Whats your Opinion?

BellaBellucci
07-13-2009, 07:06 AM
DELETED.

BellaBellucci
07-13-2009, 07:06 AM
discuss

Whats your Opinion?

He was the best part of the Wolverine movie, imho - totally shocked the hell out of me. So why not?

~BB~

Quiet Reflections
07-13-2009, 07:12 AM
i agree, why not. There will be worse casting in that movie I'm sure. I cant wait to see how shitty the plot will be.

kukm4
07-13-2009, 07:12 AM
I think it will be slightly better than Affleck's Daredevil.

Legend
07-13-2009, 07:53 AM
Good choice for the role, i give him props for ditching the deadpool movie for this which in my opinion would have been a flop.More people know about green latern then deadpool.

Yoite
07-13-2009, 08:06 AM
But Deadpool is so cool and badass. I think he would have fit the role as Deadpool better. Overall, probably not a bad choice for green lantern.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
07-13-2009, 08:08 AM
I think he's prepared for this since he co-started in Blade. Transitioning from comedies to now action roles. I think he is physically ready for it! ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

Legend
07-13-2009, 08:19 AM
But Deadpool is so cool and badass. I think he would have fit the role as Deadpool better. Overall, probably not a bad choice for green lantern.

I agree with you deadpool is a badass and cool character, i just don't see to many people going to see him,deadpool is cool but gl is cool and is a well known character.

Quiet Reflections
07-13-2009, 09:03 AM
knowing Hollywood they will probably just have him do both

rameses2
07-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Allegedly, Bradley Cooper, from The Hangover, and Justin Timberlake(!?!)were up for the role, along with Ryan. I agree that, most likely, this movie will suck but not suck as much as it would have had good ole' "Omelet Ville" been cast as the "Man without fear". Yes, I realize that that is Daredevils' slogan, but I think the Hal Jordan Green Lantern, that the movie is going to be based on, came out before Daredevil did.

rockabilly
07-13-2009, 12:40 PM
I thought he had been cast as The Flash , Wally West version.

giovanni_hotel
07-13-2009, 01:03 PM
It's hard for me to envision Reynolds as the Green Lantern, the biggest reason against him is I can't imagine him EVER being in a fight or kicking someone else's ass before.

Christian Bale has that superhero vibe. Wesley Snipes had it. Toby McGuire made it work for SPidey. Robert Downey was able to project a dangerous edge to Iron Man, but Reynolds is kind of lightweight to play a larger than life character.

rockabilly
07-13-2009, 07:26 PM
The original GL Allan Scott and Hal Jordan and Guy Gardner and Kyle Raynor were all white John Stewart is black.

boris58
07-13-2009, 08:04 PM
I hope they don't use fake special effects or bore us to death like in Superman Returns.

rockabilly
07-13-2009, 08:13 PM
I would like a military aproach to the film. After all it is the " Green Lantern Corps " and they are intergalactic peace keepers. But special effects will be heavy . Someone do a photoshop of Ryan in the uniform ... now who would be a good John Stewart GL?

Quiet Reflections
07-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Will Smith in Hancock actually looked like the John Stewart comic book character

Iori
07-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Quiet Reflections... >.< bite your tongue.

rameses2
07-14-2009, 01:44 AM
... now who would be a good John Stewart GL?I think that would be ME!!! :wink:

rockabilly
07-14-2009, 01:49 AM
Yo Ram , how is the Hawaiian nightlife?

rameses2
07-14-2009, 02:09 AM
I'm getting off work at 1 or 2 in the a.m. nowadays. I've neither the time or the money to see much of the fun, Hawaiian night-life, even though I work in Waikiki, the tourist capital of the state. Should be outta debt in a coupla months, so maybe I'll have some REAL storeis to share with you, rocka, and the rest of the forum! Aloha, from 5-0!

rockabilly
07-14-2009, 02:11 AM
Stay chill Ram , Aloha.

rameses2
07-14-2009, 02:21 AM
Thanx, rocka! 8)

Beagle
07-19-2009, 04:19 PM
I hope they don't use fake special effects or bore us to death like in Superman Returns.

Aren't all special effects fake? :wink:

bourbonheaven
07-19-2009, 07:54 PM
Ryan Reynolds needs to quit doing super hero movies...or he will soon be a regular at comic book conventions with William Shatner and the gay asian guy Sulu.

Can you name a good NON Superhero movie Ryan Reynolds has been in??

