PDA

View Full Version : Thundercats movie coming this summer

RubyTS
06-13-2009, 05:47 PM
A couple of big names, but the trailer looks corny. Im not really feelin cheetara's look either

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOrcRSNsnew

sucka4chix
06-13-2009, 05:59 PM
A couple of big names, but the trailer looks corny. Im not really feelin cheetara's look either

How could it be anything BUT corny. It was an awful cartoon (and this is from a guy who rushed home to see it every day!) They never did anything, but that damn music was going crazy like some awesome beat down was happening. Mumra was hilarious. Snarf-- irritating!

RubyTS
06-13-2009, 06:09 PM
LMFAO!

icarus2112
06-13-2009, 06:28 PM
Thats pretty funny actually.

Legend
06-13-2009, 07:13 PM

lol, that is fake.I'm looking forward to the real movie though.

icarus2112
06-13-2009, 07:19 PM
I was appreciating the re make with makeup on existing movie clips.

fred41
06-13-2009, 07:20 PM

How could it be anything BUT corny. It was an awful cartoon (and this is from a guy who rushed home to see it every day!) They never did anything, but that damn music was going crazy like some awesome beat down was happening. Mumra was hilarious. Snarf-- irritating!

Agreed....funny "fake" trailer though.

FruitTree
06-13-2009, 07:42 PM
Is it just me or is Vin Diesel perfect for Panthro

lmao

sucka4chix
06-13-2009, 08:02 PM

lmao
Ha Ha. They all seemed perfect, but Panthro was the most boring of them all (in the cartoon).
Anyone ever see the clips from Robot Chicken? Too funny.

tsntx
06-13-2009, 08:06 PM

lmao
Ha Ha. They all seemed perfect, but Panthro was the most boring of them all (in the cartoon).

which is why that douche would be perfect for the part

boring ass douche of an actor

Legend
06-13-2009, 08:13 PM

lmao

He was good in pitch black.

sellmysoul
06-13-2009, 09:44 PM

I was all excited, but then I realized the trailer don't look quite right. I hear they are making a CGI movie for Thundercats, which kinda sucks, because a live-action Vin Diesel as Panthro would be awesome! But who to play Cheetara? Ruby??

jaycanuck
06-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Not bad for a fan made thing. Seems everyone's doing these now. I liked the Green Lantern one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hTiRnqnvDs

Nashvegas
06-13-2009, 10:00 PM
used to love this show! but when they make a real movie it will be way better than that looks

tsslutboy
06-13-2009, 10:09 PM
LOL! Ill watch it i loved the cartoon when i was a kid.

Clind
06-13-2009, 10:56 PM
yeap ,,,fake,,, i saw the following movies: TROY, X MEN 3(i think), STARGATE "legend" can help in this

icarus2112
06-13-2009, 11:21 PM
yeap ,,,fake,,, i saw the following movies: TROY, X MEN 3(i think), STARGATE "legend" can help in this

Yes definitely Troy, Wolverine from X-Men 3(pretty sure 3) Vin Diesel from one of the Riddick movies, and I think the girl is from a Sci Fi channel series, Babylon 5? maybe, not sure. The old guy at beginning of trailer might be the knight guarding the holy grail from one of the Indiana Jones movies (2? or 3?).

Legend
06-13-2009, 11:22 PM
That cheetara footage was from farscape.

icarus2112
06-13-2009, 11:28 PM
Bingo... Farscape I just remembered theres some Planet Of The Apes shots and beginning to think Wilycat shots are from Jessica Alba's Dark Angel tv series? clips too short to really ID though.

Bee
06-13-2009, 11:54 PM
Yeah, fake.. Its a fan-made video.
But its a really good one!

Silcc69
06-13-2009, 11:56 PM
Do we really need this to be a movie?

BLKGSXR
06-13-2009, 11:58 PM
worried another antsy director will fuck another movie up?

Silcc69
06-14-2009, 12:10 AM
No there isn't much to fuck up with this series just that Thundercats hit it's peak in the 80's and never ever came back other than reruns on Cartoon Network and Sci-Fi. And somethings don't really translate well to the big screen.

BLKGSXR
06-14-2009, 12:12 AM
No there isn't much to fuck up with this series just that Thundercats hit it's peak in the 80's and never ever came back other than reruns on Cartoon Network and Sci-Fi. And somethings don't really translate well to the big screen.I guess...I guess I could say the same for He-Man and the Masters of the Universe...Dont see it becoming a movie Ever....

