PDA

View Full Version : Is hate a form of love?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
08-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Is hating someone to the extent of never wanting to be bothered with them a form of love?!?

hippifried
08-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Could be. Seems a little obsessive.

giovanni_hotel
08-04-2009, 04:56 PM
The opposite of love is not hate; it's apathy.

You know any relationship is dead when you have no feelings whatsovever for another individual, good or bad.

Hate, much like love, is a very intense, emotionally involved state of mind and heart. Both can be very painful and extremely draining psychologically.

So no, IMO.

If you 'hate' someone to the point of not caring about them, love is no longer on the radar.

I recall a quote from one of the contestants from one of the first Survivor episodes, who roughly said, " If I saw you dying of thirst on the side of the road, I would not offer you a drink of water."

To some, that's a form of hate; denying someone something, a form of passive aggression, is very much the same as giving something to them.

But to me, it's more apathetic.

Which is, to observe someone, but you're unable to notice or care about their condition.

Nicole Dupre
08-04-2009, 04:58 PM
You ALWAYS hurt the ones you love. ;)

giovanni_hotel
08-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Bingo!!

Nicole Dupre
08-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Many of my haters here have actually ended up liking me, and some to the extreme. Definitely interesting. Some guys hate me because I'm opinionated and willful, but later that translates into power and it turns them on because it's real.

The difference between a sexual relationship and a social one is often vast. In fact sometimes the more I piss my man off, the better the sex and the mood is later on. :D

rockabilly
08-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Interesting , and confusing as well. Love vs Hate i've only known the extremes.

Quiet Reflections
08-05-2009, 01:15 AM
love-hate relationships are the only ones i ever see make it to gold and silver anniversaries