PDA

View Full Version : South Padre Island, TX Anyone??

Tarissa
02-27-2009, 05:48 AM
Hi, just wondering if anyone has been to South Padre. I need a vacation and it looks like South Beach before it got so developed and crowded. I doubt they have the shopping experience though. Also inexpensive, warm and lots of cute Texas surfer types. Any feedback? I need a VACATION!!!!!
Tarissa

jackal03
02-27-2009, 06:46 AM
I've been down there a few times in the last several years... Not sure what kind of crowd you like, but if it's not a bunch of rowdy college kids then don't go there during March. Wait til summer when more adults go - it's got a good stretch of beach. Beautiful water.

There are some nice hotels, or you can always rent one of the many condos. Some good seafood restaurants - can't remember the names, but just ask around.

While there, you can also take a quick trip down to Brownsville and across the border into Matamoros, Mexico for cheap shopping in the mercado.

Of course it's always fun just getting drunk and sitting on a chaises lounge on the beach watching the waves and the people.

smallville3
02-27-2009, 08:04 AM
I live near there(McAllen). but I havent been in ~8 years. Theres a few good bars. But aside from Spring Break and Summer-time...theres not much going on. You're more likely to see Winter Texans out on the beach right now. (Maybe fewer than a month ago.)

Mexico on the other hand, every weekend its a party. Mainly 16-21 yr olds. Since they have a harder time getting into local bars/clubs.

but if you PM me your ETA for the RGV(Rio Grande Valley), I may be able to give you a few other places in the valley to try out depending on your scene.

LATSDog
02-27-2009, 08:43 AM
Its not a bad area. The beaches are not white sand but they are nice. Its Texas. Many snowbirds go there from Minn and other central US cold states. The town/island is all tourist. Beach crap, tshirt shops, etc. You are about 30 or 40 miles from Mexico but the border towns are dangerous right now. You also need a passport to go over. Its a good place to go to relax but I would not think visit any ts girls unless you happen to find them in Mexico.

smallville3
02-27-2009, 10:55 AM
u dont *need* a passport... it helps..makes things a bit quicker.

but get across with a social security card+birth certificate+drivers license(minimum of 2)

btw: i dunno where ur from but outta staters get to take a bunch of alcohol across from mex to TX.
(TX citizens get 1bottle+ one case of beer + 5 gallons of wine[not too sure on that, i never get wine] --- out of staters get more -- hit up a Dufry once u go across, theres a handydandy chart :D)

Tarissa
02-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Its not a bad area. The beaches are not white sand but they are nice. Its Texas. Many snowbirds go there from Minn and other central US cold states. The town/island is all tourist. Beach crap, tshirt shops, etc. You are about 30 or 40 miles from Mexico but the border towns are dangerous right now. You also need a passport to go over. Its a good place to go to relax but I would not think visit any ts girls unless you happen to find them in Mexico.

Umm thanks and I am a TS Girl.

Tarissa
03-02-2009, 06:17 AM
OK, think I'll skip Mexico if I go to South Padre for vacation. Thanks LATSDOG, I just saw a 60 minutes story about the druglord killings in Mexico. 6500 killed last year and many on border towns. I'll have my margaritas on the beach in South Padre USA. Thanks all for your advice.
Tarissa

RubyTS
03-02-2009, 06:26 AM
Wassup with all the huge cocks in texas??? LMAO guys out there are hung like horses have fun girl!!!

Tarissa
03-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Wassup with all the huge cocks in texas??? LMAO guys out there are hung like horses have fun girl!!!
Thanks Ruby. I've got a cowboy...ride 'em cowgirl yeehaa. BTW your hair looks gorgeous girl.
Tarissa