View Full Version : Beeeeeeeep (PC Problem)

hondarobot
10-04-2005, 12:20 AM
Hey, I know there's tons of computer geeks on this board, so here's a question:

I've been trying to start my "general use" PC, and it gives me that first beep, then a long beep, then powers down. Soyo Dragon kt333 mobo, Award bios.

Did the CMOS clear, still not working. I'm just tired right now and looking for an easy solution, if anyone has got one.

brickcitybrother
10-04-2005, 12:35 AM
Check the PC Memory, then check the power supply. Finally, since I am sure you checked to see if the motherboard was seated properly ... pull it out - clean the connections and re-install.

hondarobot
10-04-2005, 12:42 AM
Thanks brickcity, I'm sure I'll end up trouble shooting the whole damn machine tomarrow. What a hassle. Not doing it tonight.

I was mostly curious if anyone happened to know what that specific beep code was. I haven't encountered it before. I could google it or find the manual or go to the Soyo site, but I'd rather just drink beer right now.

:)

Vicki Richter
10-04-2005, 12:49 AM
I think I would recommend just pulling and reseating your memory, video, and CPU. Obviously if that doesn't work you have a bad component. Do you see anything on the screen when it is beeping?

Since I can't really hear it, here you go:

http://pcsupport.about.com/cs/motherboardcpu/a/beepcodes.htm

http://www.techadvice.com/tech/B/BeepCode.htm

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
10-04-2005, 12:50 AM
not familiar with Soyo but if the board has been in place for a long time that might be a ram problem, could be the power supply, they are never constant with a diagnosis, either way a cheap fix

hondarobot
10-04-2005, 12:54 AM
Thanks Vicki and JWBL, I'm sure it's something simple, but I just don't want to deal with anything tonight. I'll get on it tomarrow after work.

LG
10-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Check out the Soyo troubleshooter. It could be something unrelated to the memory like the system overheating. Then again, I'm no expert.

http://www.soyo.com.tw/support/assis_guide.php

Let us know how it works out.

magicone
10-04-2005, 12:01 PM
Make sure the jumpers are set properly.

HotAdamXXX
10-05-2005, 06:57 AM
Its Not a Video Problem if the PC Itself Powers Off/Down.
Most Likely Bad Power Supply <---
Otherwise Replace the BIOS Battery, Troubleshoot the Motherboard/Memory

shelby amara
10-05-2005, 07:15 AM
I need to know exactly what happend from day one.
I mean everything.

can you get to the bios?
if yes than you still can save the pc

check the power supply it could on it's way out.

check the fan for the CPU if it is not working it will cause it to shut down.

make sure the ram is good

check the mother board for leaks in the capacitors "round cylinders" usually you will find brow or white acid like material on it. if this is the case get a new mother board.

InHouston
10-05-2005, 04:49 PM
Press [F1]

Just kidding. :wink:

bananix
10-05-2005, 05:54 PM
wow a tgirl who knows about computers...i think i have a little crush :oops: