PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks he crossed the line?

BLKGSXR
06-16-2009, 08:36 AM
I personally think he has all the right and no blame is given to letterman but I also think Sarah Pain in the ass palin is one of the stupidest people on this planet sooo...Just what yall think about his remarks...

http://tv.yahoo.com/the-late-show-with-david-letterman/show/31647/news/urn:newsml:tv.ap.org:20090616:us_tv_letterman_pali n__ER:1358

SarahG
06-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Letterman could make fun of anyone and get away with it.

But, I kinda think the only reason why this is a story is because it involves Palin. If this had been anyone else I doubt there would have been any outcry.

Beagle
06-16-2009, 08:53 AM
you can best believe if some comic made those comments about michelle obama looking like a hooker or the obama children there would have been an outcry.

it was a cheap shot at palin. if you want to joke about her (which he did) it's one thing. but to make those comments about her children was sleazy.

if you dont like palin's politics, agenda or opinions then call her out. but leave the sleaze and the kids out of it.

BLKGSXR
06-16-2009, 08:55 AM
you can best believe if some comic made those comments about michelle obama looking like a hooker or the obama children there would have been an outcry.

it was a cheap shot at palin. if you want to joke about her (which he did) it's one thing. but to make those comments about her children was sleazy.

if you dont like palin's politics, agenda or opinions then call her out. but leave the sleaze and the kids out of it. dude her kids are twats IMO-... here you go for fun... http://palinaspresident.us/

Felicia Katt
06-16-2009, 09:23 AM
its fake outrage for her own political purposes

from the Huffington Post

Late-night comics Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien have all made more jokes about Bristol's pregnancy without incurring the wrath of Palin and others.

According to the Washington Post, through mid-March Leno had made 15 jokes and O'Brien made 20 jokes at Bristol's expense, compared to 8 for Letterman.

The Post adds that Palin even appeared on "Saturday Night Live" after the show performed a skit joking about incest in her family, with comic Bobby Moynihan quipping, "Uhhh -- what about the husband? You KNOW he's doing those daughters! I mean, come on! It's Alaska!"

FK

laoda8
06-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Plus he was obviously referring to bristol who everyone wants to bang anyway. Palin put her out in the spotlight for her agenda when she got pregnant so why not use this opportunity.

Falrune
06-16-2009, 10:17 AM
He crossed the line. Regardless of one's feelings toward the Palins, you just don't subject kids (either 14 or 18 year olds) to that kind of crude remarks from a pulpit on national TV.

SarahG
06-16-2009, 10:25 AM
He crossed the line. Regardless of one's feelings toward the Palins, you just don't subject kids (either 14 or 18 year olds) to that kind of crude remarks from a pulpit on national TV.

18 year olds aren't kids.

Felicia Katt
06-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Teenage moms also shouldn't be abstinence spokespersons either. Hypocrisy is not a family value.

FK

SarahG
06-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Teenage moms also shouldn't be abstinence spokespersons either. Hypocrisy is not a family value.

FK

But it is a prerequisite for entering politics.

Falrune
06-16-2009, 11:23 AM

Youngsters. An adult should try to treat our youth with a bit more care. Even 18 year olds are pretty fragile and to be mocked before the nation would be tough on anyone, let alone an 18 year old. There are plenty enough other targets.

Intrepid
06-16-2009, 11:49 AM
He crossed the line and he realizes it.

Falrune
06-16-2009, 12:27 PM
He crossed the line and he realizes it.

yup. His Monday apology was redeeming, and I give him credit for a really decent apology.

------------------Letterman's apology--------------------

"I had, honestly, no idea that the 14-year-old girl, I had no idea that anybody was at the ball game except the governor, and I was told at the time she was there with Rudy Giuliani," Letterman said (direct video link). "It’s not your fault that it was misunderstood, it’s my fault. ... So I would like to apologize, especially to the two daughters involved, Bristol and Willow, and also to the governor and her family and everybody else who was outraged by the joke."

"I understand, of course, why people are upset; I would be upset myself," Letterman said. "I’m sorry about it and I’ll try to do better in the future."

Crawler
06-16-2009, 01:23 PM
I personally think he has all the right and no blame is given to letterman but I also think Sarah Pain in the ass palin is one of the stupidest people on this planet sooo...Just what yall think about his remarks...

http://tv.yahoo.com/the-late-show-with-david-letterman/show/31647/news/urn:newsml:tv.ap.org:20090616:us_tv_letterman_pali n__ER:1358

It's late night television. We're adults. Palin's daughter is a skank and over 17. She's loathsome. She's just barking to get a headline because she's entirely talentless and has the brain of a retarded cheerleader. I hope he does a bit with her and a strap on with the Pope, screaming "confess you were a teen Nazi!!!"

