PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat VS DC Characters Game?

MrsKellyPierce
11-27-2008, 06:37 AM
whose played it, it looks so much fun! I want to play it lol

hondarobot
11-27-2008, 06:56 AM
Superman (DC) would easily beat everyone in Mortal Kombat, so it seems like a gimped game. I suppose many of the MK characters use some form of "ninja magic", which could sway the balance of things in their favor, but I still don't see this game as being a fair fight.

I would be interested in what Wonder Woman's "finishing move" was, though.

:wink:

Ryz
11-27-2008, 07:24 AM
I'm more of a marvel vs capcom kind of guy

GinX
11-27-2008, 07:27 AM
I'm something of a gamer and tech geek, so I'll tell you what I know about the game so far. The premise of the game is that the DC universe and the MK universe are merging together which spells disaster for both universes. Each "side"-DC and MK-seems to think the other is somehow involved, hence all the fighting. When playing in Story mode, you select which side you want to represent and with which character. Finishing the game takes you all the way through that side's part of the story as well that particular character's chapter. Not all characters have individual chapters.

And to answer Honda's question about Wonder Woman...well, if I've been following the game info correctly, those characters that are actually labeled as "heroes", like Wonder Woman, do not perform fatalities but finishers called Heroic Brutalities. WW's are known as the Lasso Spin and the Lasso Slam.

hondarobot
11-27-2008, 07:50 AM
I'm something of a gamer and tech geek, so I'll tell you what I know about the game so far. The premise of the game is that the DC universe and the MK universe are merging together which spells disaster for both universes. Each "side"-DC and MK-seems to think the other is somehow involved, hence all the fighting. When playing in Story mode, you select which side you want to represent and with which character. Finishing the game takes you all the way through that side's part of the story as well that particular character's chapter. Not all characters have individual chapters.

And to answer Honda's question about Wonder Woman...well, if I've been following the game info correctly, those characters that are actually labeled as "heroes", like Wonder Woman, do not perform fatalities but finishers called Heroic Brutalities. WW's are known as the Lasso Spin and the Lasso Slam.

It's still unscalable from a gaming perspective. I played the hell out of MK when it first came out, great game, but beyond the shape shifting guy who showed up later in the series, nobody stands a chance against the DC characters.

An example:

"Scorpion fires his hooked chain thingy from his sleeve, which bounces off Superman's chest, or Green Lantern's force field, or some old whale bone artifact that Aquaman has been waiting for years to break out. Scorpion is then grabbed by his sleeve-chain and whipped off into outer space, because no ninja has game here."

Nuff said.

I welcome anyone who would debate this topic. Kelly can go sit down and polish her nails until us men folk are done talking here.

8)

jesseflo
11-27-2008, 08:02 AM
i have the game and it is very fun . i beat the arcade part already with catwoman. im still learning the moves but i highly reccommend the game if u like fighting games.

hondarobot
11-27-2008, 08:10 AM
Well, Catwoman is another subject all together. She got away with stuff because she knew no hero would ever really fight her.

jesseflo
11-27-2008, 09:02 AM
Well, Catwoman is another subject all together. She got away with stuff because she knew no hero would ever really fight her.

lol thats one reason shes my fav. was so excited she was in the game.

blckhaze
11-27-2008, 09:34 AM
good game. overhyped but still good.

ted naves
11-27-2008, 09:38 AM
tHE jOKER SEEMS SICK......

gimmeurblood
11-27-2008, 01:22 PM
whats the replay value of that game, i haven tplayed a mortal kombat since II, but i might want to pick this up. is it worththe 60 bucks

monkeyboy84
11-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Just felt I had to post on this one.

I got the game last week and so far I have enjoyed it very much (is also helping in building up the calous on my thumb for Street fighter IV).

The games story does also explain why the Joker can beat up someone like Superman. The main plot of the game is that the DC universe and Mortal Kombat Universe are merging due to a simultanious fuck up by Superman and Raiden. During the merger energies are flying wild and causing stregth to be redistributed in the form of a fighting rage. It weakens Superman due to it's magical nature, messes up Captain Marvel due to his Gods fighting with other gods and plays havock with the Green Lanterns ring.

Only major gripe about the game is the lack of unlockables compared to previous Mortal Kombat games. Still it is good, perhaps not on the level of Marvel Vs Capcom, but still good.

BrendaQG
11-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Oh yeah I read about this game months ago. The particular gaming site that has been reliable in the past said that there would be no fatalities as such in this game. Pure blasphemy if that's true! Well is it. Or can I still have sub zero freeze superman and break him into little pieces?

monkeyboy84
11-27-2008, 03:40 PM
Fatalities are present but only in arcade mode and olnly for the Villians of DC and MK characters.

Howerer they can be sued on any character. Scorpion has in fact perfomed a fatality on me when i was the Flash and there was a very charred lot of bones that apeeared.

GinX
11-27-2008, 08:48 PM

It's still unscalable from a gaming perspective. I played the hell out of MK when it first came out, great game, but beyond the shape shifting guy who showed up later in the series, nobody stands a chance against the DC characters.

An example:

"Scorpion fires his hooked chain thingy from his sleeve, which bounces off Superman's chest, or Green Lantern's force field, or some old whale bone artifact that Aquaman has been waiting for years to break out. Scorpion is then grabbed by his sleeve-chain and whipped off into outer space, because no ninja has game here."

