Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Would you watch it on pay per view?

Who do you think would win?

~Kisses.

HTG

Trowa
11-18-2009, 10:42 AM
This fight will be all about the money and not the sport. Expect the PPV to be 70 bucks. When it ever happens...

I'm going with Mayweather though. Why? I dunno. I don't fucking watch boxing.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-18-2009, 10:58 AM
This fight will be all about the money and not the sport. Expect the PPV to be 70 bucks. When it ever happens...

I'm going with Mayweather though. Why? I dunno. I don't fucking watch boxing.

Me too! But just wondering.. lol

~Kisses.

HTG

tygren1@yahoo.com
11-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Idk about this one. When it happens though, I'll be going for Floyd.

Nikka
11-18-2009, 03:19 PM
pacman of course, when it is this fight? please tell me I need to knoww!

hippifried
11-18-2009, 05:49 PM
I think it would be a terrific fight Speed & power against speed & power, with the slightest edge to Mayweather in height & reach. But alas, the dream match will probably stay just that. There's no fight scheduled, & most likely, there won't be. Mayweather is already retired, & Pacquiao is planning a run for the Philippine Congress next year.

socal323
11-18-2009, 06:19 PM
well in some betting sites they have the fight scheduled for july 18th 2010. So we will see if that is official. Floyd mayweather will edge him out if they end up fighting.

sugdaddie69
11-18-2009, 06:47 PM

~Kisses.

HTG
Mayweather..hands down..i wasn't ever impressed with cotto.

sugdaddie69
11-18-2009, 06:48 PM

~Kisses.

HTG

P.S.....nice to have you back

speedstick112
11-18-2009, 11:45 PM
I'd say the Pacman. Has the fight really been scheduled?

Nikka
11-18-2009, 11:53 PM
I'd say the Pacman. Has the fight really been scheduled?

yes when it is?

socal323
11-19-2009, 01:16 AM
july 18th 2010

EyeCumInPiece
11-19-2009, 05:05 AM
cant ever count out money mayweather

acacab
11-19-2009, 06:06 AM
Pacquaio wins, and it will be a great fight.

gotchagood
11-19-2009, 06:19 AM
Although Mayweather has been out of the gym, I will have to put my money on Mayweather.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-19-2009, 06:38 AM
Pacquiao is planning a run for the Philippine Congress next year.

Not to bring him down or anything.. But dear God, I hope not. He just graduated from a GED Philippine equivalent high school - 2/2007! He doesn't know a thing about politics. :evil:

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/sports/view/20070222-51049/Pacquiao_%91graduates%92_from_high_school

But I hope he wins! ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

addicted
11-19-2009, 07:43 AM
mayweather is beatable and jose luis castillo proved that in his 1st fight with gaywhether before he got robbed. pac is a munshkin though and gaywhether will remember for forcing fighters to move up in weight and beating them. if gaywhether hags around long enough he will wind up getting knicked the fuk out unconscious like the other hype job roy jones.

addicted
11-19-2009, 07:45 AM

Not to bring him down or anything.. But dear God, I hope not. He just graduated from a GED Philippine equivalent high school - 2/2007! He doesn't know a thing about politics. :evil:

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/sports/view/20070222-51049/Pacquiao_%91graduates%92_from_high_school

But I hope he wins! ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

all pac needs to know is how to be corrupt and he will fit right in.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-19-2009, 08:26 AM

But I hope he wins! ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

all pac needs to know is how to be corrupt and he will fit right in.

Lmao Exactly the main problem down there! Hence, you barely see any progress. The rich gets richer and the poor more poorer!

~Kisses.

HTG

alpha2117
11-19-2009, 08:31 AM
Cant see Mayweather winning to be honest, I think he lacks the endurance.

addicted
11-19-2009, 01:31 PM
[quote="addicted"][quote="Hara_Juku Tgirl"][quote=hippifried]Pacquiao is planning a run for the Philippine Congress next year.

But I hope he wins! ;)

~Kisses.

Not sure if he is corrupt yet but how much has manny did for the community in the country by himself? He seems like a good guy and he earned all his money by himself so I see him doing doing more than the average policitian with his own funds. Manny doesnt need any election he is big enough without all that nonsense. I mean manny is # 1 down there and who is the distant 2 dj q bert?

