PDA

View Full Version : Was Michael Jackson transsexual?

dc_guy_75
06-27-2009, 04:09 AM
Yeah, there are countless MJ threads, but my question is....

If he grew up away from the spotlight, would he of been a transsexual?

Obviously, he had a very feminine nature and never experienced anonymity, but under different circumstances, I think he would of been tranny performer in the early 80's...

No?

Legend
06-27-2009, 04:20 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/6tk95h.jpg

Willie Escalade
06-27-2009, 04:25 AM
8)

dc_guy_75
06-27-2009, 04:29 AM
Why the angst?

Likely, he would've been happier

Tanuki
06-27-2009, 04:44 AM
theres numerous reports of him being seen in a drag disguise. diana ross even mentioned it

alyssats
06-27-2009, 04:49 AM
^really maybe a CD?

dc_guy_75
06-27-2009, 04:53 AM
^really maybe a CD?

Nah, more than that

Legallylarge
06-27-2009, 04:56 AM
Oh come on.... he WAS Latoya....

Notice you'd never see them in the same room at the same time??

:P

Tanuki
06-27-2009, 05:05 AM
its a fact, he wore makeup .. and went outside in drag disguise.. etc etc etc.. but. i think he had bigger issues.. beyond race or gender.. he was michael jackson..

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-27-2009, 05:14 AM
Yeah, there are countless MJ threads, but my question is....

If he grew up away from the spotlight, would he of been a transsexual?

Obviously, he had a very feminine nature and never experienced anonymity, but under different circumstances, I think he would of been tranny performer in the early 80's...

No?

Besides strong indications of being a pedophile, He clearly has some form of gender dysphoria. But I doubt without his money he would have looked fab nor close to what he has achieved at present! My two cents..

~Kisses.

HTG

Tanuki
06-27-2009, 05:47 AM
http://foreignerinformosa.typepad.com/the_foreigner_in_formosa/2006/03/michael_jackson.html

Tanuki
06-27-2009, 05:49 AM
RIP MICHAEL JACKSON.. GENIUS

TsVanessa69
06-27-2009, 05:58 AM
Its so funny, many times, even as a young child, I always thought Michael was going to transition. The womanly hair styles, nose jobs, eyeliner, love of sequins,
I thought he was going to look like Diana Ross or something. I don't say this to be cruel or funny.
I just got that vibe from him.
And today I was in the store reading a gossip rag and it showed Micheal wearing womans designer wear.
Not in drag, but he was wearing Prada and Dolce and gabanna pieces from the womans line.
Who knows, maybe he surpressed those feelings.
I'm grateful that I had the strength to follow what my heart said and not what society mandates.

alyssats
06-27-2009, 08:11 AM
ohhh my goshhh yeahhh that pic really looks like him
seems he would really like to be a girl also but he just cant do it, so sad

by the way I have many friends in Dubai,Barhain..etc and they said to me Michael Jackson frequently visits there and dress as a girl.
Michael Jackson seems like Arab guys a lot since Arab guys have very macho mentality and you know in bed prefer anal a lot

BLKGSXR
06-27-2009, 08:19 AM
ohhh my goshhh yeahhh that pic really looks like him
seems he would really like to be a girl also but he just cant do it, so sad

by the way I have many friends in Dubai,Barhain..etc and they said to me Michael Jackson frequently visits there and dress as a girl.
Michael Jackson seems like Arab guys a lot since Arab guys have very macho mentality and you know in bed prefer anal a lot I have 100 percent right to deny that last claim lmfao...I already know what your talking abiut the macho mentality thought seen it growing up in this race of people >_< but the following claim is backwards lol :P 8)

SarahG
06-27-2009, 09:57 AM
I think it would be hard to dispute that Jackson and a few other celebrities (I.e. Brian Warner) have obvious gender dysphoria issues going on. IDK if Jackson ever wrote about his feelings on the subject but Warner certainly has.

