PDA

View Full Version : Twilight 2008

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-13-2008, 08:57 AM
http://www.empiremovies.com/nextraimages/twilight-movie-poster.jpg

Synopsis: Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) has always been a bit different, never caring about or fitting in with the trendy girls at her Phoenix, Arizona high school. When her mother Renee (Sarah Clarke) remarries and decides to move with her new husband to Florida, and Bella decides to go live with her father, Charlie (Billy Burke), in the rainy little town of Forks, Washington, she doesn't expect anything to change. Then she meets the mysterious and dazzlingly beautiful Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson), a boy unlike any she's ever met. Intelligent and witty, his piercing eyes see straight into her soul. Soon, Bella and Edward are swept up in a passionate and decidedly unorthodox romance. Edward can run faster than any cheetah, he can stop a moving car with his bare hands, and he hasn't aged since 1918. Most importantly, he's a vampire. Like all vampires, he's immortal. He doesn't drink human blood (they're vampire "vegetarians"), which is rare among the vampire population. Instead, they go on regular "hiking" trips, where they feed on prey such as grizzly bears and mountain lions. For Edward, Bella is the thing he has waited ninety years for - a soul mate. But the closer they get, the more Edward must struggle to resist the primal pull of her scent, which could send him into an uncontrollable frenzy. And what will they do when James (Cam Gigandet), Laurent (Edi Gathegi), and Victoria (Rachel Lefevre) come into town and James sets his sights on Bella? Will true love prevail when Edward is forced to save her life and conquer his thirst? The true question is, When you can live forever, what do you live for?

Official site and Trailer: http://www.twilightthemovie.com/

I wanna watch his film!!

~Kisses.

HTG

tsmandy
11-13-2008, 10:25 AM
It was filmed down the road from my home in the country, last winter. Traffic was held up for weeks, and there were all sorts of peppy blonde women walking around the gravel pit (that's where they were shooting the scene). Strange to see them filming at 2 in the morning in such a quiet dark area.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Like I've said, I wanna go see this movie. The trailer looks really good. Add the fact that I love vampire flicks not to mention I am a huge fan of Robert Pattinson since Harry Potter days! :P

~Kisses.

HTG

lupinIII
11-13-2008, 05:42 PM
Gah! It took me a zillion years (last couple of days) but you just cracked it for me! That guy was Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter! I knew I'd seen in him in some other movie but I just couldn't make the connection. Err, I have nothing useful to say, I don't think I'll see this movie, that was just driving me nuts the past few days, since I saw the trailer. I really should've just used IMDB...

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-13-2008, 08:36 PM
lol

~Kisses.

HTG

JimSteele
11-14-2008, 11:11 PM
Twilight was a great movie if you are fans of the book series. Just mind you that all teenage girls and their mother will watching it to as well. If you are a traditional lover of vampires, remember these vampires have no fangs and don't sleep but i'm sure you will love the movie.

longwave
11-17-2008, 04:45 AM
if you want to see an excellent vampire movie, go see let the right one in, instead of this fluff.

Mugai_hentaisha
11-17-2008, 09:45 AM
I work in a bookstore and I am so fed up with the Twilight series, at first I was going to buy the series for my girlfriend's teenage daughter. However, once I found out how many of the fans are total obnoxious nerds, I was more than relieved when my girlfriend's daughter said she tried reading the first book and thought it rather simple. :)

TES
William

Remy757Photog
11-17-2008, 11:11 AM
I've heard a lot of negative criticism against this book series and movie. I will admit it has me a bit hesitant on how it'll turn out, but alas I'm biased in all things revolving around Vampires, Zombies, and Werewolves, and will give this movie a shot just as I will give a lot of B grade campy movies a shot. I sat through Lost Boys 2 for crying out loud and other than a couple references to the 1st Lost Boys and the end scene the movie was total and complete crap. I imagine that Twilight will at least have a good story, plagued with teenage romanticism though it may be.

btw, I will be downloading the movie not going to the theater! lol but to be honest, I reserve the movie theater for "sure thing" blockbuster hits, everything else gets downloaded first and if it's good I MAY buy on dvd. Don't want people thinking I'm cheap, it has nothing to do with the "price of admission" I'm just a bit anti-social and sitting in a movie theater with tons of teenagers talking and throwing candy and such is not my idea of a good time.