]

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-19-2009, 06:15 PM
I agree. He is really huge down there (and so is that guy from Black Eyed Pea and that lead singer from Journey). Manny has done a lot in his home town. He realy doesn't need to run for public office and should just concentrate and remain a boxer. Being in politics and a boxer would stress him out (like most politician)..which might affect his boxing career imo. That's all. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

socal323
11-19-2009, 09:57 PM
mayweather takes it ......best pound for pound fighter in the world

Floyd R
11-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Pacquiao's Scandal Back Home Overshadows Cotto Win

Posted by: Mark Vester on 11-19-2009.

>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

By Mark Vester

Manny Pacquiao's historic stoppage of Miguel Cotto, where he captured the WBO welterweight title, is the biggest boxing topic in the United States since the fight took place last Saturday in Las Vegas. One would expect the same in Pacquiao's country of the Philippines, where the fighter is viewed as a mega-star, but a brewing scandal back home has overshadowed his historic win.

A lot of the major press in the Philippines has turned their focus to the tension between Pacquiao and his wife Jinkee. There are heavy rumors that Pacquiao, allegedly, had an affair with actress Krista Ranillo. Pacquiao and Ranillo co-stared in the fighter's latest film, Whapakman.

Reporters in the Philippines are all over the story. Footage surfaced of Jinkee crying at a Thanksgiving mass that was held to honor Pacquiao's win over Cotto. Photos and video of Pacquiao in the company of Ranillo is spreading across the net. Jinkee no-showed the fighter's post-fight celebration and the couple took separate flights back to Philippines.

Jinkee's parents are furious with Pacquiao over the scandal and told abs-cbnNEWS "because you hurt our daughter, we will boycott your film." Jinkee's father, Nestor Jamora, spoke to the press and said "so many people are mad at [Manny]. And here comes that issue with Jinkee. Everyone here, her family, is mad at him."

Her father believes the scandal will hurt Pacquiao's political campaign as Congressman in Saranggani, the hometown of Jinkee.

Pacquiao's supporters are pleading with the fighter to stand up to the scandal and face it head-on but so far the fighter has issued "no comment" replies when approached with questions on the alleged affair.

Send News Tips and Comments To Mark Vester
boxingvester@gmail.com

Iori
11-19-2009, 10:46 PM
Mayweather. Hes got that jab and run down to
a science. Pacquaio can win that 12 round foot race.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-19-2009, 11:29 PM
@Floyd R

With his moneyLOTS of women are just throwing themselves at him. Temptations abound. Of course he is a man, and one which never had this type of fame and attention growing up..could you blame the guy? I feel sorry for his wife and kid though.

~Kisses.

HTG

BLKGSXR
11-20-2009, 12:18 AM
pac would win...Mayweather is a good fighter dont get me wrong but pacs better

shemale-411
11-20-2009, 01:06 AM
http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=11539687

BLKGSXR
11-20-2009, 01:08 AM
and on ktla @ 10 they will be talking about it or something lol...

GurlyCockLover
11-20-2009, 03:58 PM
pacquaio gonna knock him out, and shut mayweather's loud mouth

bigfreddy
11-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Rooting for PacMan, but Floyd will win. One, they will almost certainly fight at 147; in fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Floyd tries to pull some bullshit catch weight of 150. The fact is Floyd's defense is so good that even PacMan will have trouble hitting him. The fight will probably start out strong, with PacMan taking the first three rounds. Floyd will go on the bike after that and not mix it up, eliminating the PacMan counterpunch. Floyd will win most of the remaining rounds by landing good jabs and not getting hit. It could be a boring fight, as most Floyd fights are.

I will still order it, though. Better than spending $20 per shot of Macallan 18 at some dumbass bar.

I did root for Floyd against Hatton, however. I can't stand that little british fuck.

LTR_Seeker
11-21-2009, 06:24 PM

But I hope he wins! ;)

~Kisses.
thats good thing Hara the pro are the ones messing it all up there lol
HTG

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-21-2009, 08:05 PM

But I hope he wins! ;)

~Kisses.

HTGthats good thing Hara the pro are the ones messing it all up there lol

Yeah. But the poll shows its neck to neck..which is good though. It will be a good fight! ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

sugdaddie69
11-21-2009, 08:34 PM

But I hope he wins! ;)

~Kisses.

