PDA

View Full Version : Wait for the Bluray......................

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-21-2009, 11:09 PM
Any movies coming up that you already know you'll wait for the bluray instead of grabbing a movie ticket?

jaycanuck
03-21-2009, 11:10 PM
Gi Joe. But then I don't do hard media anymore. i'm on Apple TV and Boxee.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-21-2009, 11:15 PM
Fast and Furious
Know1ng
X-Men Origins: Wolverine

jjhill
03-21-2009, 11:16 PM
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Chicago Overcoat

jaycanuck
03-21-2009, 11:19 PM
I'm on the fence about Wolverine. I dunno..i'm on the fence about a lot of movies these days. I was talking Watchmen up for a year and I still haven't seen it.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-21-2009, 11:25 PM
dont even waste a breath on Watchmen
ugh..................
I want my wasted time back

jaycanuck
03-21-2009, 11:27 PM
Oh no. That's 2 bad reviews I've heard. I really liked the book so I was hoping for good things. I've heard it lacks story.

scubaman
03-22-2009, 12:06 AM
dont even waste a breath on Watchmen
ugh..................
I want my wasted time back

Ditto. That's 3 hours I'll never get back

:2cent

hwbs
03-22-2009, 01:26 AM
to be honest i only buy great movies on blu ray...otherwise i hit up the red box...next blu ray purchase is 007 quantum of solace ....

alpha2117
03-22-2009, 02:48 AM
Who uses Blu-Ray? Seriously it was dead technology when it was released. The future is flash-drive/ hard disk based. Disc technology is hopelessly out of date. As Flash drive sizes increase and prices fall the future of disc technology becomes clearere and clearer. There is none. It will last maybe 4 years more but the take up numbers indicate most smart buyers know the truth and are not investing big money buying anything other than their must have purchases.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-22-2009, 02:51 AM
Who uses Blu-Ray? Seriously it was dead technology when it was released. The future is flash-drive/ hard disk based. Disc technology is hopelessly out of date. As Flash drive sizes increase and prices fall the future of disc technology becomes clearere and clearer. There is none. It will last maybe 4 years more but the take up numbers indicate most smart buyers know the truth and are not investing big money buying anything other than their must have purchases.

Glad you got your nerd moment out..................

back to the thread

alpha2117
03-22-2009, 02:56 AM

back to the thread

:D Hey I'm a nerd at heart. what I said is true though. I like the Blu-Ray quality but I just know it's dead tech so it's not worth buying stuff that will just be useless clutter in a couple of years.

Oh and I might invest in the extended Watchmen version on Blu-Ray because that film is a visual feast.

jaycanuck
03-22-2009, 02:57 AM

Yah. I thought about getting a BR player..but then I looked at my music life. I can't remember the last time I bought a CD. I looked into Apple TV and a 500 GB drive. Soo easy to set up. Add a Boxee hack onto it and you have access to all your movies / torrents wirelessly.

alpha2117
03-22-2009, 03:03 AM

Yah. I thought about getting a BR player..but then I looked at my music life. I can't remember the last time I bought a CD. I looked into Apple TV and a 500 GB drive. Soo easy to set up. Add a Boxee hack onto it and you have access to all your movies / torrents wirelessly.

That was the whole thing with the Blu-Ray- HD war. It was silly. Had they gone with one format then people would have bought it and it would have had a big take-up. The war made people pause and investigate their options and once you investigate the options you realise pretty quick that hard disks and flash drives are more practical and likely to be the way things keep going. Hell things like Apple TV are designed to do exactly what you have done thats why it's so easy.

jaycanuck
03-22-2009, 03:11 AM

That was the whole thing with the Blu-Ray- HD war. It was silly. Had they gone with one format then people would have bought it and it would have had a big take-up. The war made people pause and investigate their options and once you investigate the options you realise pretty quick that hard disks and flash drives are more practical and likely to be the way things keep going. Hell things like Apple TV are designed to do exactly what you have done thats why it's so easy.

My next purchase is this... http://www.drobo.com/products/drobo.php

jaycanuck
03-22-2009, 03:12 AM

back to the thread

haha. Sorry Johnny. Transformers 2 may be another one.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-22-2009, 03:13 AM
OMFG back to the topic