PDA

View Full Version : Paying attention to the details.................

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
11-01-2008, 01:53 AM
Folks are sending me text messages like crazy regarding things like gas

2 years ago i remember saying that when Bush begins to pack his bags that gas would go back down, and I remember folks from chat or this board saying "Gas will never go back down"

so is anyone still paying $3.95 a gallon?!?

one of my friends hit me up today saying it's $1.91 where she lives
and Hollywood just sent me a text saying its $2.32 near his home

any other interesting details anyone wants to make known that we should possibly focus on???

santiago316
11-01-2008, 02:06 AM
Earlier this year we were paying something like 4.79 a gallon over here. I just checked gasbuddy.com and the cheapest I found was 2.90!

tsntx
11-01-2008, 02:09 AM
$1.96 here

suck it bitches

Justawannabe
11-01-2008, 02:54 AM
North of Chicago it's still 2.80ish...

I will say it's more likely about crashing economies than Bush getting his traveling papers. The gas companies were gouging and Wall Street boys were pushing the price up with all the semi-real money they had to play with.

Now that folks are having to look for actual cash, folks are having to drop prices or do what I'm seeing all over around here... huge sale prices and special deals.

Sean

Belial
11-01-2008, 03:13 AM
its sure to go back up again and i already bought my stocks while prices are still down

hwbs
11-01-2008, 03:17 AM
well while we are talking about saving money ...if u are getting gears 2 get it at circuit city...up to Nov 9th u get 1600 Microsoft points( basically a $20 card) free if u buy the game there between the 7th and 9th...happy Halloween bitches !!!!!

Crawler
11-01-2008, 03:21 AM
I'm just waiting for our ass to get out of Iraq - or out of their ass - whichever.

Go O!

yodajazz
11-01-2008, 03:30 AM
One article I read a few months ago, put the high price of gas on commodities/future trading, rather than the excuse that India and China users were driving the price up. Subsequently, the collapse of the Stock Market means there less money around to drive up the price of oil. It makes sense to me, since China and India have not stopped using gas in the last month.

Around here $2.19 is the lowest, I’ve seen.

Willie Escalade
11-20-2008, 08:46 AM
Just filled my car up tonight in the San Fernando Valley. I know I can find a lower price than this elsewhere...such as Orange County.

My car uses 87 octane, and this picture was taken with the Lg Dare by the way. 8)

addicted
11-20-2008, 08:52 AM
I paid 1.66 a gall today, The problem is a lot of gas station are gauging the prices keeping them high for their profits and someone has to step in and do something about that. Especially the heating oil companies are the ones to watch because they wont lower their prices to a fair amount. There just trying to rip the ordinary fellow off as much as they can.

muhmuh
11-20-2008, 09:38 PM
~1.15€/l here... would saying fuck you all be appropriate right now?

lahabra1976
11-20-2008, 09:43 PM
I am not sure about everyone else's view, but I preferred it when gas prices where high with a healthy economy versus low gas prices and an unhealthy economy. I save a few dollars on the road, but lose hundreds to even thousands via business. Not really a good tradeoff :(