View Full Version : Surprising......................

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-27-2009, 05:01 PM
10 Surprising Facts about American Health Care

Fact No. 1: Americans have better survival rates than Europeans for common cancers.

Fact No. 2: Americans have lower cancer mortality rates than Canadians.

Fact No. 3: Americans have better access to treatment for chronic diseases than patients in other developed countries.

Fact No. 4: Americans have better access to preventive cancer screening than Canadians.

Fact No. 5: Lower income Americans are in better health than comparable Canadians.

Fact No. 6: Americans spend less time waiting for care than patients in Canada and the U.K.

Fact No. 7: People in countries with more government control of health care are highly dissatisfied and believe reform is needed.

Fact No. 8: Americans are more satisfied with the care they receive than Canadians.

Fact No. 9: Americans have much better access to important new technologies like medical imaging than patients in Canada or the U.K.

Fact No. 10: Americans are responsible for the vast majority of all health care innovations.

Conclusion: Despite serious challenges, such as escalating costs and the uninsured, the U.S. health care system compares favorably to those in other developed countries.

Source: Scott Atlas, M.D.,senior fellow at the Hoover Institution and a professor at the Stanford University Medical Center.

BLKGSXR
03-27-2009, 05:07 PM
JW how bored are you right now? lol.

bellamy
03-27-2009, 05:09 PM
I could not agree more. As with so many of the things we bitch about as such bad things it is a case of the grass is always greener on the other side.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-27-2009, 05:13 PM

actually I'm not bored, I'm enjoying my day off

nice having a German vehicle that doesn't need constant 3rd party parts to stay running............... ;)

BLKGSXR
03-27-2009, 05:18 PM

actually I'm not bored, I'm enjoying my day off

nice having a German vehicle that doesn't need constant 3rd party parts to stay running............... ;) cough fucker cough.....I have a stock motor Or so I say to the officer -_-

Coroner
03-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Sorry dude but these are Chuck Norris facts.

magus13
03-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Sound great, what do we do about the 47 million who can't get access to this wonderful treatment because they have no insurance.

callahac
03-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Sound great, what do we do about the 47 million who can't get access to this wonderful treatment because they have no insurance.

I guess it is everyone elses responsibility to pay for insurance for them. Jeeze, I'm so tired of people spending my hard earned dollars for me. Why should I even bother to work anymore?

magus13
03-27-2009, 07:07 PM

I guess it is everyone elses responsibility to pay for insurance for them. Jeeze, I'm so tired of people spending my hard earned dollars for me. Why should I even bother to work anymore?

That's the problem, when these uninsured people show up to the ER because they couldn't get sevices antwhere else and instead of a of a minor condition, it is now major, you pay for it anyway. Most people who aren't covered work. How can we be a civilized country and allow people to be one illnes away from ruin and suffering. I have insurance and I feel the greatest gift a person could have is there health and am willing to my part for my fellow citizen who is working hard and is unable to to acces basic care for themselves. We can have a system where we still have a high level of care and everyone can get services. I'd rather my taxes went to Americans needing healthcare than bull shit war in Iraq.

Realgirls4me
03-27-2009, 07:25 PM
10 Surprising Facts about American Health Care...
Source: Scott Atlas, M.D.,senior fellow at the Hoover Institution and a professor at the Stanford University Medical Center.

Straight from a rightwing think tank, Johnny. Funny how there is no mention of the elephant in the room like the 47 million uninsured Americans this country has currently, or millions more that are under insured, particularly when compared to other industrialized western countries.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-27-2009, 07:48 PM
hehehe

hmmmmmm let's see oh I know how to get those 47 million folks health coverage

put a real man in the oval office:

http://www.freewilliamsburg.com/archives/i%20got%20this.jpg

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next

bibtmbill
03-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Not to mention that's the #1 reason American manufacturing companies can't compete.

Employers subsidize a huge portion of our health insurance costs. Why should an employer be responsible for any of it?

Ask any CEO/CFO and they will tell you they need to stop paying for health coverage to remain competitive.

They shouldn't from a purely economic standpoint, an employer should just replace you if you can't work.

And our premiums keep going up and coverage keeps getting cut. I had a procedure last year, insurance covered 100%, same procedure this year, got a bill for $837, same carrier, same coverage.

There are serious challenges we need to overcome, for our health and for our economy.

MacShreach
03-27-2009, 09:09 PM
http://www.nchc.org/facts/cost.shtml

tsmandy
03-27-2009, 09:27 PM
These figures are totally bogus.

Floyd R
03-27-2009, 09:29 PM
I was going to say the same thing but you beat me to it.

These figures are totally bogus.

blckhaze
03-27-2009, 10:00 PM
hehehe

hmmmmmm let's see oh I know how to get those 47 million folks health coverage

put a real man in the oval office:

http://www.freewilliamsburg.com/archives/i%20got%20this.jpg

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sunairco
03-27-2009, 10:06 PM
That uninsured 47 million is represented by many that can afford insurance and would have it if it were available to them. With state laws changing allowing employers to drop sponsored employee groups, or allow the carrier greater latitiude to restrict coverage on an individual basis, the existing employee benefit system is getting out of hand much as private insurance has. In order to be insured one has to be in prime health without any pre-existing conditions and young. Cherry picking risk free clients and spending enormous efforts to disqualify existing claims and dropping clients once they pose too much risk has left us with a system that doesn't work. The for profit system as it exists can't be fixed without some form of mandated regulatory intervention or taking the system over all together. The republicans are full of crap when they claimed to have the answer by allowing a tax credit that in itself would allow the purchase of independent insurance and offload the burden of coverage to the individual. Even if the credit were generous, many employees newly departed from group plans would find themselves uninsurable under the present state of private insurance plans or have vast excludes in coverage due to pre-existing conditions. Times are tough and most Americans are slave to their jobs literally working for their insurance.

sunairco
03-30-2009, 05:20 AM
I normally wouldn't bother to bump up an thread such as this that's off topic. However, the Miami Hearld ran this story on health insurance underwriting and exposes what insurance guidlines for being declined are used by the industry( would you even believe severe acne?). It's a good read and make sure you follow the link to see what confidential company guidlines are used to accept,decline,or rate up as a new client. The .pdf will probably be pulled soon as it's an embarrasing, confidential document. If you're out of work and you're COBRA is getting close to ending or you're contemplating purchasing individual insurance, you have to read this. If you're anticipating getting hired somewhere, you might be getting a rude awakening with your benefits package.

http://www.miamiherald.com/323/story/973158.html

TommyFoxtrot
05-20-2009, 02:34 AM
10 Surprising Facts about American Health Care...

Straight from a rightwing think tank, Johnny. Funny how there is no mention of the elephant in the room like the 47 million uninsured Americans this country has currently, or millions more that are under insured, particularly when compared to other industrialized western countries.

About half of those uninsured people are folks in their teens/twenties that could get insurance for 100 bucks a month but choose not to. And the rest are pretty evenly distributed.