Silcc69
06-14-2009, 12:23 AM
ARe you being sarcastic? As they made a Masters of the Universe movies years ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ceERPc3pyw

I haven't seen it since I was a kid but it doesn't look like it aged well.

FruitTree
06-14-2009, 12:25 AM
The reason Thundercats isn't repeated is because it was always putting across a message to children

Children are different these days and it comes across just a wee bit patronising

I do still think though that done right, ala Transformers, it could be a bloody great film

Fruitree - 80's cartoon connoisseur

BLKGSXR
06-14-2009, 12:27 AM
ARe you being sarcastic? As they made a Masters of the Universe movies years ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ceERPc3pyw

I haven't seen it since I was a kid but it doesn't look like it aged well.I mean with the technology they have these days...I shouldve been more descriptive.

Silcc69
06-14-2009, 12:30 AM
From a fans perspective Transformers was terrible other than having great special effects the storyline was ruined. And the movie was very unrealistic at times.

BLKGSXR
06-14-2009, 12:32 AM
From a fans perspective Transformers was terrible other than having great special effects the storyline was ruined. And the movie was very unrealistic at times.Finally someone who sees the Light..lol-The Beast wars saga would have been a lot better.

Silcc69
06-14-2009, 12:44 AM
I was never really a fan of BW I heard they had great stories. But other than G1 cartoon I haven't dealt with anything else with TF. Though I have been watching Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory and the Japanese take on Transformers is interesting to say the least.

tommymageeshemales2
06-14-2009, 01:25 AM

Yes definitely Troy, Wolverine from X-Men 3(pretty sure 3) Vin Diesel from one of the Riddick movies, and I think the girl is from a Sci Fi channel series, Babylon 5? maybe, not sure. The old guy at beginning of trailer might be the knight guarding the holy grail from one of the Indiana Jones movies (2? or 3?).

Spotted Planet of the Apes in there too.

Nashvegas
06-14-2009, 01:27 AM
transformers was always my favorite, the movie wasnt great, but the effects and lets not forget megan fox, made it watchable.

FruitTree
06-14-2009, 01:34 AM
I loved TF, thought it was a great film, can't wait for the next

They're making a new Masters of The Universe movie soon I'm sure

Kabuki
06-14-2009, 08:04 AM
LOL... Did anyone recognize the clips from Aliens and Stargate? If I was bored, I could probably figure out where all the clips came from. I love sci-fi films.

FREEFALLL666
06-14-2009, 09:03 AM

lmao

He was good in pitch black.And the Iron Giant cartoon..

hal3000
06-14-2009, 12:46 PM
Cool fake job.....

pantybulge69
06-18-2009, 07:37 AM

lol, that is fake.I'm looking forward to the real movie though.

i think it's a fake fan-made trailer but there has been some talk of making a live action movie. just talks so far and a green light has
not been given yet. VOLTRON has to come out soon before Thundercat will. But with so many of the popular, oldie cartoons being re-born into live action films, we could very much see a Thundercats movie.
All depends upon the marketing, director, screenwriters and CGI special effects to start.

the G.I. Joe movie will be a smash hit. Very popular cartoon hit back in
the dayz and the trailers for it look simply AWESOME!

wadeintheslade
06-20-2009, 07:58 AM

lmao

boring ass douche of an actorEh, I liked him in Find Me Guilty (although the movie itself was a mess) and though his voice acting in Iron Giant was minimal it was still interesting. I think he's jest been unlucky enough to have been pigeonholed as a gear head macho JCVD type.

liisawinklergirl
06-20-2009, 03:17 PM
wow a thundercats movie...i will be so anticipating this!!

LTR_Seeker
06-20-2009, 03:38 PM
i think its too fantasy to be live action in my opnion i think gci be good for it

BLKGSXR
06-20-2009, 03:39 PM
i think its too fantasy to be live action in my opnion i think gci be good for itIt will better in CGI-like Final fantasy 7 advent children....Badass movie :D

LTR_Seeker
06-20-2009, 03:41 PM
Welcome to Ha Lisa

liisawinklergirl
06-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Welcome to Ha Lisa

thank u :)

ive been around here as liisawinkler or winklergirl....i have too many IDs i know .... both of those have been hacked...

LTR_Seeker
06-20-2009, 03:55 PM
cool

sdman
07-27-2010, 10:57 AM
LOL xxxxx

Legend
07-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Its really sad the guy who created thundercats was recently murdered.