PDA

View Full Version : The Beatles...............

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
09-04-2009, 04:37 AM
As a Stones fan I hope I don't disrespect you true Beatles heads, but has anyone noticed the INCREDIBLE amount of Beatles shit being produced since MJ's death?!?

9/9/09 seems to be publicized as a Beatles Worldwide Holiday as far as companies selling shit related to the group.

Tanuki
09-04-2009, 04:44 AM
yeah.. i watched a documentary the other night on vh1. and it was all just a commercial for the beatles rockband videogame...

JPJP
09-04-2009, 04:45 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure 9/9/09 is when that Beatles Rock Band comes out

Dirky
09-04-2009, 04:48 AM
Well, the 9th is when they're going to reissue all the albums, all remastered. It's news that Beatle fans have been waiting a long time for and was planned long before MJ's death. There's also going to be two box sets, one in stereo and the other in mono but both are so outrageously expensive that the average fan cannot afford them. As for me, I'm a Stones fan too and don't have much interest in the Beatles.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
09-04-2009, 05:07 AM
Well, the 9th is when they're going to reissue all the albums, all remastered. It's news that Beatle fans have been waiting a long time for and was planned long before MJ's death. There's also going to be two box sets, one in stereo and the other in mono but both are so outrageously expensive that the average fan cannot afford them. As for me, I'm a Stones fan too and don't have much interest in the Beatles.

Glad to know I'm not the only Stones fan. Thanks for the knowledge, had no idea about the Beatles reissuing (is that a word, lol).

jjhill
09-04-2009, 05:16 AM
I was a Beatles fan before I even knew it. I would listen to covers of Beatles songs and didnt know it for years. From people like Michael Jackson, Lou Rawls, Eddie Hazel, etc.

BellaBellucci
09-04-2009, 05:18 AM

Glad to know I'm not the only Stones fan. Thanks for the knowledge, had no idea about the Beatles reissuing (is that a word, lol).

Da Stones (Da Bears!)! I love The Beatles' later stuff but I'm still really all about the Stones.

~BB~

kukm4
09-04-2009, 05:21 AM
I thought it was just to Rock band game and their music catalag avil on itunes.
Also I think there a song where John says Number 9 over and over.. I think its a ref. to this that its dated for 9.9.09

hippifried
09-04-2009, 07:28 AM
Okay, I'm confused. Why would being a Stones fan preclude anyone from being a Beatles fan, or vice versa?

Tiffany Anne
09-04-2009, 07:44 AM
Okay, I'm confused. Why would being a Stones fan preclude anyone from being a Beatles fan, or vice versa?

You're so young :P

Rogers
09-04-2009, 07:49 AM

Beatles = overated whiny pop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO9M_5aTRvE&feature=related

Stones = timeless classic rock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jaHhqgQ7rI&feature=related

Dirky
09-04-2009, 12:40 PM

I didn't mean to imply that you couldn't be a fan of one band and not the other but usually you have your people in the Beatles camp and you have your people in Stones camp. I prefer the Stones more. They're funky, bad-ass and knew how to groove. Plus they have Keith Richards!

That said, there's a lot of Beatle songs that I like and will probably pick up one or two of the remastered CD's as they're supposed to be incredible sounding. I won't deny the Beatles their greatness.

Willie Escalade
09-04-2009, 02:13 PM
The Beatles #1s CD is enough for me.

Tanuki
09-04-2009, 05:21 PM
EDDIE HAZEL IS GREAT

hippifried
09-04-2009, 08:33 PM

You're so young :P
Well, actually, I'm 58 years old. I watched the "British invasion" happen, & animosity between the nuance of genre wasn't there. There was no FM radio in the consumer market. Hell, consumer stereo was new. There were no niche stations outside the major markets. You'd hear Patsy Cline, the Drifters, the Beatles, Johnny Cash, Jan & Dean, Jackie Wilson, the Stones, Marty Robbins, & Doris Day all mixed up on the same station. Where I grew up, we only needed 3 buttons on the car radio. At night, we could pick up KOMA out of OKC over the skips. Wolfman Jack out of Del Rio too, but he sucked big time. He was just selling albums mail-order, never shut up, & never played more than a 30 second clip of any song.

There were ignorant pundits then as there are now, & they tried to create some "culture war" between the "Mods" & the "Rockers", but that didn't pan out. They all had the same influences. Guys like Bill Haley, Carl Perkins, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Fats Domino, Ike Turner, Hank Williams, & a whole raft of do-woppers, Grand ol' Opry, rockabilly, swing, jazz, & blues people. Blues especially, because there was a big blues revival going on in the UK in the late '50s & early '60s.

Sorry, but I just don't understand. It's all rock n' roll. & beyond! Music isn't a competition. You like what you like. Personally, I developed a taste for freeform jazz, but sometimes it gets dissonant to the point where it's like chewing aluminum foil, so I can see why the audience is small. I'm a fan of both the Beatles & the Stones. (They're still the Rolling Stones by the way, but my generation shortened it to a single syllable.) I was a fan of both the Beatles & the Stones back then, as were just about all my peers. As far as I know, all those peers are still fans of both bands too. I don't know where this either/or thing comes from. It didn't come from us.

You're ALL so young. :P

rockabilly
09-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Good music is timeless. It evokes an emotional reaction ... like when you hear a song years later and you remember the first time you heard it and how you felt. Good music , good friends just hanging out , your first kiss ... a song can bring back alot of memories.

Dirky
09-09-2009, 01:40 AM
I was curious so I stopped off after work and picked up the White Album and it sounds fucking incredible. Just an awesome sonic upgrade over the original CD's. Don't hesitate to jump aboard the hype train.

Norma
09-09-2009, 02:06 AM
As a Stones fan I hope I don't disrespect you true Beatles heads, but has anyone noticed the INCREDIBLE amount of Beatles shit being produced since MJ's death?!?

9/9/09 seems to be publicized as a Beatles Worldwide Holiday as far as companies selling shit related to the group.

the Incredible amount of beatles stuff being released has been planned as far back as last year, before MJ's death. That was without prior knowledge of MJ's death. if that's what you meant lol.