PDA

View Full Version : What you've learned...

clarknog
04-17-2009, 09:54 PM
Esquire Magazine has a section called “What I’ve Learned”. It is basically celebrities, political figures and other personalities reflecting on the things life has taught them. I am curious as to what you guys have learned to this point in your lives. List a few. I will start us off...

1. It is very easy to be prejudiced against groups of people. It is nearly impossible to be prejudiced against an individual.

2. Being short in stature is not the hindrance some make it out to be. Being short on personality however, is hard to overcome.

3. Keep a pen and paper handy when listening to the radio. You never know what gems you will be reminded of and need to download... Then prepare to delete over 75% of them. Hearing “Rapper’s Delight” one time is pretty much enough.

4. If it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it can be anything due to Photoshop.

Clark - No glasses

jaycanuck
04-17-2009, 10:12 PM
I think I learned this one... trust no one.

I say I think because I'm very trusting and I'm trying to reprogram myself. It's difficult.

Ts CinthyaNY
04-18-2009, 12:02 AM
I think I learned this one... trust no one.

I say I think because I'm very trusting and I'm trying to reprogram myself. It's difficult.

+1 ... How hard is to get to that point, sigh :?

Love ...
Cinthya.

Fox
04-18-2009, 12:13 AM
Among many things, I've learned that physical beauty ain't everything. As campy and cliché as it sounds, a fantastic personality can make a not so attractive person... attractive. At least to some degree. ;)

MacShreach
04-18-2009, 03:20 AM
I can't do plumbing. I burn my fingers.

What? You wanted something all metaphysical, like?

I'll get back to you.

jjhill
04-18-2009, 03:56 AM
Still tongues can't tell lies ( some wine-o in front of a liquor store told me that about 8 years ago)

Fox
04-18-2009, 03:59 AM
Still tongues can't tell lies ( some wine-o in front of a liquor store told me that about 8 years ago)

Haha... winos, the corner sages. :lol:

jjhill
04-18-2009, 04:03 AM

Haha... winos, the corner sages. :lol:

gotta love them lol

Instrumental
04-18-2009, 04:08 AM
Yeah, I'm not very trusting of people myself can't really ever remember myself being the kind of person to trust others or at least not be skeptical of it.

Another thing I've learned is to not try to please everyone (not just because it's impossible but because it leaves you miserable) and not to worry what others think of you.

Don't stress over things that are out of your control. I've always been a laidback person so this is less of something I've learned and more of a mindset I've always had.

On that note, don't get your hopes up about things that are out of your control either.

Carry a camera on me at all times because the best pictures I take are the ones I don't plan on taking.

That's all I've got for now.

jjhill
04-18-2009, 04:12 AM
its a recession when its your neighbor, its a depression when its you. I heard that from my pops

Jericho
04-18-2009, 05:30 AM
What you've learned...

Expect nothing...You'll rarely be disappointed.

And don't bet someone you can drink a bottle of Chili sauce.
Even if you win, you're going to pay for it...At least twice! :oops:

clarknog
04-18-2009, 05:18 PM
I can't do plumbing. I burn my fingers.

What? You wanted something all metaphysical, like?

I'll get back to you.

I can't do electrical for the same reason.

Not metaphysical doesn't make it any less of an important life lesson.

Clark - No glasses

Beagle
04-18-2009, 05:28 PM
There are three kinds of people, dicks, pussies and assholes.

Pussies think everyone can get along and dicks just wanna fuck all the time without thinking it through.

But then you got your assholes, Chuck, and all the assholes want is to shit all over everything.

So pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while because pussies get fucked by dicks but dicks also fuck assholes, Chuck.

And if they didn’t fuck the assholes, you know what you’d get? You’d get your dick and your pussy all covered in shit.

Intrepid
04-18-2009, 07:11 PM
When you answer that knock on your door, and there's somebody you don't know standing there grinning ear-to-ear, they're after your money.

Fox
04-18-2009, 08:46 PM
There are three kinds of people, dicks, pussies and assholes.

Pussies think everyone can get along and dicks just wanna fuck all the time without thinking it through.

But then you got your assholes, Chuck, and all the assholes want is to shit all over everything.

So pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while because pussies get fucked by dicks but dicks also fuck assholes, Chuck.

And if they didn’t fuck the assholes, you know what you’d get? You’d get your dick and your pussy all covered in shit.

lol, I love that movie. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gif

clarknog
04-19-2009, 11:36 AM
When you answer that knock on your door, and there's somebody you don't know standing there grinning ear-to-ear, they're after your money.

Or they are Jehovah's Witness

Clark - No glasses

Alyssa87
04-19-2009, 11:47 AM

Clark - No glasses

ARE YOU PREPARED FOR JEHOVA'S RETURN?
Because if you not, i have a panflit here to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLjm47uAiW4
(@3m)

WELL FUCK YOU!
...Half dead muthafucka.

Ts CinthyaNY
04-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Well one thing I learned lately, be more cautious about how you treat people and be reasonable when you about to say something ( that may bury you ). But in real life it does not matter anymore since lot of people are vain and do not really care about the well being of other. Cautious about to who you are friend with and how much that can work, you might have many people as your acquaintances but does not mean they are all your true friends.

Love...

Cinthya.

Alyssa87
04-19-2009, 02:22 PM
a wet pussy & a dry purse dont match

jaycanuck
04-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Well one thing I learned lately, be more cautious about how you treat people and be reasonable when you about to say something ( that may bury you ). But in real life it does not matter anymore since lot of people are vain and do not really care about the well being of other. Cautious about to who you are friend with and how much that can work, you might have many people as your acquaintances but does not mean they are all your true friends.

Love...

Cinthya.

well said.

clarknog
04-20-2009, 04:21 PM

Clark - No glasses

ARE YOU PREPARED FOR JEHOVA'S RETURN?
Because if you not, i have a panflit here to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLjm47uAiW4
(@3m)

WELL FUCK YOU!
...Half dead muthafucka.

That movie is a classic. Laughed my ass off start to finish.

Clark - no glasses

tstv_lover
04-21-2009, 09:18 AM

Love...

Cinthya.

Thanks for that insight Cinthya.

I've learnt that you can tell a lot about a person by observing how they treat those that can do nothing for them or to them.

Also, I've learnt that I'm better at singing in the shower than in front of others.

brickcitybrother
04-28-2009, 10:15 PM
a wet pussy & a dry purse dont match

Well I was taught that a wet pussy and an empty purse equals a stupid female.

brickcitybrother
04-28-2009, 10:18 PM
I love those articles in Esquire.

Anyway to answer the question ...

I've learned that if you're going to pay for sex ... Don't bargain shop.

I've learned that there is always someone with more power than you.

I've learned that a stiff dick has no conscience.

I've learned that wherever you go ... there you are (and if you can understand that - then I'm impressed).