View Full Version : Queen Universe Pageant TONIGHT !!! Who's Attending?

Realgirls4me
11-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Okay, the gas tank is topped off, the oil's been checked, and the windshield cleaned, so it looks like I'm all set to drive up to LA to attend the pageant tonight at the Circus Disco.
I've been fighting off a minor cold these last few days, but it seems to be on the decline so I should be at 90 percent by the time the first girl butchers her lines. Hee-hee. ;)

Okay, so who's attending tonight? I know Willie, Buddy, and Bob will be attending, but is anyone else going for sure? Felicia? Hara? LAGent? It would be cool to meet some of the other posters from this place. ...It's going to be so cool to finally meet Juliana too. :)

... On the other hand, if you're the type that would prefer to remain anonymous and lurk in the shadows, have a great time too. :)

... Hmmmm, I still haven't decided whether to go with boots or wingtips. :)

LAGent4ts
11-09-2008, 10:57 AM
I'm in Real, but I am waiting until Sunday for the finals lol.

Willie Escalade
11-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Of course I'll be there...suited up. No jerseys for this event! :twisted:

Realgirls4me
11-09-2008, 08:11 PM
LA, Willie:

I'm leaving for Los Angeles in a little while. I just responded to some missives I received overnight. I look forward to meeting up with you guys and taking in this night of beautiful lovelies. I'm looking forward to meeting Juliana. She seems like a cool person.

Yep, Willie, this is NOT a jersey type night. I'm actually taking several shirts and jackets, etc., and won't decide what to wear until crunch time. It's all about the lighting, ya know? ;)

By the way, where are people meeting afterward since the Yukon is now gone?

Willie Escalade
11-10-2008, 02:23 AM
By the way, where are people meeting afterward since the Yukon is now gone?
Don't know yet. A few of us went to Barney's Beanery after the USA pageant; tonight is still up in the air. :?

Hara_Juku Tgirl
11-10-2008, 01:24 PM
I wish I could go just to see who was in and who will win..but I am working 12 hour days.

~Kisses.

HTG

xrey
11-11-2008, 07:31 AM
Where's the report and the pics?

Willie Escalade
11-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Where's the report and the pics?
Due time, my friend...due time!

LAGent4ts
11-11-2008, 10:40 AM
A fine time was had by all. Nice meeting Willie, Bob and Realgirls4me (thanks again for the beverages Real). Felicia, you looked Stunning and Danielle perrformed her song and danced like a Star.
Pics to follow as soon as I can find the cable to download the pics off the camera.

juliana_dominguez
11-11-2008, 06:41 PM
i had a great time at the pageant! next year again! it was nice meeting realgirls4me, lol i know he was taking lots of pictures on me on stage, thanks for all who cheered for me.

xxx

Realgirls4me
11-12-2008, 03:27 AM
When the following group (pictured [found on a four story building off of Santa Monica Blvd. today]) first toured in Japan some 42 years ago, everything was set at the Buddakan Arena for the making supposedly of a "Live" album and an accompanying video -- VIDEO -- taping of them performing an entire concert. The subdued crowd noise, improved audio recording equipment, and multiple camera shots, assured that posterity would not be denied. Despite all the planning and anticipation that went into the recording and videotaping of this legendary group, they did not consider or could not foresee the wild card in the deck -- their performances. The group simply played terrible for both of their performances there. Though they had their moments, the group's performance simply did not merit a live album for public sale and consumption. Sadly, the opportunity to record an entire concert of theirs never came up again as they stopped performing live a couple of months later upon returning stateside. :(

What does the previous Beatles anecdote have to do with me taking pageant pictures Sunday night? Nothing, except that they share similar preparation and, unfortunately, a similar outcome.
Basically, I fucked up in that I prepared so well for this pageant in terms of buying a VIP ticket so I could have a front row seat; purchasing an extra camera battery ($52.00 mind you!) so I could keep the flow going and wouldn't miss any shots; and I sitting near the stage (directly UNDER the lectern) so I could catch every girl at her best.
What I could not anticipate was where the girls would stop and pose since it seemed that every single one of them had a different idea of how to present themselves. Often, I had my camera focused to one spot, only to have the contestant wisk by it. When those who did walk over to the right front of the stage to execute their three point pose over where I was seated, I would often catch them as they blinked or moved unexpectedly, thereby creating a fuzzy image. Despite being this close to the stage, I also found that my flash was woefully underpowered. There were very few shots I came away comfortable with, this Athena-like image of Yasmin being one of them.
I am going to send both Yasmin and Juliana the images I do have of them and let them decide what to do with them. It only seems fair after blowing it so much on so many shots.

