PDA

View Full Version : Dole Salad in a Bag

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
10-04-2005, 12:57 AM
Dole issued a statement saying their Salads in a bag possibly have ecoli in them, just letting you all know, never know who purchases what........

p.s. Blame this on the Bush Administration too haters..............trying to kill off those that are trying to eat healthy (LMAO J/K)

brickcitybrother
10-04-2005, 12:58 AM
Oh no - here come the attorneys!

chefmike
10-04-2005, 04:07 AM
Dole issued a statement saying their Salads in a bag possibly have ecoli in them, just letting you all know, never know who purchases what........

p.s. Blame this on the Bush Administration too haters..............trying to kill off those that are trying to eat healthy (LMAO J/K)

Well...JWBL...since you brought it up...If you're eating healthy veggies, you're buying from your local organic farmers...not the migrant/slave labor corporations that have ruined farming in this country...bush lets his flunkies handle screwing up the environment (even further), he's too pre-occupied with the neocon agenda in the middle east, to worry about trivial shit like the earth...

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
10-04-2005, 04:14 AM
how many years left of this asshole do we have to suffer under?!?

TgirlloverinPA
10-04-2005, 04:26 AM
Well that all depends. Seems the republican party is beginning to seal its own fate. The democratic ads for the NJ governor's race are already comparing the republican candidate to bush. DeLay now has 3 indictments against him and the ohter one, can't remember his name is going to face a trial in NY. Tenesee republicans tend not to do so well in the big apple. The mid term congressional elections are coming up and it looks like things are looking bad for the neocons. So, with some lessons learned by the dems (hopefully) the republican majority in congress will be over and therefore the "bush agenda". And maybe we can get things back on track. Well, not that the dems are really any better, just different and a little more palatable to me.

chefmike
10-04-2005, 04:29 AM
It's possible brother jeb shrub could get the GOP nod next election...and the dems are in total disarray... with hillary and bubba hellbent on returning to the white house...which will never happen...and no third party canditates that are electible or viable...just make sure you got plenty of provisions in your bunker, amigo...

http://www.chiefbloggingofficer.com/images/thmpson-never-weird-enough.jpg

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
10-04-2005, 04:56 AM
never say never
Hillary playing stringed puppet to Bill in the wings pulling the strings can always be a possibility

hwbs
10-04-2005, 05:04 AM
damm i used to try to buy that dole salad....but after the first dayi would forget about it and it would go bad.....i stick to stir fry veggies these days...

Canucklehead
10-04-2005, 05:12 AM
Unfortunately I don't think America is ready to elect a woman. I don't want to sound like a sexist asshole, but I think that there are too many rednecks who will vote (some for the first time) just to make sure that there is not a female President.

Personally, I think the best candidate IS the best candidate regardless of gender or ethnicity.

Jason
10-04-2005, 05:21 AM
ok, that's just gross about the salad! I wonder how are they getting away w/that? Anyway thanks for the info about that.

TgirlloverinPA
10-04-2005, 05:24 AM
Normally I would take offense at a "farranerr" meddling in our internal political affairs, but in this case I happen to agree with our neighbour from the north. Hillary is not a viable candidate at this time. And I hope she has the good sense to realize that and steps aside. Being a former NYC resident, she's a very good representative and I think she should continue on in that role.

Look, we have to realise that Americans are not an enlightened people, generally speaking.

Don't know what I'm trying to say here, just that I hope we get a decent candidate that can take the neocons. The only way we can do that is by being active in the political process. Letters to the DNC and even RNC will help alot. But for the gods' sakes get out there and vote.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
10-04-2005, 06:08 AM
whoa, Hillary hasn't thrown her hat in the mix for the role, it just came up in this thread
to be honest I agree with you but when you have tabloids doing polls that say things like "Oprah Winfrey would win against GWB Jr." if they were to vote today you have to consider the fact that anything is possible. Let's be honest there's alot of women in this country, you give them a reason to vote a female into the big seat...............

LG
10-04-2005, 10:28 AM
TgirlloverinPA wrote:
Normally I would take offense at a "farranerr" meddling in our internal political affairs

Interesting. Nothing personal Tgirllover, and I presume, and hope, you wrote the above words partly in jest, but hasn't the US always meddled in internal political affairs of other nations? As a European, I too take offence at how America has repeatedly tried to bully the EU into doing things (such as lifting the moratorium on the approval of new varieties of genetically modified crops and over GM food labelling legislation, altering its policies towards China and Iran, limiting the jurisdiction of the International Criminal Court to exlude US nationals, opening negotiation talks with EU candidate Turkey, changing regulations that would make chemicals safer and so on....need I go on?). Thankfully the EU has often stood firm.

The US has worked (often behind the scenes but sometimes quite openly) to overthrow governments or elect its chosen ones, to support military regimes and dictatorships or to simply stick its nose in a national conflict it had no business in, in nations all around the world, such as in Nicaragua, Cuba, Russia, Laos, Grenada, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Guatemala, Vietnam and so on...need I go on here? Read fellow Pennsylvania native Noam Chomsky to find out more and to hear it all from an American rather than a "farranerr".

Don't get me wrong, Tgirllover, I enjoy travelling to the US, I like the American people (you're just so genuinely friendly, especially in those small towns), I love what America is supposed to stand for (y'know, "all men were created equal", "liberty and justice for all" and all that), but I just had to say something. No offence intended.

In any case, Oprah, suggested by Michael Moore, would make a far better President if the US elects a woman to be Commander in Chief (and if she stood, she'd probably win too).

But to get to the point, about the salad, the FDA warning relates to salads produced, and presumably consumed, two weeks ago. The salads that were linked to the E. coli outbreak in Minnesota had use by dates of 22 Sept and 23 Sept. I doubt anyone who bought them still has them. And if you have a 2 week old salad in your fridge and decide to sit down and eat it you probably deserve everything you get.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
10-04-2005, 10:49 AM
YO JWBL...YOU CAN TOSS MY SALAD ANYTIME.......

WHATS UP MY BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER...SEE YA SOON

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA