PDA

View Full Version : Man depression is.....woooh!

SXFX
12-10-2009, 06:49 AM
Just comes out of the ground and grabs your feet, wow!
This sucks!
Be safe every one ok, it's the season for it....and well it got me but please every one, be safe and love one another ok!
Some times a hug.....goes a long way.
And ladies....please not tapping of the backs when hugging. It's demeaning and well doesn't help matters much.
S

rockabilly
12-10-2009, 07:04 AM
Preaching to the Choir SXFX.

It hits me alot , and sometimes it's hard to deal with.

Feels like an uphill battle , know what i mean.

TsVanessa69
12-10-2009, 09:49 AM
Very true

cookiepuss
12-10-2009, 10:20 AM
This sucks!
Be safe every one ok, it's the season for it....and well it got me but please every one, be safe and love one another ok!
And ladies....please not tapping of the backs when hugging. It's demeaning and well doesn't help matters much.
S

So true. And you hit the nail on the head with the comment in bold. Hang in there!

GullyFoyle
12-10-2009, 11:29 AM
The holidays get to alot of people so hang in there dude.

SXFX
12-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Yeah they are suppose to be fun....but I don't know if it's the weather or the insanity of it but things hit the fan and they hit it hard.
I hit the tanning salon once a week for 10min just to get some sunshine and help improve my mood but some times.....it's just like one hit after another.
But you have to push you know, you just can't let it pull you down because after a given depth...this is no coming up for air.
And I know it sounds so freaking stupid, but a hug goes a long way. This time of year if I see one of my friends down...and you can see it in their eyes...a good hug just seems to save them and me. Especially my female friends, a big hug and a "you look great girl" just saves them but then.....who saves me?

lisaparadise
12-11-2009, 12:40 AM
Yeah they are suppose to be fun....but I don't know if it's the weather or the insanity of it but things hit the fan and they hit it hard.
I hit the tanning salon once a week for 10min just to get some sunshine and help improve my mood but some times.....it's just like one hit after another.
But you have to push you know, you just can't let it pull you down because after a given depth...this is no coming up for air.
And I know it sounds so freaking stupid, but a hug goes a long way. This time of year if I see one of my friends down...and you can see it in their eyes...a good hug just seems to save them and me. Especially my female friends, a big hug and a "you look great girl" just saves them but then.....who saves me? theres probably pills you could take just a thought?

raybbaby
12-11-2009, 12:48 AM
Have you ever tried smoking weed?

SammiValentine
12-11-2009, 01:02 AM
I dont like the sound of weed or pills lol but Cognitive behaviour therapy is always worth looking into...

Hondarobotic
12-11-2009, 01:11 AM
Watch this Youtube. It's pretty cool. Japanese Keyboard Jedi Girl:

(I personally don't experience depression, but this vid is awesome, so maybe this will help you)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pS5xzOWbwo

Caff_Racer
12-11-2009, 01:30 AM
Smoking weed isn't actually that effective, IMHO (I think I have some idea about what I'm talking about: I smoke pot from time to time and I am prone to depressive behaviour). The best thing is to go and see your GP.

Another thing: are you sure it's a depression and not a knee-jerk reaction to the rather sickly atmosphere of forced joyfulness and "goodwill to all" that seems to be obligatory at this time of year?

slinky
12-11-2009, 01:33 AM
You really should consider seeing a Psychiatrist (or ask your GP) since a lot of true "clinical depression" is chemically based and should be medicated (yeah, give me the avalanche of pseudo science about meds, blah, blah)

SXFX
12-11-2009, 01:47 AM
theres probably pills you could take just a thought?[/quote]
Or a little vacation to a place where the water is blue and the sands are white! :D

Ben
12-11-2009, 02:20 AM
You really should consider seeing a Psychiatrist (or ask your GP) since a lot of true "clinical depression" is chemically based and should be medicated (yeah, give me the avalanche of pseudo science about meds, blah, blah)

A therapist would be advisable.... Friends help, too. A strong family. Exercise and diet are crucial.

Ben
12-11-2009, 02:22 AM
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/depression/article_em.htm

Azanti
12-11-2009, 02:22 AM
Battling some pretty dark demons myself this year, but then going to six funerals (three of them my family, one of them my mother) probably isn't helping.

The first Xmas with a lot of people missing for me.