JonnyT
11-17-2008, 03:30 PM
this is going to be good. look out jk rowling stephanie is in town.
:P

Remy757Photog
11-18-2008, 11:03 AM
if you want to see an excellent vampire movie, go see let the right one in, instead of this fluff.

I downloaded and watched a dvd screener of "Let The Right One In", this was an absolutely fantastic Vampire movie with a unique sotry. It's all in the marketing so I doubt this movie will do well being an Eastern European film (?) in the U.S.A. The action is visceral and the romance is surprisingly mature. This movie will be on my Top 10 List forever. I am anxious to see just how well Twilight will be able to compare.

KalisaD
11-19-2008, 09:29 AM
anyone a fan of the band paramore?

they did a song for this film, and its amazing :D

vid: http://www.mtv.com/videos/paramore/294491/decode.jhtml#id=1518071

JonnyT
11-25-2008, 02:20 AM
anybody see the movie? i liked it except for the lame special effects

Remy757Photog
11-26-2008, 09:24 AM
anybody see the movie? i liked it except for the lame special effects

haven't seen it yet, lame in what way?

Dino Velvet
11-27-2008, 12:05 AM

Downloading Let The Right One In right now.

As far as vampire movies go, I recommend any of the Hammer Christopher Lee Dracula movies especially the earlier ones, Jess Franco's Count Dracula also starring Christopher Lee, Nosferatu starring Klaus Kinski directed by Werner Herzog, Salem's Lot(1979), and the Russian Nightwatch/Daywatch series. The original Nosferatu(1922), Vampyr(1932), or Dracula(Bela Lugosi) are good choices for fans of vintage horror. If you are a fan of Twilight or Interview Of A Vampire, see a movie named Near Dark.

Odelay
11-27-2008, 12:56 AM
Set in Forks, WA... huh?

Talk about a dark, remote place.

ARMANIXXX
11-27-2008, 01:32 AM
The movie wasn't very good.

easily could have been a rental.

Legend
11-27-2008, 02:35 AM
I was reading one of the reviews and they mention saved by the bell so i think i'll pass on this one.

KalisaD
11-27-2008, 02:48 AM
watch True Blood on HBO instead of this shit...

Remy757Photog
11-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Ok downloaded and watched Twilight. Eh, it wasn't that bad, not worth a trip to the movie theater though. I have a soft spot for high school movies (think Perfect Score) and vampire films so I am admittedly biased. Twilight will never make my Top 10 list and 'Let The Right One In' which I found out is a Swedish film is hands down better than this movie and actually has the whole vampire angle as almost an afterthought and does make my Top 10 list.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-28-2008, 09:49 PM
This movie was so HYPED it didn't deliver IMO! The lead actor was cute enough though to sit through out the movie (I downloaded it thank goodness). lol

~Kisses.

HTG

Alyssa87
11-29-2008, 12:08 AM
the cast is on Tyra today

lupinIII
11-29-2008, 01:46 AM
It's really tragic that that so many of my movie opinions are based on webcomics

http://www.multiplexcomic.com/images/strips/incentives/multiplex-304A.jpg

http://www.multiplexcomic.com/images/strips/incentives/multiplex-304A.jpg

JANIRA
11-30-2008, 12:12 AM
OK... I for one am not a fan of any movies that are Harry Potter-esque.., or amovie with too much special special effects that it out shines the whole movie it self...but...

I did see "TWILIGHT" and i must say I AM IN LOVE!!!!!!!! omg.... true it is a very Tweeny movie and book series.. but i just loved the whole story,.. I saw it 3 times in one shot, and ran out and bought the book the day after I saw the movie.. Yes i know it's the other way around.. You usually read the book and then see the movie. Usually books that are made into movies they alwasy leave out many factors and great scenes, I loved the movie but by all means the movie cannot compare with the book...at all. And i just began reading the unreleased "Midnight sun", If you have read Twilight you will know that Bella swan is the one who is telling the story, but in "Midnight Sun" it is Edward who is telling the story from his point.... AMAZING!!!!!!!! OMG... by the way the soundtrack awesome!!!!!

