PDA

View Full Version : Queries for the Intellectuals on the board:

Hara_Juku Tgirl
07-29-2009, 12:35 AM
Here are some interesting queries for all of you smart people (taken from a site online):

1. Why are we so much more prone to emotional outbursts when we are tired?

2. Why does my tongue insist on following my toothbrush around my mouth when I brush my teeth? It requires a great deal of concentration to stop it from happening!

3. Why do red blood cells turn skinny and blue when they run out of oxygen?

4. Is it true that the nose is the only part of the human body that continues to grow throughout our lives? If so, why and by how much?

5. Why do we get stiffer as we get older and what can we do about it?

6. How much weight do I lose overnight through breathing?

7. Can you get sea sick in a submarine?

8. What sighted people 'see' in dreams comes from their visual experience, so what is the dream imagery of those blind from birth?

9. What is a nervous breakdown and how would I know if I was having one?

10. In a number of cultures around the world, menstruating women were or are restricted from taking part in some (or, in some cases, most) social activities (to do with, for example, food preparation, interpersonal contact, special events). Given that the cycles of many women, if not altered by medication, have a tendency to synchronize when they live closely together, don't you end up with a community where most women are out of the picture all at the same time?

11. Why do children usually seem to be less bothered about the weather than adults?

12. Why are farts usually smelly or loud but not both at the same time?

13. Is it possible for someone to faint whilst asleep?

14. What is an itch and why does scratching make it disappear?

15. If I drop something, or if I try and catch something that falls out of my hands, my chin gives a tiny wobble or spasm. I've noticed this immediate physical reaction on others when they are clumsy too, although it's so quick that they often don't notice that it has happened. Anyone else experienced this? What is it?

16. I have a one week old daughter and a one year old dog (a beagle). At what age will my daughter overtake my dog in terms of intelligence?

17. On a recent radio program, the presenter said that the Royal Navy do not allow women to serve on submarines because of health reasons. What might these be?

18. Sometimes an English novel describes a woman as "horsey-looking". Does this mean that she looks like someone who would often ride or hunt, or does it mean she literally looks like a horse? If the latter, who would be an example?

19. Why are a majority of people right-handed?

20. Does a glass of red wine count towards my "five-a-day"?

__________________________________________________ _____________

I'll reveal the source later as some of the questions already have answers.

~Kisses.

HTG

Dirky
07-29-2009, 12:51 AM
[quote="Hara_Juku Tgirl"]2. Why does my tongue insist on following my toothbrush around my mouth when I brush my teeth? It requires a great deal of concentration to stop it from happening!/quote]

I never took notice to this before. Tomorrow morning when I brush my teeth I'm going to pay extra close attention to my tongue.

Can't help you out with any of the questions. Guess I'm stoopid.

BLKGSXR
07-29-2009, 01:02 AM
[quote=Hara_Juku Tgirl]2. Why does my tongue insist on following my toothbrush around my mouth when I brush my teeth? It requires a great deal of concentration to stop it from happening!/quote]

I never took notice to this before. Tomorrow morning when I brush my teeth I'm going to pay extra close attention to my tongue.

Can't help you out with any of the questions. Guess I'm stoopid.dude its a biased statement-some people move their tonguew/ brush some dont-Some move their tongue opposite of brush to get in the back-Like I said totally biased.

Dirky
07-29-2009, 01:05 AM
I was also always under the impression that people gained weight during sleeping, not lost it.

(question 6)

muhmuh
07-29-2009, 01:29 AM
18. Sometimes an English novel describes a woman as "horsey-looking". Does this mean that she looks like someone who would often ride or hunt, or does it mean she literally looks like a horse? If the latter, who would be an example?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ-Okkpgeh4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLNOeOLR1Xk

smokeslv
07-29-2009, 01:41 AM
Hara.....re # 6, 61 cals/hr at 150lbs...... Not sure of your weight, since I have not yet had the pleasure!! That's for regular breathing..should you be breathing heavily for any good reason, that number gets adjusted up...considerably...lol

Hara_Juku Tgirl
07-29-2009, 02:03 AM
^ lol

muhmuh that was hilarious! :lol:

~Kisses.

