PDA

View Full Version : Ignoring people on IM's

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Ok so you happen to chat with people and somehow realized they are simply not worth chatting. So how do you tell them? ;)

What turns you off about someone you've chatted with?

~Kisses.

HTG

xxxian
11-13-2008, 04:17 PM
Block them! :-)

I started an IM relationship with a girl and it turned out she was totally damaged goods. Just went on and on about her sob stories. Husband issues, kid issues, work issues, health issues.. WAH WAH WAH.

I just stopped responding. Passive aggressive and cowardly, but after a few days she stopped IMing me.

Xian

phobun
11-13-2008, 05:05 PM
If they have a dick.

hippifried
11-13-2008, 05:31 PM
If they have a dick.
Wow! You're in the wrong place.

Barnabis78
11-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Just tell them, better to be straight-up about it.

Ignorance is a huge turn off.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-13-2008, 08:35 PM

I started an IM relationship with a girl and it turned out she was totally damaged goods. Just went on and on about her sob stories. Husband issues, kid issues, work issues, health issues.. WAH WAH WAH.

I just stopped responding. Passive aggressive and cowardly, but after a few days she stopped IMing me.

Xian

Thanks Xian. The thing is, one night I was bored so I've decided to chat. And while chatting, the guy kept mentioning some girl (I don't even know) working her off non stop into the conversation which annoyed me. I dunno but if he was trying to impress me, that backfired almost instantly. I mean, why bother me with pm's only to ruin a girls mood when actual chatting came about?

~Kisses.

HTG

DL_NL
11-13-2008, 08:40 PM
Or you might want to try saying bluntly what's wrong. Who knows how it'll work out.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Well to me, If a guy doesn't have enough common sense then why bother?

I just excuse myself in the middle of talking by saying..Oh I gotta go, I've to get some sleep (which is true anyways).

~Kisses.

HTG

BeardedOne
11-13-2008, 09:24 PM
I don't get much chance to have private chats with folx, beyond IM/PM tag. Sucky schedules are the biggest issue. I've rarely had a problem with someone in a chat/IM. Though not always obvious, there are often hints at disinterest that can find their way into a conversation. If I find that a convo isn't flowing well, I politely step off. As I'm not in chat mode that often, the person will most likely forget I exist by the next time I'm online.

As for the obverse of the coin, I've pinged some of the gurls on the forums, either via IM/PM, email, or sometimes in one of the chat modes, and I'm sure that I've encountered some that thought I was about as exciting to chat with as watching paint dry. There were a couple that made it pretty clear, straight up, that if they didn't get a ping from PayPal in a minute or so, they probably weren't going to be very chatty with me. While I understand that biz is biz, that isn't a biz I can afford to patronize (I talk too much).

I do understand that the gurls are bizzy, and I try to show enough manners and consideration to work around that. If a gurl doesn't respond quickly (Or at all), I don't get in a snit about it. I've been fortunate that my manners and consideration have paid off in some nice chat friends and occasional IM/PM pings (Though some of the replies can be surprising, as I can't recall when last we chatted).

I try not to be rude and blow people off, and hope I'd get the same consideration if I was irking them. Overall, the policy has worked rather well.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-13-2008, 09:34 PM
If they have a dick.

So you're here because? Not here for the dick? That's refreshing.. lol

~Kisses.

HTG

BeardedOne
11-13-2008, 09:52 PM
If they have a dick.

So you're here because? Not here for the dick? That's refreshing.. lol

~Kisses.

HTG

Well, it's different. He could become very popular with some of our gurls real fast.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-13-2008, 09:58 PM
I know what you mean B1! lol

~Kisses.

HTG

DL_NL
11-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Well to me, If a guy doesn't have enough common sense then why bother?
True, I guess it's just my preference for being straightforward and honest. Maybe he'll learn something, one can always hope.

salvador
11-14-2008, 11:12 AM
What is it you like to take about ?

Xian

Thanks Xian. The thing is, one night I was bored so I've decided to chat. And while chatting, the guy kept mentioning some girl (I don't even know) working her off non stop into the conversation which annoyed me. I dunno but if he was trying to impress me, that backfired almost instantly. I mean, why bother me with pm's only to ruin a girls mood when actual chatting came about?

~Kisses.

HTG

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-14-2008, 06:28 PM
What is it you like to take about ?

I'm sorry but I do not understand your question?

~Kisses.

HTG