HTGthats good thing Hara the pro are the ones messing it all up there lol

Yeah. But the poll shows its neck to neck..which is good though. It will be a good fight! ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

Nobody polled me.....please no pun intented(lol),smoll...Mayweather in 7

Odelay
02-25-2015, 04:21 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2N13vXFaQVacERLNBzI6ag90AIIEFf dfgTaacJDWdBy1lPrOwZsRd3g

5 to 7 years ago this would have been an epic fight, on a par with Leonard-Duran or Leonard-Hearns. Today, not so much.

Plaything
02-25-2015, 04:40 PM
Remember watching Sugar Ray v Hagler in 'Bar Italia' Soho: London. Big Screen...Peroni and espresso...adjudicated a draw. But Hagler had it for me. Just reminiscing.

LI SEAN08
02-25-2015, 05:28 PM
Im thinking of flying out to Vegas the Wednesday b4 the fight with some buddies. Of course we wont be at the arena at the MGM Sat night, but we will def find a nice place to watch it and eat and drink our merry hearts away. Now I just got to hook up a nice Tranny Puta on the side without my boys knowing!!!

RobynBlakeTS
02-25-2015, 07:57 PM
mayweather is beatable and jose luis castillo proved that in his 1st fight with gaywhether before he got robbed. pac is a munshkin though and gaywhether will remember for forcing fighters to move up in weight and beating them. if gaywhether hags around long enough he will wind up getting knicked the fuk out unconscious like the other hype job roy jones.

Why you got to call him Gayweather? why call him that using the Gay part as clearly a negative. There is nothing negative or wrong with being gay and it shouldn't be used a negative word to insult or mock people. Its homophobia, grow up.

I would like Pacman to win but mayweather is just sooo damn good.

Odelay
02-26-2015, 02:56 AM
Moderators, why not simply lock or delete this thread altogether rather than banish it to the sports thread? You achieve the same effect. It will die in a matter of moments in this dead category.

broncofan
03-02-2015, 12:41 AM
The fight would have been more interesting in 2008-9, but I will still be watching. Both Mayweather and Pac have appeared to slow down. Pac always had trouble with Juan Manuel Marquez' style but he also seemed a bit less sure of himself when I saw him in his recent fight with Brandon Rios, despite winning by a wide margin.

Mayweather has always been more hittable against southpaws than righthanders. Remember his fight with Judah? Or when he was wobbled by Demarcus Corley, who is not really much of a puncher. I didn't see his fight with Sharmba Mitchell but I heard he took a few shots there as well despite winning in the middle rounds. I think Floyd will have a tough fight agains Pacquiao though I think he has to be the favorite going in.

Lots of other great fights out there. I will be watching Kovalev-Pascal on March 14th.

gheske123
03-04-2015, 12:23 AM
Remember watching Sugar Ray v Hagler in 'Bar Italia' Soho: London. Big Screen...Peroni and espresso...adjudicated a draw. But Hagler had it for me. Just reminiscing.

Was a great fight, a lesson in illusion from Sugar Ray who rightly or wrongly won on a split decision. Still one of my favourite boxers

broncofan
03-23-2015, 08:15 AM
There's no general boxing thread. I'm not sure I want to start one, but anyone see the Kovalev-Pascal fight? Looking forward to Kovalev Stevenson down the line?

Any boxing fans out there?

FullThroated
03-28-2015, 11:31 PM
I'm surprised (and delighted!) to find a little core of boxing fandom here of all places :)

Very excited about Mayweather/Pacquiao, and am very unsure which way it'll go. They're both extraordinary, and so different that predicting how their styles will collide is impossible. I'm certain Mayweather has dodged Pacman until now, and is only fighting him because Showtime demand more for their money than they've been getting from him lately. Maidana twice? Really? Khan nearly ko'd him with a body punch in round 1 of their fight. Taking a stand on on steroid abuse? Don't fight Marquez then!

I reckon he avoids skilful fighters who could outwork him, look busier, and conceivably win on points - which explains why he chose to fight Maidana over Khan, who would have been at least as big a box office draw. But that's boxing, and he's earned the right to pick his fights. Mayweather has to be favourite but I'll be rooting for Pacquiao, and definitely think he has a chance. He may even embarrass him, who knows.

