View Full Version : RIP, Octavia St. Laurent

NYCe
05-19-2009, 04:51 PM
RIP, Octavia St. Laurent
Another icon has been dimmed. Octavia St. Laurent, who was one of the stars of Jennie Livingston's seminal 1990 voguing documentary Paris Is Burning and who more recently graced Wolfgang Busch's update film How Do I Look, passed away on the 17th. I'm waiting on details, but in the meantime let me tell you that Octavia radiated sheer sweetness as she pursued modeling, singing, and activism, all with the glow of a goddess.

Wolfgang Busch just sent me his sentiments on this loss, and I want you to read them while striking a pose of real sadness:

"GOODBYE TO MY LIL JEFFREY, A.K.A 'OCTAVIA ST. LAURENT BLAHNIK'. I FIRST LAID EYES ON OCTAVIA AS OCTAVIA IN 1982. SHE WALKED AGAINST THE ICONS, MARGO PRINCESS, DORAY PRINCESS, AND SHE BATTLED THE LIKES OF ICON TENNEILLE REID DUPREE, PAMELA CARTIER, ETC. OCTAVIA WAS A WINNER. SHE NEVER GAVE UP. SHE IS NOW WITH HER DAD AND HE LOVED HER SO VERY MUCH. MY CONDOLENCES TO HER MOMS. FROM PARIS IS BURNING TO THE MAURY POVICH SHOW AND TO HOW DO I LOOK, WE WILL ALWAYS TREASURE AND REMEMBER THE LIFETIME ACHIEVER/ ICON OCTAVIA.............

WALKING FACE IN HEAVEN WITH THE ANGELS."