Overall, I had a great time in Los Angeles once again, but damn how I wished the camera Gods had been with me that night. Had they been, my trip would have been perfect. Grrrrrrrr.

(sigh) :roll:

Realgirls4me
11-12-2008, 03:51 AM
First pic: The woman in the black dress, whose name escapes me at the moment, is playing interpreter for contestant 21 in this pic.

Second: The leggy "Yuri" performing ... that woman's INCREDIBLE legs were on display last night at The Palms also (damn, that place is dark). :)

Third: Danielle Foxxx performing. I took about six shots of Danielle here, but this is unfortunately my best one. She was just moving way too fast for me to get a good shot.

Realgirls4me
11-12-2008, 04:06 AM
Dinner time, but before I leave for a bit ...

First pic: More of those scrumptious Yuri legs performing. :)

Second Pic: Leslie "The Body" Monroy performing.

Third: Felicia handing Danielle her car keys. ;)

(Be back later... )

YasminLee
11-12-2008, 04:36 AM
here a pic

Realgirls4me
11-12-2008, 05:45 AM
Hi, Yasmin.

By the way, with the exception of the bad pictures, I completely forgot to mention what a great time I had and how great it was to see everyone again, if only for a few seconds with some. It was great to see 'giXXer', Felicia, Danielle, Willie, Buddy, Bob, et all, again, and finally meet people in person for the first time such as the lovely, sexy 'Juliana' and the gentleman, 'LAGent4TS'.

Let me attempt to continue here...

Realgirls4me
11-12-2008, 05:48 AM
Here are some more ...

Realgirls4me
11-12-2008, 05:53 AM
More ...

Realgirls4me
11-12-2008, 05:56 AM
More ...

(Yes, that's Vo DeBalm as a presenter in the first picture)

Realgirls4me
11-12-2008, 05:58 AM
Mas ...

Realgirls4me
11-12-2008, 06:02 AM
Kenya, last year's winner performs with dancers in tote in the first pic here ...

Willie Escalade
11-12-2008, 08:15 AM
The majority of the pictures I took were of some of the attendees, so I can't post them here. Since I was using my regular camera, I didn't take any of the contestants while they were on stage. I left that up to the pros (Bob and my buddy Mr. Miles).

Felicia Katt
11-12-2008, 08:40 AM
Dinner time, but before I leave for a bit ...

First pic: More of those scrumptious Yuri legs performing. :)

Second Pic: Leslie "The Body" Monroy performing.

Third: Felicia handing Danielle her car keys. ;)

(Be back later... )

oh sure, one pic of me showing my best side? LOL

meow

FK

xrey
11-14-2008, 12:54 AM
Thanks for the update Real. Here's a slightly important question ... who is the new queen?

Realgirls4me
11-14-2008, 07:53 AM
oh sure, one pic of me showing my best side? LOL

meow

FK

LOL! Be glad I got that off, as that one came out clear. Most of my pictures look as if I took them while on a trampoline. It was a horrible night picture-wise. Horrible. :(

Realgirls4me
11-14-2008, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the update Real. Here's a slightly important question ... who is the new queen?

WHERE WERE YOU THAT NIGHT?

As Willie posted upstream, here is the winner looking right at me:

Realgirls4me
11-14-2008, 08:36 AM
Beautiful presenter ...

Realgirls4me
11-14-2008, 08:42 AM
Yours truly with some beautiful stranger in attendance ...

Realgirls4me
11-14-2008, 08:47 AM
Yours truly and Johanna ...

