PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the big TS parties in NYC?

nylust
10-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Remember the wilder parties? Like Allanah's Wild West or Outer Space party... what happened to them? I keep going to parties and they're so tame.

Do they not happen any more?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
10-12-2009, 01:29 PM
to be fair about this

Club Owners killed the big parties

the really huge places get greedy with bookings and will at 3pm on the night of a booking (this is an example) call a client and say "oops we forgot we had already booked someone for that floor/room/basement/etc." because at 2:30pm the dude calling for that last minute booking promised a certain # of heads through the door that the owner thought one of our parties couldn't match.....

slinky
10-12-2009, 01:44 PM
If you know where to look.................

EyeCumInPiece
10-13-2009, 04:27 AM
If you know where to look.................

Show me the way, o' great one.

hwbs
10-13-2009, 05:37 AM
those were great times...i feel bad for those who missed out on those great times...to be completely frank why they were so great...it was new for everyone guys and girls...everyone there for the most part was here to party and not work..i met so many members and girls from all over the country..there were some girls working it but for the most part was a big free for all...i seriously doubt those moments will b re created...

AllanahStarrNYC
10-14-2009, 10:10 AM
I will answer since those were my parties.

At that time there was really nothing going on in NYC as far as transsexual parties of that nature and scale. athose parties really changed the ts party scene and the level of expectations.

It was something that I did and am proud of and quite frankly doubt I can duplicate again.

Everything that happened there just came together at the right time and right place. The themes, the clubs-everything. I never had any idea it would be so BIG and so wild.

We were lucky in the sense that the club was very lax and open minded to anything goes. You could do a party like that once in a while, but I don't think you can get away with it on a regular basis. Club owners are very cautious and the risk of something SO wild, is one not many are willing to take.

AND I have to say what really changed the scene was the development of so many weekly parties, which makes it difficult to do something big. It's a double edge sword having sooo many parties.

BUT- I have something in the works that may just be as wild and as fun as thiose old days :).

We shall see.

dlbi22
10-14-2009, 11:07 AM

At that time there was really nothing going on in NYC as far as transsexual parties of that nature and scale. athose parties really changed the ts party scene and the level of expectations.

It was something that I did and am proud of and quite frankly doubt I can duplicate again.

Everything that happened there just came together at the right time and right place. The themes, the clubs-everything. I never had any idea it would be so BIG and so wild.

We were lucky in the sense that the club was very lax and open minded to anything goes. You could do a party like that once in a while, but I don't think you can get away with it on a regular basis. Club owners are very cautious and the risk of something SO wild, is one not many are willing to take.

AND I have to say what really changed the scene was the development of so many weekly parties, which makes it difficult to do something big. It's a double edge sword having sooo many parties.

BUT- I have something in the works that may just be as wild and as fun as thiose old days :).

We shall see.

I hope you get it goin again because I still haven't been able to make it to one....and I've been 21 for almost a year already haha

TsVanessa69
10-14-2009, 06:04 PM

We shall see.
I always had soo much fun at those partys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sooooooooooo much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

hwbs
10-14-2009, 07:10 PM
they were a lot of fun and a lot of work together...me and nyce took like 4 hours to put all those glow in the dark stars on the wall @ shelter....oh the memories.... :)

AllanahStarrNYC
10-14-2009, 07:27 PM
they were a lot of fun and a lot of work together...me and nyce took like 4 hours to put all those glow in the dark stars on the wall @ shelter....oh the memories.... :)

It was DEFINATELY a huge effort that took a small vilage to organize :)

slinky
10-15-2009, 08:38 AM

Parties which were a labor of love were one thing. Once it tuned into "work" and almost a "daily grind".... well, I think it showed thru. As a promoter, you just can't pull a rabbit out of a hat 10 times a month.

hwbs
10-15-2009, 09:27 AM

It was DEFINATELY a huge effort that took a small vilage to organize :)

was a lot of work but still well worth it !!!!

nylust
10-19-2009, 03:32 AM
Allanah,

I totally agree. The more frequent small weekly parties sapped the life out of the sextravaganzas. I loved the big show. I can't summon the effort for the weekly dos.

If you do decide to go that way again let us know.

I'll never forget the first one where I was a little unsure of what to expect and then Tara Emory comes walking into the room with a space alien costume and her cock sticking hard into the air before her handing out flyers. I almost creamed myself right there.

That was fun.