SOOO SAD!!!

rockabilly
07-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Amityville Horror remake.

bourbonheaven
07-19-2009, 08:24 PM
OK I said GOOD movie...

matrixdave
07-19-2009, 11:15 PM
I LIKED HIM IN BLADE AND WOLVERINE EXCEPT HOW THEY FUCKED UP DEADPOOL .ANYWAYS LETS HOPE THE MOVIE HAS A GOOD STORY AND ACTION AND HE GETS A GREEN RING!!!! 8)

bourbonheaven
07-19-2009, 11:45 PM
I'm more worried about how they are going to create the special effects. Green Lantern and do pretty much anything with that ring. I'll keep my expectations low.

pantybulge69
07-20-2009, 12:51 AM
discuss

Whats your Opinion?

He was the best part of the Wolverine movie, imho - totally shocked the hell out of me. So why not?

~BB~

Because Reynolds is also signed up for the feature role of the upcoming
marvel superhero movie DEADPOOL. That's too many faces placed
in major feature roles in two different superhero movies.
It would be like Toby McGuire (who plays peter parker in the Spiderman
movies) also being the face and major leads of the upcoming Captain America and Thor.

You'll have to stamp and identify Reynolds face with two current
movies which will have a good chance for sequels and prequels as well.

pantybulge69
07-20-2009, 12:53 AM
Good choice for the role, i give him props for ditching the deadpool movie for this which in my opinion would have been a flop.More people know about green latern then deadpool.

where did u hear where Reynolds ditch the Deadpool movie ?
i didn't hear that yet.

MrsKellyPierce
07-20-2009, 12:55 AM
Ryan Reynolds is hot period lol

BellaBellucci
07-20-2009, 01:07 AM
Ryan Reynolds is hot period lol

He reminds me of a younger Jason Lee. Meow!

~BB~

JelenaCD
07-20-2009, 01:22 AM
The green latern is lame , you add yellow and he is worthless , most potential yet easiest take down

rockabilly
07-20-2009, 01:33 AM
Yellow only works if they haven't conquered their inner fear. Thats the Parralax factor.

pantybulge69
07-20-2009, 01:51 AM
It's hard for me to envision Reynolds as the Green Lantern, the biggest reason against him is I can't imagine him EVER being in a fight or kicking someone else's ass before.

Christian Bale has that superhero vibe. Wesley Snipes had it. Toby McGuire made it work for SPidey. Robert Downey was able to project a dangerous edge to Iron Man, but Reynolds is kind of lightweight to play a larger than life character.

McGuire was even more perfect because he has a dorky, bookworm
look about him anyway.
what about Edward Norton Jr as Dr. Bruce Banner as opposed to
Eric Bana (from 1st Hulk movie) ...did Norton deliver even better ?

did Ben Afflick do it for Daredevil ? Nicholas Cage for Ghost Rider ?
i agree with Wesley Snipes. i couldn't have thought of a better candidate
for the Blade character. It was bound to be him.
Too bad the Black Panther script he was once in consideration to have
has not be given the green light.

Val Kilmer as Batman in Batman Returns is my example as one who
DOES NOT have "the vibe" as a superhero character.

rockabilly
07-20-2009, 01:54 AM
Thats why Daredevil is getting a reboot.

pantybulge69
07-20-2009, 02:11 AM
I'm more worried about how they are going to create the special effects. Green Lantern and do pretty much anything with that ring. I'll keep my expectations low.

ALL depends upon who's directing Green Lantern and how much the
studio budget is. Most movies either live or die ....succeed or fail depending upon the appointed director.
for example, someone like director Tim Story can totally fuck up a
special effects movies like the Fantastic Four ...or Ang Lee did with
the 1st Hulk, or look at what Brett Raetner did with Xmen 3: Last Stand.

Deimos
07-20-2009, 04:04 AM
Ryan Reynolds would be perfect for Kyle Raynor... he looks nothing like Hal Jordan

Deadpool would have been phenomenal since they already planned on ditching the "X-Men Origins Wolverine" version in favor of the comics version.

Deimos
07-20-2009, 04:13 AM
I suppose I should add that Wesley really put his own spin on the Blade character.. to see somethin closer to the comics you'd have to look at Kirk Jones performance in the series (which didn't suck at all surprisingly). Sadly we won;t be seeing any more big blockbusters from Snipes. he has taken the DTV route like Van Damme and Segal have.

I swear when that came out i thought it was going to be buffy with blade in it but it was far superior and Kirk really carried the character well.

