PDA

View Full Version : sex changes who claim to be professional... bashing pre-ops

marcopolo
12-05-2009, 05:52 AM
not cool post your thoughts.

Teydyn
12-05-2009, 06:05 AM
Huh?

And with "sex changes" you mean post-op TS?

marcopolo
12-05-2009, 06:14 AM
Huh?

And with "sex changes" you mean post-op TS?correct

2009AD
12-05-2009, 06:30 AM
MRSJHANIAHLOVE

phobun
12-08-2009, 06:25 AM
Huh?

For a creep like yourself to refer to a woman as a "sex change" is rude and disparaging.

BrendaQG
12-08-2009, 06:37 AM
Huh?

For a creep like yourself to refer to a woman as a "sex change" is rude and disparaging.

I have heard other TS's refer to post- op's as sex changes. It's slang.

The best example of what this guy is talking about can be found here. What About Non-op Transsexuals? A No-op Notion (http://ts-si.org/looking-glass/1409-what-about-non-op-transsexuals-a-no-op-notion.html)

However, saying someone is a non-op transsexual who chooses to be non-op presents us with an oxymoron. That is, a figure of speech that combines two contradictory terms (e.g. “almost pregnant” or "deafening silence").

So, the non-op oxymoron proclaims people who want to become the other sex yet don't want to become the other sex.

Worse, it does not define people by what they are, but tags them with a description of what they are not.

What makes the “non-op transsexual” oxymoron so arresting, and so different from a mere contradiction, is the intentional use of rhetoric to force an unnecessary distinction. In this case, a distinction pointed at transsexuals who really are pre-op, even if perpetually.

That's just a hilite. The overall sense of superiority they project in that piece is really the kicker.

phobun
12-08-2009, 06:47 AM
Huh?

It is not appropriate slang for someone who obviously does not respect post-operative women.

shemale-411
12-08-2009, 07:03 AM
Huh?

It is not appropriate slang for someone who obviously does not respect post-operative women.

Phobun, my 2 best friends are post-op, and use the term all the time, though I have also heard them use the term "fish" when joking around. I don't think I've ever heard them use the term "post operative transexual" although I've never been to the gyno with them, perhaps they use it then. It's slang, get over it.

peggygee
12-08-2009, 07:11 AM
Huh?

The best example of what this guy is talking about can be found here. What About Non-op Transsexuals? A No-op Notion (http://ts-si.org/looking-glass/1409-what-about-non-op-transsexuals-a-no-op-notion.html)

However, saying someone is a non-op transsexual who chooses to be non-op presents us with an oxymoron. That is, a figure of speech that combines two contradictory terms (e.g. “almost pregnant” or "deafening silence").

So, the non-op oxymoron proclaims people who want to become the other sex yet don't want to become the other sex.

Worse, it does not define people by what they are, but tags them with a description of what they are not.

What makes the “non-op transsexual” oxymoron so arresting, and so different from a mere contradiction, is the intentional use of rhetoric to force an unnecessary distinction. In this case, a distinction pointed at transsexuals who really are pre-op, even if perpetually.

That's just a hilite. The overall sense of superiority they project in that piece is really the kicker.

I skimmed the article, seems interesting, will bookmark it to re-read it:

http://ts-si.org/looking-glass/1409-what-about-non-op-transsexuals-a-no-op-notion.html

phobun
12-08-2009, 07:18 AM
Huh?

Phobun, my 2 best friends are post-op, and use the term all the time, though I have also heard them use the term "fish" when joking around. I don't think I've ever heard them use the term "post operative transexual" although I've never been to the gyno with them, perhaps they use it then. It's slang, get over it.
Of course it's slang, I already acknowledged that in the post you to which you responded. For two post-op women to call each other it is one thing, for a guy, especially one who likes preops, to refer to post-op women as "sex changes" is quite another, and I think it sounds disparaging in that context.

peggygee
12-08-2009, 07:25 AM
Huh?

I've been post op for a number of years, never had anyone refer to
me as a "sex change", though I am familiar with the slang.

Admittedly post operative transsexual in reference to one's self or
another post op woman does sound somewhat clinical.

But I would prefer being simply referred to as woman, female, or even
post op woman, but "sex change", not so much.