Realgirls4me
11-14-2008, 09:00 AM
A few more pics that I've culled in the past few minutes to share ... Again, maybe one-fifth (tops!) of my shots came out alright. Maybe only a handful came out acceptable. Sorry 'bout that. :(

Willie Escalade
11-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Look at how great Yasmin looks in her gown... :o

Celeste
11-14-2008, 09:27 AM
Yasmine should of won :censor

icarus2112
11-14-2008, 09:37 AM
Yasmine looks sooo gorgeous Im surprised she didnt win, couldnt quite recognize the beautiful Juliana in any of those shots, maybe in one early one wearing a light blue dress? Of course the winner is pretty hot too.

Realgirls4me
11-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Yasmine looks sooo gorgeous Im surprised she didnt win, couldnt quite recognize the beautiful Juliana in any of those shots, maybe in one early one wearing a light blue dress? Of course the winner is pretty hot too.

Icarus,

Tonight I sent all the pics I took of Yasmin and Juliana to them so they could decide which pic to post, if any.

... As I mentioned upstream, I simply anticipated wrong on many occasions, the girls would move suddenly or unexpectedly, or I was simply moving too much as I took the shot. I fucked up. That's all there is to it.

And, yes, Yasmin looked very Athena like in those gown shots. :)

Realgirls4me
11-14-2008, 10:07 AM
... Some shots, like the following one, came out with some clarity:

juliana_dominguez
11-15-2008, 02:48 AM
some photos

blckhaze
11-15-2008, 02:51 AM
some photos

JULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ottorocket
11-15-2008, 03:06 AM
Amazing talent there...too bad i had to be out of town and miss it..Julianna looked elegant

El Nino
11-15-2008, 03:12 AM
Yasmine should of won :censor

agreed

Danielle Foxx
11-16-2008, 12:05 AM
Yasmine looked amazing that night, she did a really awesome job. She is not only smart and beautiful but well spoken and friendly to everyone.

Many girls deserved to win that night but I was partial to Yasmine.

Nicki is a cutie and will represent the title very well

Celeste
11-16-2008, 12:20 AM
It never ceases to amaze me, when the have the evening gown segment. I mean its a pagaent, for christ sake! Most of the girls in evening gown, look like they are going to some CHEAP STRIPPER award show :roll: I know its a ts pagaent, but c'mon girls! Youd never see a gg pagaent, with them coming out in evening gown, with half there gown missing. Yet another reason, Yasmine should have won, clean & classy, just my opinion.

ottorocket
11-16-2008, 01:48 AM
^^ good points C but there were some class acts there and one thing I like about TS pageants is the wide spectrum of dress choices. Sometimes in GG pageants they all start looking the same

doasuwill
11-16-2008, 05:27 AM
Who is #14 in the National Costume photo?

slinky
11-16-2008, 05:50 AM
It never ceases to amaze me, when the have the evening gown segment. I mean its a pagaent, for christ sake! Most of the girls in evening gown, look like they are going to some CHEAP STRIPPER award show :roll: I know its a ts pagaent, but c'mon girls! Youd never see a gg pagaent, with them coming out in evening gown, with half there gown missing. Yet another reason, Yasmine should have won, clean & classy, just my opinion.

The car ride home after the last pageant I went to with three girls in the car....... I couldn't even remember who was who, but they were like "yeah, and did you see the little lace piece she had below her hips? It definitely should have been teal instead of aqua. And the one with ruffles that looks like that 1999 Dior gown, but fuller? She should have......" It was like driving home with the 3 daughters of Mr. Blackwell.

And that was before the surgery talk started.........

Willie Escalade
11-16-2008, 07:31 AM
Who is #14 in the National Costume photo?
I know her as Lizbeth. Unfortunately she doesn't want to pose for any sites; at least three photographers have asked her. Too bad; she's a hottie!

xrey
11-19-2008, 05:31 AM
Thanks Real and Willie for the pics and the report.

icarus2112
11-20-2008, 03:40 AM
ahh Thanks Juliana for sharing those, you are gorgeous as usual. Also many thanks to Real and Willie for sharing the pics you got

Willie Escalade
11-20-2008, 08:04 AM
Hey Real...check your PM. :wink: