PDA

View Full Version : UFC 104

speedstick112
10-22-2009, 01:29 AM
Anyone watching or got any bets going? Machida vs. Shogun, it's going down

bte
10-26-2009, 08:19 PM
Anyone watching or got any bets going? Machida vs. Shogun, it's going down

Shogun got screwed. Never let it in the hands of the judges, because they will always fuck it up.

speedstick112
10-31-2009, 02:00 AM
Word. Even the president of UFC said Shogun should have won.

diablito
11-02-2009, 08:01 PM
you two are both wrong... first, the fight sucked (like sooo many of the past UFC events) both fighters were reluctant to engage... second, Shogun did not decisively win 3 rounds... judges will always award a win to the current title hold if the fight is too close to call... plain and simply, shogun didnt leave it all in the ring... didnt press the action and got tagged too many times!!

speedstick112
11-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Sure they could have been more engaging. But no way, it wasn't too close to call. Shogun got way more shots in the first two rounds, and arguably he took the third as well. Machida looked way more beat in the end too.

bte
11-03-2009, 08:32 AM
you two are both wrong... first, the fight sucked (like sooo many of the past UFC events) both fighters were reluctant to engage... second, Shogun did not decisively win 3 rounds... judges will always award a win to the current title hold if the fight is too close to call... plain and simply, shogun didnt leave it all in the ring... didnt press the action and got tagged too many times!!

I will agree that neither Shogun or Machida press the action. The 1st round was effy and the 4 rounds were split. So depending on how the first round went, it could have gone either way. The rematch will put the whole argument to rest if you ask me. I imagine both guys are going to bring it and try to finish the fight.

Shogun even said that his corner said he was winning the fight, that is why he didn't press the action. He should have pressed the action and try for a knock out or submission.

diablito
11-04-2009, 06:25 PM
these guys are trained killers... not prize fighters like in boxing... the amount of physical abuse that goes into one title match is incomprehensible to us non-fighters.

with that said, both fighters are coming of off explosive victories in their last 2 fights... this match should have ended 2nd or 3rd round with someone kissing canvas!!

bte
11-04-2009, 06:56 PM
these guys are trained killers... not prize fighters like in boxing... the amount of physical abuse that goes into one title match is incomprehensible to us non-fighters.

with that said, both fighters are coming of off explosive victories in their last 2 fights... this match should have ended 2nd or 3rd round with someone kissing canvas!!

Dude, I agree with you. But they were just to careful. I imagine the rematch is going to be brutal.

speedstick112
11-05-2009, 04:48 AM
Rematch should set things straight.

socal323
11-06-2009, 08:33 PM
they have agreed to a rematch