Affleck looked great in the Daredevil suit, but he is by no means a good Matt Murdock.

Cage didn't do all that bad as Jhonny Blaze, that poor guy gets bashed so much lol. Some of the greatest action movies have him in it (the rock, con air, face off). admittedly some of his recent films have been flops, but cage in general is an acquired taste.

lol sorry didn;t think to post all this in my last reply.

pantybulge69
07-20-2009, 05:58 AM
Ryan Reynolds would be perfect for Kyle Raynor... he looks nothing like Hal Jordan

Deadpool would have been phenomenal since they already planned on ditching the "X-Men Origins Wolverine" version in favor of the comics version.

and if Reynolds decides to move on from Lantern, they could always
go from Hal Jordan to John Stewart and sign on Terrence Howard to play
Green Lantern.
( Wil Smith would be a bigger box office draw and market but he would cost waaay too much to sign and he also may doing another Hancock movie, and i still think it's a no-no to have two featured superhero faces)

rockabilly
07-20-2009, 06:03 AM
Actually they would have Guy Gardner , as he was Hal Jordans succesor. Then John Stewart and next Kyle Raynor than back to Hal Jordan.

Coash
07-20-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm happy with the choice in as far as I think he'll be good. But I'm annoyed they chose someone who's already been in 2 comic movies (Blade Trinity, Wolverine) & is gonna star in another (Deadpool), probably... Come on! There's plenty of other great actors who can play Hal!!

BTW, My text is green in part cos of my love for Green Lantern!

Alyssa87
07-20-2009, 03:23 PM
i say he's freggin hot an i want him in me, like yesterday...

flabbybody
07-20-2009, 03:31 PM
is he LINDO ?

(I just learned that word)

Alyssa87
07-20-2009, 03:39 PM
is he LINDO ?

(I just learned that word)

Si, muy lindo!

I just got into him after watching The Proposal last month.
...Swooning, much to the chagrin of the guy that took me to see it.

Then i saw Definetly, Maybe on HBO last week- and that was it for me http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/8.gif

I have 91 pics of him in a folder. lol http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/30.gif

http://www.ioncinema.com/old/images/upload/movie_2543_poster.jpg

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl0/16/161593/13_2008/definitely_maybe.jpg

Deimos
07-20-2009, 05:45 PM
You should watch "Just Friends" too

Besides we all seen that Reynolds can play a rather twisted psycho (Amityville Horror 05) and a no bullshit serious cop (Smokin Aces).

So a serious Hero role like GL, isn't out of question for him.

rockabilly
07-20-2009, 05:58 PM
And Waiting is funny too. But track down his first gig as Billy on the teen soap Hillside aka Fifteen in America.

gotchagood
07-20-2009, 09:50 PM
I love Ryan Reynolds and I think he'll make a great green Lantern. He has the physic and the chin for the part. Can't wait to see it on the big screen.

rockabilly
07-20-2009, 10:05 PM
Who should be Sinestro? Maybe Odehd Fehr ... Now Kilowog should be a guy in heavy prosthetics w/ cgi blending and ya gotta have R.Lee Ermey do the voice. :)

BLKGSXR
07-21-2009, 04:28 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1133985/

runamok
07-21-2009, 07:09 AM
He's young and talented enough for WB to build a franchise around him. It's pretty obvious Sinistro will be his main baddie, so they'll have to cast a damn good actor. Sinistro doesn't' have to be a young actor either so they should have plenty of lee-way with that casting.

I think they made a fine choice with RR.

rockabilly
07-21-2009, 07:14 AM
Sinestro should be introduced as he was one of Hals trainers , then betray him in a play for power.

Quiet Reflections
07-21-2009, 07:18 AM
i would like to see a Blackest Night story line.

Deimos
07-21-2009, 03:38 PM
From imdb

"While the story primarily focuses on Hal Jordan, the other Green Lanterns of Earth (Alan Scott and his daughter Jade, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner and John Stewart) were given cameos to emphasize the ageless, universal presence of the Green Lantern."

If they take this route, they should cast actual actors to play the other lanterns. Because I fear that giving them appearances with stand in actors would be a bad idea.

My reason for this is that... GL2 could easily be converted into a Green Lantern Corps movie. Involving the home planet Oa and the GL council (The Guardians). It would go from feeling like a comic book movie to a full blown SciFi in literally moments lol.

Also there are literally several different types of power rings in the DC universe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_ring_(DC_Comics)#Other_power_rings