If curious check out Stephanie Meyers website http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/index.html

chek out on youtube the song eyes of fire from the movie

ARMANIXXX
11-30-2008, 12:31 AM
OK... I for one am not a fan of any movies that are Harry Potter-esque.., or amovie with too much special special effects that it out shines the whole movie it self...but...

I did see "TWILIGHT" and i must say I AM IN LOVE!!!!!!!! omg.... true it is a very Tweeny movie and book series.. but i just loved the whole story,.. I saw it 3 times in one shot, and ran out and bought the book the day after I saw the movie.. Yes i know it's the other way around.. You usually read the book and then see the movie. Usually books that are made into movies they alwasy leave out many factors and great scenes, I loved the movie but by all means the movie cannot compare with the book...at all. And i just began reading the unreleased "Midnight sun", If you have read Twilight you will know that Bella swan is the one who is telling the story, but in "Midnight Sun" it is Edward who is telling the story from his point.... AMAZING!!!!!!!! OMG... by the way the soundtrack awesome!!!!!

If curious check out Stephanie Meyers website http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/index.html

chek out on youtube the song eyes of fire from the movie

:anon

:wink:

Remy757Photog
11-30-2008, 08:50 PM
LupinIII, that comic was too funny!!! That's exactly what happened to me.

I have a TeleSynce CAM of Twilight (still looking for R5) so it wasn't the best video quality but it was acceptable. I put 'Let The Right One In' on first being a DVDRIP and better quality for a couple of friends. 10 minutes into the movie they were complaining about it being too slow and carried on conversations as if movie wasn't on. Realizing the above average intellect this 'Swedish' movie may require, I stopped it and (WILL play for some other friends) put on Twilight. It went over much better with my two invited guests who enjoyed Twilight.

So now having watched it twice *sigh* it's not bad at all, like some people are making it out to be. Yeah there's a teenage angst love angle going on, but who cares, the love angle didn't stop people from watching Spiderman or Superman which pushes the love/romance angle even harder than Twilight does. Those two movie series just mix up more action and special effects between all the dialogue so that guys can continue to get their 'Action Fix'. I do hope Twilight does well as I would like to see how the next movie goes. I will probably get around to grabbing the books myself, I just hope Meyers series of books doesn't dissolve into nothing but erotica(sans action) like the Anita Blake series has.

NatassiaDreamsXXX
12-01-2008, 12:46 AM
THE LEAD VAMPIRE from Harry Potter and the BLONDE (Cam Gigandet) are too DIEEEEE FOR!!! They could make me a vampire and I would be HAPPILY EVER AFTER through my afterlife living forever with those two!!!!! I still havent seen the movie yet and it gets mixed reviews but ILL BE THE JUDGE!!! As long as there is good EYE candy i think i can Stomach it!!!
Im gonna go see it tonight and ill let you guys know what I think

JANIRA
12-01-2008, 02:42 AM
THE LEAD VAMPIRE from Harry Potter and the BLONDE (Cam Gigandet) are too DIEEEEE FOR!!! They could make me a vampire and I would be HAPPILY EVER AFTER through my afterlife living forever with those two!!!!! I still havent seen the movie yet and it gets mixed reviews but ILL BE THE JUDGE!!! As long as there is good EYE candy i think i can Stomach it!!!
Im gonna go see it tonight and ill let you guys know what I think

Hey mami,,, The movie is so adorable i saw i it again last night,,,loll,,,but the book is OMG,,, IF YOU HAVE A CHANCE READ THE BOOK! The movie does not show "eye candy" if you mean,,,Nudity,, i wish,,,,lloll but just the intense of his stares and the way he feens for her scent is more than i could bare........BITE ME EDWARD.......ALREADY!!!!!!!