HTG

Rogers
07-29-2009, 02:54 AM
Off the top of my head:

Why does any machine stop functioning properly when it's running short on fuel? Animals MUST sleep to regenerate.

2. Why does my tongue insist on following my toothbrush around my mouth when I brush my teeth? It requires a great deal of concentration to stop it from happening!
The tongue is a sensory organ, so my guess is that it's helping you guide the brush. Not sure why the questioner takes a great deal of concentration to control it though, but maybe he has A.D.H.D.? :lol:

R.B.C.s' contain hemoglobin which contains iron. When they have oxygen they turn red. Iron oxide (rust) is red.

The body is mainly water. The number of cells you have, and their condition in general, decreases with age making them less able to store water. This is why older people are prone to dehydration. Long-distance runners have to keep drinking water to keep going. Dehydration in general causes loss of suppleness, rigidity, fatigue, and lack of concentration. Autoimmunity also causes inflammation, stiffness, and pain. Eating a healthy and balanced diet throughout your life will help reduce inflammation as you age.

Sure you can if it's on the surface. Balance is controlled by hair cells in your inner ear. These move about the more you move about.

A nervous breakdown is the sudden onset or worsening of a depressive illness which severely restricts the person's ability to function normally.

11. Why do children usually seem to be less bothered about the weather than adults?
Depends what you mean by less bothered? Kids are known to become hyperactive when it's windy outside.

15. If I drop something, or if I try and catch something that falls out of my hands, my chin gives a tiny wobble or spasm. I've noticed this immediate physical reaction on others when they are clumsy too, although it's so quick that they often don't notice that it has happened. Anyone else experienced this? What is it?
Maybe he has a big, fat chin? :lol:

17. On a recent radio program, the presenter said that the Royal Navy do not allow women to serve on submarines because of health reasons. What might these be?
I suspect it may have more to do with the big lack of space on a submarine than anything else, unless unisex sleeping areas are common in the armed forces? Even less free room would mean more stress in general for submariners.

Handedness has to do with which hemisphere of the brain is dominant. The left side is dominant in right handers, and vice versa in left handers. The left side is dominant in the majority for evolutionary reasons I've forgotten about.

flabbybody
07-29-2009, 07:00 AM
you didn't answer 14
why is scratching an itch so enjoyable?
it almost makes getting mosquito bites not such a bad thing

Bopper007
07-29-2009, 07:12 AM
Ears also continue to grow as we age.

HP1000
07-29-2009, 07:23 AM

Only if it has Screen Doors... :D

Hara_Juku Tgirl
07-29-2009, 07:25 AM

Also, nails and hair!

~Kisses.

HTG

Bopper007
07-29-2009, 07:54 AM

Also, nails and hair!

~Kisses.

HTG

Ooopps, I forgot the obvious. lol

eclipsemint
07-29-2009, 03:58 PM
I would love to have bash at these. But, first of all, I think you will find it is spelled inteletchual.

- Being tired up inhibits the movement of our arms and legs, and emotional outbursts are the natural consequence. The remedy is to use a gag, or train your slave better to only speak on request.

- In a past life your tongue was a toothbrush, and is now in love with your current toothbrush. The infatuation will probably only last about 6 to 12 months. Don't buy a new one until this time has passed. Or you could get a restraining order on your tongue.

- Oxygen is furry and keeps those cute little corpuscles warm. When they are naked they get cold because they're only little. They get skinny from the shivering.

4. Is it true that the nose is the only part of the human body that continues to grow throughout our lives? If so, why and by how much?

- As we get older we tell more and more lies. How much each person's nose grows varies according to their trustworthiness. People with big noses are naturally bold-faced liars.

- As we get older we get less sex, and without regular relief we are more prone to stiffies. Plastic surgery or botox can help to attract a sexual partner.

