reported no incidents across its circuit.

"We regret this tragic incident, but we have to remind our patrons that violence at theaters is extremely rare," said John Fithian, president of the National Association of Theater Owners. "We've had 1.5 billion people come to the theaters in each of the past three years, and there were only a handful of violent incidents. Though very unfortunate, this type of incident is very rare at the cinema. At this time we don't know if there is any association of this particular incident in connection with the film that was playing. We'll let the police do their investigation."

The R-rated "Get Rich," starring rapper Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson, opened Wednesday in 1,652 theaters nationwide.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

That's crazy!

lust
11-12-2005, 07:53 AM
That's crazy!

Nah it ain't. It happens in our culture. A few guns went off in movie theatres when they released that Sean Penn/Robert Duvall L.A. cop flick, "Colors."