SXFX
12-11-2009, 02:46 AM
A therapist would be advisable.... Friends help, too. A strong family. Exercise and diet are crucial.
And a dick hungry girl friend.....don't forget the dick hungry girl friend!

lisaparadise
12-11-2009, 02:54 AM
theres probably pills you could take just a thought?
Or a little vacation to a place where the water is blue and the sands are white! :D[/quote]take me with ya damnit

SXFX
12-11-2009, 06:10 AM
theres probably pills you could take just a thought?
Or a little vacation to a place where the water is blue and the sands are white! :Dtake me with ya damnit[/quote]
Really you would go with me? :D
Would you put sun screen on my shaved head.
I'm only in OK shape so i won't try and impress you.....much.

Right now, the thing that gets me, and it literally fells as if some thing has my soul is if I see any good looking girls on TV or on the internet.....it just....oh scary feeling. I think it has to do with my girl problems.
That bitch has me on this fucked up sex diet and it's starting to get to me.
If my parents didn't love her sorry ass I would dump her ass....but it's that time of year...have to smile...have to make mom happy......god i can't wait till I kick her sorry ass to the curb.

droog
12-11-2009, 06:41 AM
This sucks!
S
i really like the suggestions that were made regarding smoking bud. doing so can put you in another state of mind [most often a creative or deep intellectual state (depending on how much you smoke)] which allows you to see your life in a clearer perspective. now, i realize that there are people reading this [perhaps yourself even] who have never smoked or expanded their minds with drugs, and that is okay; but do not be quick to judge the positive effects that expansion provides the mind. when your mind is free, you can utilize clearer thinking to figure out your path in life, or, at the very least, attempt to determine the true cause for your depression.

also, i might add that having a passion for something will keep you from getting depressed. imagine if you will these two similar, yet completely separate scenarios. the first scenario is getting up each day and going to a job you hate, counting the clock down until you can leave, then doing the same thing the next day, like a machine [i mean, we've all worked this type of job at some point in our lives]. the second scenario is getting up each day and going to a job you love, and never wanting to leave, excited so much for the next day that you cannot sleep and cannot stop thinking about it. so imo, it is only the second scenario which will provide happiness. so based on this comparison, i can say [without question] that ditching my old 9-5 years ago immediately rid me of any depression i may have been having before i decided to do what i really wanted with my life.

Hondarobotic
12-11-2009, 07:30 AM
You know, I have now reached zero tolerance with stupid people. The last advice given on this thread to this apparently depressed guy was (to paraphrase): "get a job you love".

Are you Harvey McKay? I think a major cause of depression for many people is the fact that dumb people give out retarded advice like that.

:roll:

droog
12-11-2009, 07:37 AM
You know, I have now reached zero tolerance with stupid people. The last advice given on this thread to this apparently depressed guy was (to paraphrase): "get a job you love".

Are you Harvey McKay? I think a major cause of depression for many people is the fact that dumb people give out retarded advice like that.

:roll:
so buddy, how's that cashier position at burger king working out for you? don't worry, you'll be the assistant manager in no time!

Hondarobotic
12-11-2009, 07:42 AM
I have no idea who you are, but I've been on this forum for awhile, and I work for some of the largest night clubs in the US.

Who are you?

droog
12-11-2009, 07:46 AM
I have no idea who you are, but I've been on this forum for awhile, and I work for some of the largest night clubs in the US.

Who are you?

Hondarobotic

= f a i l

Hondarobotic
12-11-2009, 07:50 AM
Maybe you should do some homework. . .

TsVanessa69
12-11-2009, 07:51 AM
Have you ever tried smoking weed?
In small doses it works for me.
When I'm down and dragging and not wanting o be bothered, but I know I have to get something accomplished, I take a few pulls throughout the day and i get the jobs done.
Plus I'm more creative when I take a puff!

Hondarobotic
12-11-2009, 08:03 AM
heh.

GullyFoyle
12-11-2009, 08:12 AM
i really like the suggestions that were made regarding smoking bud. doing so can put you in another state of mind [most often a creative or deep intellectual state (depending on how much you smoke)] which allows you to see your life in a clearer perspective.

"All pot leads to is fucking carpentry." - Dennis Leary

http://www.destructoid.com/dude-smokes-pot-out-of-an-n64-controller-46780.phtml

tsmandy
12-11-2009, 12:01 PM
You should try hopping a train. That shit cures depression.

SXFX
12-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Hopping a train? You mean traveling? Yeah after the holidays definitely.
But boy you guys are such pot heads :-)

lisaparadise
12-11-2009, 06:30 PM
But boy you guys are such pot heads :-) lol i hope i made your day on cam4 this morning,just tryin to make ya feel better

SXFX
12-11-2009, 07:24 PM
But boy you guys are such pot heads :-) lol i hope i made your day on cam4 this morning,just tryin to make ya feel better
thank you so much gorgeous, yes you did...in a way.