6. How much weight do I lose overnight through breathing?

- It varies from night to night, but on the nights that I weighed you while you were asleep, it was quite minimal, about the weight of the air that you farted.
If losing this weight bothers you, I can help you look for it later.

- If you try hard you can do anything you set your mind to. I'm glad you didn't say you get sick ON a submarine; the submarine would have to be surfaced for this to be possible.

8. What sighted people 'see' in dreams comes from their visual experience, so what is the dream imagery of those blind from birth?

- Actually, blind people CAN see things in their dreams, but only if their guide dog is also sleeping at the same time.

- We've already answered this question many times for you, Hara; why do you continue to repeatedly ask it?

10. In a number of cultures around the world, menstruating women were or are restricted from taking part in some (or, in some cases, most) social activities (to do with, for example, food preparation, interpersonal contact, special events). Given that the cycles of many women, if not altered by medication, have a tendency to synchronize when they live closely together, don't you end up with a community where most women are out of the picture all at the same time?

- The reason women synchronise their periods is so they won't have to participate in recreational activities alone. It says right on the Tampon box that applying tampons allows you to go swimming and ride horses and play tennis and go to the beach!

- Children today spend all their time in front of the tv or playing computer games. They wouldn't know it was raining or snowing outside even if it was raining cats and dogs. Watch out you don't step in a poodle.

12. Why are farts usually smelly or loud but not both at the same time?

- Some say that sound travels faster throught the air by vibrations than the odor particles on air currents. To be more accurate though, the ears of most people become damaged by hours of listening to loud music on ipod earphones, and these organs are no longer as capable of protecting themselves from injury from harmful sensory stimuli like farts.

13. Is it possible for someone to faint whilst asleep?

- Yes. This is the reason you should never wake a sleepwalker, in case they faint before they wake up.

14. What is an itch and why does scratching make it disappear?

- You don't need to be alarmed when this happens. It is only a cartoon, and the mouse doesn't actually disappear. He will reappear unharmed the next time the cartoon is on. (That's one of my favorite cartoons, also.)

- This is leftover from infancy. When a mother strokes a baby's cheek the baby turns towards that side. Try it for yourself, it works. This reflex helps a baby to find and attach to the breast nipple. Usually, though, it disappears after the baby is weaned from breast feeding and advances to solid foods.
Later in life though, people who were breastfed too much can uncontrollably revert to this reflex in times of stress, such as dropping something clumsily. This is a major cause of alcoholism arising from the desire to suck on a breast in times of stress.

16. I have a one week old daughter and a one year old dog (a beagle). At what age will my daughter overtake my dog in terms of intelligence?

- It's a trick question. The beagle is already more intelligent than both of you. Consider. Does the beagle clean up your poop or do you clean up the beagle's poop? Does the beagle bring you meals or do you bring meals to the beagle? etc.
How many bagels could a Beagle bake if a Beagle could bake bagels?

- Most women have a natural aversion to being surrounded by seamen.

- You failed to mention the third option. That certain women are so ugly that you would only want to fuck them from behind in the horsey position.

- Because although most people were created in the image of God, they are now become sinful and ungodly. When God created the world and continues to make rainbows, sunsets and newborn babies he does it left-handed. He has to. It is written that Jesus sits on the right hand of God.

20. Does a glass of red wine count towards my "five-a-day"?

- It would certainly count towards your "five-a-day" glasses of red wine, but not your "five-a-day" glasses of scotch, your "five-a-day" glasses of beer, and your "five-a-day" shots of tequila.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
07-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Lmao

Those are from a site (not my questions). Thanks for playing..made me 'lol'd!

:lol:

~Kisses.

HTG

macjay18
07-30-2009, 12:49 AM
Some funny answers eclipse haha.

macjay18
07-30-2009, 12:53 AM
Some funny answers eclipse haha.

eclipsemint
07-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Lmao

Those are from a site (not my questions). Thanks for playing..made me 'lol'd!

:lol:

~Kisses.

HTG

My pleasure.