PDA

View Full Version : Brilliant! A razor strip to indicate the blades are shot

Odelay
01-28-2009, 07:11 PM
I saw a commercial... Gillete, Shick, Bic, Prick... one of those razor companies... and they have a brand new invention associated with their razors that is a strip that turns a different color once the blades are worn. This is so cool. I'm always using dull blades that literally yank the hair out from my face by the roots. Very painful. Now, I don't have to deal with that because when the strip turns blue, it doesn't mean I'm pregnant, instead it means I should throw that sucker in the waste basket.

I heard they toyed with the idea of imbedding a flake of uranium within the razor to automatically destroy it once the blades are dull, but the strip is far better because it won't cause cancer... at least it didn't cause cancer on the laboratory mice that it was tested on.

I'm still waiting for the seven blade razor. I mean, if five blades are great, then seven has to be sooper dooper. My face will be extra smooth and soft on that day.

Anyway, all this reminds me of this post on The Onion, from five years ago. This is side splittingly funny. But what's even funnier is that the razor companies took a satirical piece in The Onion, and turned it into their R&D plan.

Fuck Everything, We're Doing Five Blades! (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33930)

Update: Even more brilliant, they patented this idea not 1 or 2 years ago, but 14 years ago! Pre-emptive patenting. I can only assume the patent for a 13 blade razor has long since been issued.

flabbybody
01-28-2009, 08:00 PM
wouldn't help color blind people like myself

El Nino
01-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Oh boy, wow... just what I always wanted...

Ziggy33
01-28-2009, 08:50 PM
It's been around for years.....

hwbs
01-28-2009, 08:51 PM
7 blades .....2010 my friend....u heard it hear first , lmao

not sure it is 6 or 7...heard from a friend of a friend of a friend hahahaha

MichaelAcevedo
01-28-2009, 08:54 PM
We have a best choice (store/off brand) razor here in oklahoma city at the homelands that is a six blade, suprisingly better than the mach 5 and about $4 cheaper for refills.

bkeane77
01-28-2009, 09:10 PM
I always get red bumps from my razor when I shave down stairs. Because I like to be shaved down often, this is annoying. I also look a little bigger when I do.....:)

I have heard that baby powder after works?

LG
01-28-2009, 11:41 PM

LOL..Is there really a point to more than a couple of blades? I get a pretty smooth shave with three, so why should I need five? In a few years they will be touting 6 or 7 as if it's the next best thing and pretty soon our razors will have rows upon rows of blades...

http://www.yuppieguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/razor.png

LG
01-28-2009, 11:46 PM
I always get red bumps from my razor when I shave down stairs.

I don't have that problem. The bathroom is upstairs and I only ever tried shaving in the kitchen once. :wink:

Blazr63
01-28-2009, 11:55 PM
I still use twin blade Atra cartridges since the mid 80's. They still sell them in most stores, but not the handle, so I bought a new one on e-bay a couple of years ago.

hwbs
01-29-2009, 12:02 AM

LOL..Is there really a point to more than a couple of blades? I get a pretty smooth shave with three, so why should I need five? In a few years they will be touting 6 or 7 as if it's the next best thing and pretty soon our razors will have rows upon rows of blades...

its widely known that the fusion is clearly the best razor on the market...do u need more blades ? i doubt it ... :wink:

LG
01-29-2009, 12:24 AM
its widely known that the fusion is clearly the best razor on the market...do u need more blades ? i doubt it ... :wink:

Agreed, and I've recently switched to that. But should I have forked over a little more for the battery powered version with "gentle micropulses"?

And why the fuck does it cost over $600million to develop each one of these new razors? It's just a razor and all they've done is added a couple of blades! Where does the money go? It's not like they need computer modelling or particle accelerators to design then...

Odelay
01-29-2009, 12:48 AM

When you think about it, this is the exact same concept that Microsoft uses on each new release of Microft Word. You can imagine product designers in a back room saying... "We only have 7 tool bars currently. Let's add an 8th this year to Word 2009!"