Instrumental
06-16-2009, 01:50 PM
As a comedian it's his job to make fun of people and so his comments should have been taken in stride and brushed off without note. It's not like he's a politician in direct competition with Palin. It's not like he's a journalist or reporter whose credibility relies on journalistic integrity. He's a friggin comedian he takes digs at people. Palin needs to get over it, hell if I were her kid I'd be embarrassed at all the uproar she's making about it.

deee757
06-16-2009, 02:08 PM
I think the 14 year old is off limits for ridicule. As far as the 18 year old i thick she has to take the positive with the negative. The Bush girls (Jebs daughters) get slammed all the time and there is never a public outcry.

Falrune
06-16-2009, 02:27 PM
This is a done deal. He's already apologized and said he'd have been upset too. So come on, he already has said he was in the wrong so let's just let it be.

flabbybody
06-16-2009, 04:45 PM
its fake outrage for her own political purposes

from the Huffington Post

Late-night comics Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien have all made more jokes about Bristol's pregnancy without incurring the wrath of Palin and others.

According to the Washington Post, through mid-March Leno had made 15 jokes and O'Brien made 20 jokes at Bristol's expense, compared to 8 for Letterman.

The Post adds that Palin even appeared on "Saturday Night Live" after the show performed a skit joking about incest in her family, with comic Bobby Moynihan quipping, "Uhhh -- what about the husband? You KNOW he's doing those daughters! I mean, come on! It's Alaska!"

FK

the real issue is Letterman's lack of humor. I mean the guy is just not funny or talented
Leno kicked his ass and Conan makes me laugh just looking at him

unfunny jokes that insult people come off as mean spirited

bte
06-16-2009, 05:54 PM
The joke was about Palin going to the ballgame with her daughter and the daughter getting knocked up by A. Rod. The 14 year old is the one that went to the ballgame and not the 18 year old. I think the joke was in poor taste and why make jokes about the kids? If you disagree with Palin then make jokes about her. The kids shouldn't even be a factor in the jokes. When Clinton was president, he didn't like for anyone to talk about his daughter and journalists respected him for that and didn't include his daughter.

Everyone saying that what Letterman said was a joke, but when Imus made that comment (about the nappy headed hos) then everyone wanted to crucify him and whatnot.

I don't like Palin, but I think she is hot. I think she is stupid on a few things but attack her and not the kids.

gunner55
06-16-2009, 05:56 PM

if you dont like palin's politics, agenda or opinions then call her out. but leave the sleaze and the kids out of it.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Being a so-called "comedian", one would think that David Letterman would know better than most, what is and what isn't funny, or what is and what isn't fair game. Don Imus was fired for a lot less.

gunner55
06-16-2009, 06:01 PM

When they are yours they are!

chefmike
06-16-2009, 07:14 PM
When Clinton was president, he didn't like for anyone to talk about his daughter and journalists respected him for that and didn't include his daughter.

Maybe not journalists but...

Rush Limbaugh: "Everyone knows the Clintons have a cat. Socks is the White House cat. But did you know there is a White House dog?" Limbaugh put up a picture of Chelsea Clinton. At the time, Chelsea Clinton was 13 years old. Rush also said, "In last year's campaign, the most prominent, articulate voice for standard run-of-the-mill good old-fashioned American conservatism was Sarah Palin." Calling a young teenager a "dog" can't be helpful to her "self-esteem." Where is the apology from the leader of the GOP?

"Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno."--John McCain, Sarah Palin's running mate. Should McCain apologize to every young woman in America?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shannyn-moore/top-10-reasons-sarah-pali_b_215468.html

trish
06-16-2009, 07:23 PM
During the Clinton administration John McCain told this joke:

"Why is Chelsea so ugly?
Because her father's Janet Reno."

Where's McCain's apology?

Why are republicans such hypocrites?
They aren't, they just have short memories.

fred41
06-16-2009, 07:29 PM
McCain did apologize for the remark.

fred41
06-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Personally, I think it's all a non-issue but it does give free publicity to all the parties involved. I think the only reason Lettermen's getting any hate over this is because over the years, he's come across as a smug asshole.

trish
06-16-2009, 07:35 PM
And so did Letterman. So what's the fuss?

fred41
06-16-2009, 07:43 PM
And so did Letterman. So what's the fuss?

I don't know..it should be over with.

trish
06-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Because the Clinton's had the good graces and the common sense to protect their daughter and accept the apology. Palin is milking the publicity for all it's worth at both her daughter's expense.

fred41
06-16-2009, 07:50 PM
Because the Clinton's had the good graces and the common sense to protect their daughter and accept the apology. Palin is milking the publicity for all it's worth at both her daughter's expense.

I agree...she should have taken the higher road..but I guess she's incapable of that.

bte
06-16-2009, 08:28 PM

I agree...she should have taken the higher road..but I guess she's incapable of that.