I reckon Kovalev has Stevenson's measure, broncofan, but yes - can't wait for that one either. Carl Frampton (who I'd love to see fight Leo Santa Cruz) and Anthony Joshua are pushing my buttons, UK-wise - both worldbeaters IMO.

broncofan
03-29-2015, 03:59 AM
I like your analysis on Mayweather. Even if he ends up retiring undefeated, he was very cautious along the way in his choice of opponents. People will point to who he ended up beating in his career, but may forget that he could have fought many of these opponents when they were perceived as more dangerous. That includes Cotto, Mosley, and De La Hoya.

If Floyd beats Pacquiao, he would also have the option of fighting Gennady Golovkin, who has said he would be willing to make 154 pounds. That fight simply will not happen. So, this is the toughest fight we will ever see Floyd in.

BTW, I agree Khan would have presented stylistic problems for Floyd. Khan's big apparent weakness, punch resistance, is less an issue against the counter-punching Mayweather.

FullThroated
03-30-2015, 01:31 AM
Yes, and Floyd's careful matchmaking is all the more frustrating for the fact that he's rarely been remotely troubled, and scarcely ever buzzed with a heavy shot, let alone knocked down. He could have taken apparently riskier options and still remained undefeated. But I think the paymasters have been complicit in this: his career has coincided with a pretty thin time for American boxing, at least compared with previous eras, making him far more of a cash cow than he would have been otherwise. Invulnerable boxers don't tend to rake in the box office like he does (see Andre Ward, Guillermo Rigondeaux.)

I'm expecting a frustrating, hard to score fight.

Khan's interesting. His questionable punch resistance leads everyone to think they have a chance against him, which should make matchmaking easier. On the other hand, those losses give an easy excuse for marquee names to avoid him, i.e. 'He's not in my league/ Look who beat him/Why would I bother?' His speed is scary, and I think his power is underestimated, cf. that Maidana gut punch. He could trouble Mayweather, but would almost certainly be knocked out by Brook (who is clearly very special indeed.)

broncofan
03-30-2015, 08:31 PM
I was very excited about Khan when he first entered the pro ranks. His boxing ability is superb. It is a shame he isn't able to take a punch better but I really think it's beyond his control. If someone has trouble taking a shot it's not because they're not tough enough...the great Tommy Hearns could not have been tougher but had the same susceptibility. So it's a shame there. I have heard a lot about Kell Brook but I'll have to watch some of his fights. I don't follow as much as I did ten or fifteen years ago.

Khan can beat anyone on a given day...I agree with your theory that his knockout losses provide a better excuse to avoid him..I imagine top fighters know he's not as vulnerable as he looked in those fights (Prescott and Garcia) as there's no guarantee they get to him.

Even if Floyd took all of the fights when he should have, he still would have probably won them all. I don't think he necessarily thought he'd lose but was taking a path of lesser resistance (better value per risk as you say).

Pac provides an interesting style matchup for Floyd. Floyd fights southpaws pretty well. He has no problem getting his punches home as his straight right hand is a sharp punch. But from his fights against Judah, Mitchell, and Corley I get the sense he's more hittable; or to be more accurate less unhittable. His defense against right handers is unbelievable. The right hands slide off his shoulder, the left hooks sweep air. But maybe against a southpaw he's a bit more human. So I am looking forward to an interesting fight.

FullThroated
04-01-2015, 03:52 PM
I like 'less unhittable'. That's exactly it.

Kell Brook has been excellent ever since a wake-up call against Carson Jones; he'd been a bit lax with his training and was (a bit) lucky to get the decision. Since then he's been a man on a mission, and I recommend watching Brook-Porter if you haven't already. His fight with Senchenko, who had only lost once previously (to Malignaggi on cuts) is worth a look too.

Less frustrating than Khan's chin, which he can obviously do nothing about, is his lack of control. He still loses focus and forgets the game plan too readily (and he must be the least sneaky holder/grabber in the business!) Listening to Virgil Hunter berate him between rounds is always entertaining though, and a Khan fight is never dull.

broncofan
04-02-2015, 08:58 AM
I'll watch a couple of Kell Brook fights in the next few days and get back to you!

celticgrafix
04-20-2015, 12:42 AM
Should of happened years ago and yes Connor mcgregor would beat mayweathers ass