IDK why either wouldn't transition. Ok, so they're famous and people would go crazy about it, they're treated as freaks anyway and seem to not give a shit what people think or say as it is/was.

eclipsemint
06-27-2009, 10:36 AM
He claimed to be Peter Pan, not Wendy.

MacShreach
06-27-2009, 07:13 PM
He claimed to be Peter Pan, not Wendy.

That's correct. FWIW I doubt if he was actually a paedophile and I certainly doubt if he was transsexual. I think he did have a mental condition, the desire to remain a child, which was in the end very damaging for him and was in his case very marked.

However in MJ's case the desire was far stronger than the usual love of shiny toys and propensity for juvenile behaviour that most men (including me) display and I believe had become pathological, and probably self-exacerbating, in that the more the adult world expressed its disapproval, the more he was driven into the condition. His clear difficulties relating to the adult world, his desperate desire for attention and of course his famous desire to be in social contact with children support this. Even his action of swinging a baby from a balcony was the action of a child, not a normal adult.

The intense desire to remain a child has been quite widely identified in women suffering from anorexia nervosa; I personally think MJ was a case of the same condition.

As to the cause, I have no idea; it is a case where I would defer to behaviourists. I suspect his upbringing had a lot to do with it.

2009AD
06-27-2009, 07:33 PM
However in MJ's case the desire was far stronger than the usual love of shiny toys and propensity for juvenile behaviour that most men (including me) display and I believe had become pathological, and probably self-exacerbating, in that the more the adult world expressed its disapproval, the more he was driven into the condition. His clear difficulties relating to the adult world, his desperate desire for attention and of course his famous desire to be in social contact with children support this. Even his action of swinging a baby from a balcony was the action of a child, not a normal adult.

The intense desire to remain a child has been quite widely identified in women suffering from anorexia nervosa; I personally think MJ was a case of the same condition.

As to the cause, I have no idea; it is a case where I would defer to behaviourists. I suspect his upbringing had a lot to do with it.

Again Mac, very astute observations on your part. We can all agree that MJ had demons, like so many of us. Consider the numerous plastic surgeries and skin lightening treatments he underwent. MJ did not like MJ and wanted to become someone else. MJ could have used some intense therapy, it would have done him good to explore the issues of his less than ideal childhood. It's clear he chose not to seek help. I bet, if he had sought mental help back in the early 80's, he would still be alive today. MJ tried to find happiness by creating a world of make-believe (Neverland) when he should have sought out happiness in the real world.

2009AD
06-27-2009, 08:21 PM
double post

Helvis2012
06-27-2009, 08:25 PM
Not at all. He's just a complex pile of various neuroses.

peggygee
06-27-2009, 10:45 PM

Again Mac, very astute observations on your part. We can all agree that MJ had demons, like so many of us. Consider the numerous plastic surgeries and skin lightening treatments he underwent. MJ did not like MJ and wanted to become someone else. MJ could have used some intense therapy, it would have done him good to explore the issues of his less than ideal childhood. It's clear he chose not to seek help. I bet, if he had sought mental help back in the early 80's, he would still be alive today. MJ tried to find happiness by creating a world of make-believe (Neverland) when he should have sought out happiness in the real world.

At first blush it might appear that Mr. Jackson could have suffered from
gender dysphoria to a degree.

However, my thought is that he was plagued with Body Dysmorphic
Disorder or (BDD), which though some transgendered people experience,
this disorder it is different in it's symptomatology, and it's root cause.

BDD is a preoccupation with an imagined physical defect in appearance or
a vastly exaggerated concern about a minimal defect. The preoccupation
must cause significant impairment in the individual’s life. The individual
thinks about his or her defect for at least an hour per day.

The individual’s obsessive concern most often is concerned with facial
features, hair or odor. The disorder often begins in adolescence, becomes
chronic and leads to a great deal of internal suffering.

Given the numerous surgeries, skin bleaching, onset period of the
changes in his behavior, etc., I feel that his preoccupation was indicative
of BDD.

MacShreach
06-28-2009, 10:39 AM

At first blush it might appear that Mr. Jackson could have suffered from
gender dysphoria to a degree.

