PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre photography of Joel Witkin

jordyd19
12-26-2008, 05:59 PM
A friend brought in a book of freaky photography and there were allot of hung angels in there. I did a search and nobody has posted about Mr. Witkin so here goes.

Some of the girls look alright and I hope this inspires better more differentiating photo shoots in the future.

If you don't like it, that's like your opinion man.

jaycanuck
12-26-2008, 06:10 PM
Wow. These are beautiful. Do you know the title of the book?

jordyd19
12-26-2008, 06:17 PM
WITKIN that's it, has some bizarre picture on the front. Glad you liked it though

tsntx
12-26-2008, 06:46 PM
the venus w/ a penis is a great shot ;)

jordyd19
12-26-2008, 09:26 PM
So if you think I have good taste that means u want to fuck around with me right?

Caramel
12-26-2008, 10:08 PM
Witkin's work is amazing, sometimes very disturbing, but great. That first model was Dana Douglas. I met her in NYC when I snuck into Edelweiss as a minor and was too shy to speak even though she was smiling right at me. One of those teen dork moments *duh*

Remy757Photog
12-27-2008, 05:09 PM
very good stuff, I'll try and pick up a copy. Thanks for informing us about Witkins

jordyd19
12-27-2008, 07:43 PM
I felt the same to the friend who showed me wednesday! Im usually signed up to a website with ts's and all the pictorials are the same and this is so far removed from that. I like black and white too, makes me pay more attention to the textures which is bad for people who photoshop there girls.

If I come across more pics I'll post them.

Dana Douglas did have a myspace page and still looks pretty hot although the years did seem to do there thing. It'd be worth getting some of the guys who have collections going back to cave drawings of shemales to throw them up.