Nuff said.

I welcome anyone who would debate this topic. Kelly can go sit down and polish her nails until us men folk are done talking here.

8)

You don't need to worry about facing an overpowered Superman or any other DC hero. The storyline has introduced a plot element which effectively reduces the traditionally thought of power levels of mega-powerful heroes like Supes. In fact, some of the trailers for the game show Scorpion wiping the floor with The Boy In Blue. Sure, this probably wouldn't happen in normal circumstances, but the MK series has never been what I'd call normal circumstances.

tsntx
11-28-2008, 12:21 AM
i dont like fighting games.... spiderman web of shadows is cool and just bought gears of war 2 and mirrors edge last night... i wont be able to play them til i get back home but im really excited about mirrors edge it looked really cool

Legend
11-28-2008, 02:47 AM
Too watered down for my taste.

javaikky
11-28-2008, 04:18 AM
I rented the game, due to my fear that it was overhyped.

This of course turned out to be true.

The concept is great, and has a lot of potential.. however in my opinion it falls short in alot of areas. The combat system is slow, with frequent inconsistencies.

Everything, just moves slower than I would expect from a fighting game of this caliber. I think Midway really hurt themselves by training to aim so hardcore for the T rating.

I think it's a good game but not great, I would not suggest it as a buy. However it's a great rent.

If your looking for a great fighting game, Super Street Fighter II HD is now available on the PSN store, and XBOX live! It's freaking old school amazing, and the online is great.

62des
11-28-2008, 05:19 AM
I personally think that it was not a great matchup at all to merge mortal kombat and dc characters. it just seems stupid their way too different. But I think its sexy when women plays games like these so i'd buy it if a girl would play it. lol its rare to hear of women playing video games most are too wound up in giving ultimatums like "its either me or the game." lol

Tiffany Anne
11-28-2008, 06:25 AM
1) Anyone else picturing Jesse in a catwoman outfit...maybe fighting Kelly as Wonder Woman?

2) if you search You Tub, you can find the Joker's original uncensored Fatality, where he just shoots people in the head...it's awesome (they decided it was too much for a DC game, so the final version is censored).

GinX
11-28-2008, 06:45 AM
1) Anyone else picturing Jesse in a catwoman outfit...maybe fighting Kelly as Wonder Woman?

2) if you search You Tub, you can find the Joker's original uncensored Fatality, where he just shoots people in the head...it's awesome (they decided it was too much for a DC game, so the final version is censored).

This is completely off topic, but since you mentioned costumes...how about Kelly dressed up like Jeannie and Jesse dressed up like her evil twin sister?

Maximus25
11-28-2008, 07:06 AM
I think DC vs. MK is at best a poor man's Marvel vs. Capcom 2. I understand that each game has a different gaming engine but honestly Marvel vs Capcom 2 is fucking amazing! I am biased. I hate DC and I rather play Gears of War 2 or Call of Duty 4 on Xbox live, thoughts?

doradora
11-29-2008, 04:25 AM
My Game life is already stopped.
My last console is PS2, and It's dead few years ago. :cry:
DC vs MK? what's that?

what about DC vs Marvel or SF vs MK?
:?

jjhill
03-21-2009, 02:49 PM
Which is better, this or the new street fighter?

LibertyHarkness
03-21-2009, 03:06 PM
i still love the soul calibur game on sega dreamcast ...

cerventes pawns all :)

jjhill
03-21-2009, 03:09 PM
i still love the soul calibur game on sega dreamcast ...

cerventes pawns all :)

soul calibur was the shit!

LibertyHarkness
03-21-2009, 04:38 PM
yeah Cerventes is bad ass :) though i used to like playing voldo as well...

Though in mortal Kombat, Scorpion for the win :) Get over hereeeee!!!!

CaptainGeech
03-21-2009, 09:44 PM
I think Mortal Kombat II will go down as my favorite fighter of all time. It has a special place in my heart. I used to play it at the local 7-11 after school and then when it came out for the SNES or Genesis me and my dad would play. He sucked but it was fun as hell to show him all the fatalities. I just bought Soul Calibur IV for XBOX 360 so I am looking forward to playing that. I have never been into comics but Mortal Kombat VS DC looks pretty badass. I was close to buying it but when I heard the US version was censored I decided not to. That sort of thing offends me. No Mortal Kombat game should be rated anything other than M. If Joker wants to shoot someone in the face then we should see it uncensored. I also heard there were some cheese characters. I think I recall hearing that The Flash was damn near impossible to beat if the person who is playing with him knows all the secret moves. I think I will wait until it becomes a greatest hit and is around $30

Willie Escalade
03-22-2009, 01:41 AM
Oh yeah I read about this game months ago. The particular gaming site that has been reliable in the past said that there would be no fatalities as such in this game. Pure blasphemy if that's true! Well is it. Or can I still have sub zero freeze superman and break him into little pieces?
No fatalities (or babalities/friendships)=no buy. :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVq1kvXaMMM

gunn
03-22-2009, 01:55 AM
That game's crap kelly!

LTR_Seeker
03-22-2009, 04:52 AM
soundslike great game but mk will get ass kicked by dc