However, my thought is that he was plagued with Body Dysmorphic
Disorder or (BDD), which though some transgendered people experience,
this disorder it is different in it's symptomatology, and it's root cause.

BDD is a preoccupation with an imagined physical defect in appearance or
a vastly exaggerated concern about a minimal defect. The preoccupation
must cause significant impairment in the individual’s life. The individual
thinks about his or her defect for at least an hour per day.

The individual’s obsessive concern most often is concerned with facial
features, hair or odor. The disorder often begins in adolescence, becomes
chronic and leads to a great deal of internal suffering.

Given the numerous surgeries, skin bleaching, onset period of the
changes in his behavior, etc., I feel that his preoccupation was indicative
of BDD.

In your suggestion that BDD was more likely than gender dysphoria to be one of the problems MJ had, I agree. His strange feminisation of his face was I think more to do with his famous obsession with looking like Diana Ross, than looking like (or being) a woman. I think the fact that DR is a woman was incidental to this.

However, the number of witness reports strongly suggest another obsession, with Peter Pan and the idea of everlasting childhood. It is not uncommon for the desire to remain a child to be associated with other disorders; as I said, it is often associated with eating disorders in women, so in MJ's case it could have been associated with BDD.

exstudent
07-01-2009, 02:02 AM
rest in peace. he seemed like a gentle man. I don't think he was gay.

BrendaQG
07-01-2009, 03:47 AM
I have a theory that Michael Jackson was in fact a castrato. (http://www.scientificblogging.com/quantum_gravity/blog/michael_jackson_castrato_comparing_jackson_great_s inger_past_who_was#comment-17919)

Castrati (http://www.scientificblogging.com/quantum_gravity/blog/michael_jackson_castrato_comparing_jackson_great_s inger_past_who_was#comment-17919) were a class of male opera singer who's talent for singing was noticed as young boys. The were castrated, usually willingly, to prevent the breaking of the voice. The resultant voice would have the pitch and flexibility of a female voice, with the breath and power of a male voice. Sometimes but not often such people were not castrated physically but various conditions lead to their not going through puberty.

I think that is what happened to Michael. I know I am no doctor of medicine, however I think you should check out my argument in the link above. The gist of it is that his voice was not merely falsetto, in a side by side comparison it's more like a womans than a mans. His lifelstyle and eccentricity seems to be similar to the castrati of old. (including jokes about his gender behavior). With the cause of his "castration" being the same root cause of his vitiligo. I don't think Joe would castrate him just to make a buck even in Michale wanted it. :-/ :-? It is just speculation and circumstantial evidence.

stillies77
07-01-2009, 04:26 AM
Here is DCGUY the minute he came up with this thread...

http://i18.tinypic.com/6h2p6qr.gif

Merkurie
08-14-2009, 01:01 AM
Gotta respond to this one... Did MJ have gender issues? IMHO Hell yeah.

He went as far as I think he could go without crossing over. Its been right in our faces for years that we just chalked it up to his being Micheal Jackson. I remember when he and Lisa Marie were interviewed by Barbara Walters and they looked like 3 white women on TV (no disrespect).

All of the previous points: body dimorphism, wanting to remain preadolecent, objectificaton of Diana Ross, even the Peter Pan thing(the character is always performed by a woman btw), all point in the same direction. Wanting to either be or feeling as if female, feminine or non masculine. Take your pick. But because of a host of factors he probably felt he could or would not transition.

MJ was not only world famous and clearly did not want to stop being a star, but he was also in that age group were sexual freedom was blossoming all around him but gender dimorphisim was/is still highly suspect by the world at large. So even though he had all the money he could only bring himself to go so far. That alone can drive you nuts.

Castrato? I'd have no problem beliving that at all. In fact it would also answer alot of questions too.

Michael Jackson rest in Peace.

dc_guy_75
08-14-2009, 01:06 AM
Here is DCGUY the minute he came up with this thread...

http://i18.tinypic.com/6h2p6qr.gif

How'd you get footage of my birthday party?