PDA

View Full Version : Election

Gus The Dagger
11-08-2005, 05:11 AM
Will anyone go out tommorow and vote?

Jhellis978
11-08-2005, 05:21 AM

Yes. Tomorrow in Texas there is a proposition on the ballot that would add an amendment to state constution defining marriage as between ONLY one man and one woman. Clearly, this represents another lame attempt of the religious right to legislate their version of morality.

I urge any and all Texans on this board to get out and VOTE NO on proposition 2.

Gus The Dagger
11-08-2005, 05:24 AM
I will be voting for the next NYC mayor. I never voted before.

Quinn
11-08-2005, 05:24 AM

One word: Bloomberg

-Quinn

Gus The Dagger
11-08-2005, 05:28 AM
I'm for Ferrer

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
11-08-2005, 06:26 AM
Ferrer doesn't have a chance in hell......................

I have to admit though, it would be a party week in NYC if he won.........................

every minority group & non Jewish group would be celebrating in the streets

Realgirls4me
11-08-2005, 06:31 AM

Yes.

Ecstatic
11-08-2005, 06:35 AM
I voted last week. No, really. We elected the first woman mayor of our city (Marlboro, MA) ever. Lousy turnout, only 37% of the electorate.

I hope Texas votes down that proposition, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm proud that Mass is the first state to recognize marriage as valid between any two adults regardless of sex or gender, but I'm not proud that it's the ONLY state to do so: it should be a given, and some day will be.

Kramer
11-08-2005, 06:39 AM
Ferrer...................LOL, how sad the Dems are. :D :lol:

BlackAdder
11-08-2005, 07:33 AM
Not as sad as the republicans will be when the next presidential and congressional elections roll around....you guys had to have the Supreme Court vote Pres. Chimp in last time.....5 vs 4 right along party lines of course. This time around hopefully more Americans will be awake and good ole' homeboys like Jeb will be watched real closely.

I forsee a landslide after the mismanagement this admin has inflicted on the US.....Even my freakin grandparents, who are staunch republicans and war vets, have sworn to vote the republicans out of office...For them to turn on the party after 60 years speaks VOLUMES.

TomSelis
11-08-2005, 02:21 PM
Definitely going out to vote. We don't have much of a choice here in Jersey though. Codey should've ran, but it looks like Corzine's day.

chefmike
11-08-2005, 02:35 PM
Not as sad as the republicans will be when the next presidential and congressional elections roll around....you guys had to have the Supreme Court vote Pres. Chimp in last time.....5 vs 4 right along party lines of course. This time around hopefully more Americans will be awake and good ole' homeboys like Jeb will be watched real closely.

I forsee a landslide after the mismanagement this admin has inflicted on the US.....Even my freakin grandparents, who are staunch republicans and war vets, have sworn to vote the republicans out of office...For them to turn on the party after 60 years speaks VOLUMES.

AMEN...I'll be voting today...and in 2008, for whatever dem is nominated...friends don't let friends vote republican...

chefmike
11-09-2005, 12:28 AM
Oh, sorry. I thought this was another misspelled thread title. Sometimes when I get an election, I have multiple organisms. ;)

LMFAO@Arianna....you (and Harajuku) are two crazy jerseydevils....

tsntx
11-09-2005, 03:56 AM
i seriously hope all you ppl voted.. ESP THE TEXANS

Realgirls4me
11-09-2005, 04:23 AM
I voted, as should anyone eligible. It would have been a cold day in hell if the following had passed, but one should one expect from the state of Texas.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051109/ap_on_el_st_lo/ballot_measures

Kaine and Corzine have "won" at this point, though. :)

I just hope all of Ahh-node's propositions go down in flames here in Kah-lee-fornia. :)

chefmike
11-09-2005, 04:31 AM
YES! Tim Kaine has been confirmed...has Corzine been confirmed?

Quinn
11-09-2005, 04:34 AM
Yes, Corzine has been confirmed. Talk about a choice between two extremely shitty candidates. Glad I don't live in Jersey.

-Quinn

TomSelis
11-09-2005, 04:37 AM
I know...talk about choosing the lesser of the two evils.

I was tempted to vote for the legalize marijuana candidate though.

chefmike
11-09-2005, 04:39 AM
CNN projecting Corzine...as you said...

http://photobucket.com/albums/a78/chefmike_/th_bush.gifhttp://photobucket.com/albums/a78/chefmike_/th_bushlied1.gifhttp://photobucket.com/albums/a78/chefmike_/th_bush_finger.gif

brickcitybrother
11-09-2005, 05:30 AM

No ... I'll stay in and vote. lol - The options of the Garden State