She accepted the apology of Letterman.

fred41
06-16-2009, 08:37 PM

...and so ends another thread. :)

slip969
06-16-2009, 09:13 PM
=but I also think Sarah Pain in the ass palin is one of the stupidest people on this planet sooo...

Apparently someone is even more stupid. :roll:

gimmeurblood
06-16-2009, 09:37 PM
I dont really care about letterman but seriously...fuck the kids...they get too much attention already. ooooh making fun of a 14 year old. do any of you actually remember high school. cuz i know when i was 14 i got some brutal shit said to me and lettermans remarks didnt have a kick to the butt following it

cookiepuss
06-16-2009, 10:22 PM
Lame joke by a lame by a lame person, about a lame person. :smh

trish
06-17-2009, 01:39 AM

Yeah, I just saw that. In the same breath she implied our troops were currently fighting for our first amendment right to free speech. Way to hit the talking points Sarah. :lol: Though it's a little scary to think our freedom of speech hangs by a thread in Afghanistan.

Dirky
06-17-2009, 02:28 AM

Now she'll have to find another 'issue' in order to stay in the limelight. Palin is such a fraud. If I was a Republican, I'd be so embarrassed by her.

BLKGSXR
06-17-2009, 02:31 AM
=but I also think Sarah Pain in the ass palin is one of the stupidest people on this planet sooo...

Apparently someone is even more stupid. :roll:looks so Nice grammar douchebag

Dirky
06-17-2009, 02:39 AM
Lettermen did right by stressing the joke wasn't about little Willow and apologizing for not making that point clear enough. It was a low blow but that's what his top ten lists usually are - cheap shots and cheap laughs. But that's all he had to apologize for and nothing more.

Now it's Palin's turn to apologize for implying Letterman's a pedophile (like that's gonna happen!)

Kramer
06-17-2009, 02:58 AM
Letterman is a typical liberal piece of garbage/shit! :evil:

We all know if Obama's little future hookas were trashed like that, the person would be axed for life!

scubaman
06-17-2009, 04:00 AM

Need I remind you that it was the Palins that thrust their daughter onto the pulpit on national TV at the Republican convention with her then fiance.

Dirky
06-17-2009, 04:14 AM

Need I remind you that it was the Palins that thrust their daughter onto the pulpit on national TV at the Republican convention with her then fiance.

The fiance that got the boot not even three months after the election. I was shocked! :lol:

Like I said before, Palin and her goofy family are frauds. But who cares when she's HOT, right!

Falrune
06-17-2009, 05:34 AM

This does not make children fair game.

Letterman already apologized and admitted he was in the wrong. And, although some people may cynically view this whole affair as Letterman trying to improve his ratings over Conan O'Brien on NBC and possibly embarrassing NBC political commentators such as Keith Olberman, I view this as a sincere apology from a person who was big enough to know when he was in the wrong.

alyssats
06-17-2009, 06:01 AM
After watching all his jokes to Sarah Palin, ive noticed most American guys like calling girls hoe or slut. I always here it from them calling any girls those words. Does American guys find it funny to call a girl a hoe or slut? What if their sister or mother is being called hoe or slut by other guys?

BLKGSXR
06-17-2009, 08:14 AM
After watching all his jokes to Sarah Palin, ive noticed most American guys like calling girls hoe or slut. I always here it from them calling any girls those words. Does American guys find it funny to call a girl a hoe or slut? What if their sister or mother is being called hoe or slut by other guys?No one usually thinks this way, which is bad But Im glad you brought it up...I think its because we as men believe we are always right-that bravado shall we say to be right and never wrong that to call someone HOE or SLUT that they must mean it and they dont think of consequences.

droog
06-17-2009, 09:14 AM
Lame joke by a lame by a lame person, about a lame person. :smh

people actually watch letterman? conan ftw imo.... at least if he made the jokes, they would be funny.

JackLovesTSs
06-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Palin does look like a slutty airline attendant, and her daughter is a slut. Truth hurts.

droog
06-17-2009, 09:22 AM
Palin does look like a slutty airline attendant
ha, she does!!

Helvis2012
06-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Only a moron needs to think about this dumb shit.

gunner55
06-17-2009, 07:11 PM

Somehow, I just can't put much stock in a single sentence that contains the words "Clinton's", "good graces" and "common sence". Sorry.

hippifried
06-17-2009, 07:19 PM
It's all just media pork.

trish
06-17-2009, 08:44 PM

Somehow, I just can't put much stock in a single sentence that contains the words "Clinton's", "good graces" and "common sence". Sorry.

Well gee, I guess the Clinton's just couldn't think of any great come-backs, like Sarah Palin has. They wanted to use the occasion to hit all the liberal talking points but the media just wasn't giving them any coverage. Is that how you see it gunner?