View Full Version : Bit torrent help

SXFX
02-27-2009, 02:20 AM
Hay guys and gals.
A little help pleas....and man I know I'm going to get flamed for this.....
Bit torrent and wireless systems just don't work well together do they?
Thank you

Tepres
02-27-2009, 02:23 AM
Hay guys and gals.
A little help pleas....and man I know I'm going to get flamed for this.....
Bit torrent and wireless systems just don't work well together do they?
Thank you

You mean a wireless computer? I don't have any problems.

SXFX
02-27-2009, 02:37 AM
Wireless computer / router.
I'm running a D-Link Super G ( you have to love these names) router and my desk top is connected via a D link antenna.
But i guess it also has to do with the seeders.

Tepres
02-27-2009, 02:48 AM
Wireless computer / router.
I'm running a D-Link Super G ( you have to love these names) router and my desk top is connected via a D link antenna.
But i guess it also has to do with the seeders.

Seeder count as opposed to leechers, though that's not absolute. It also depends on the upload settings the individual seeders are using on their client. Sometimes I'll luck out with just one seeder, that's really fast. But on average, I'd say that the more seeders, and less leechers, the better. The speed of the seeder's connections may have something to do with it too. (Not sure)

dgs925
02-27-2009, 04:51 AM
I'm headed out now so I don't have time to go into detail, but you may have to look in port forwarding. Just google "port forwarding bittorrent"

Also is the problem that they aren't downloading at all or just that they are coming in super slow - because the second could be from a small amount of seeders.

justatransgirl
02-27-2009, 10:33 AM
Uhmmm, not that I approve... but seeders beware - my little darling trans girl lover Princess Jessica got our internet connection shut down twice last week because people were downloading a video game off her computer. While she had a torrent client running. (Unbeknownst to me.)

I had to beg the bastards at "Cocks" (Cox Cable) to reinstate the service before I went through HA withdrawal. I'm planning a new BDSM video where I beat Miss Jessicas fine ass for her transgressions. :-)

Otherwise from what I can see torrents work fine with wireless.

Hugs,
TS Jamie :-)