PDA

View Full Version : Best Vampire Movies ?

tsluva
10-26-2008, 10:34 PM
BEST VAMPIRE MOVIES:

1. John Carpenters Vampires
2. Underworld 2
3. From Dusk til Dawn 1 & 3
4. Queen of the Damned
5. Blade 2
6. Fright Night 1 & 2
7. Van Helsing
8. 30 days of Night
9.Vampire Journals
10. . Interview with a Vampire
11. Scream Blacula Scream
12. Underworld
13. Dracula 2000
14. Vampire Circus
15. Subspecies
16. Scream Blacula Scream
17. Salem’s Lot
18. The Lost Boys
19. Bordello of Blood
20. Count Yorga

others to mention: Vamp, Blade, Razor Blade Smile, Frost Bitten, Darktown, Midnight Kiss Underworld, Dark Angels: XXX rated

Baron Of Hell
10-26-2008, 10:37 PM
Near Dark is one of best. It has cowboy vampires

MiaIsabella1985
10-26-2008, 10:38 PM
I love vampire movies.
Interview With The Vampire and Queen Of The Damned are my favs
I love anything written or produced by Anne Rice she is my favorite author and I have read almost every book. Even the ones not about vampires. They are just so erotic and sensual it makes me so hard just thinking about the stories and the way she describes them with such Homo Eroticism.

BluegrassCat
10-26-2008, 10:39 PM
How, in such a long list, did you leave out Bram Stoker's Dracula with Gary Oldman?

longwave
10-26-2008, 10:51 PM
BEST VAMPIRE MOVIES:

3. From Dusk til Dawn
5. Blade 1 & 2
6. Fright Night
8. 30 days of Night
17. Salem’s Lot
18. The Lost Boys

near dark
let the right one in
dracula (1931)
nosferatu (1922)
dracula (1958)
bram stoker's dracula
shadow of the vampire
the night stalker
martin
cronos

tssexychanel
10-26-2008, 10:52 PM
BEST VAMPIRE MOVIES:

3. From Dusk til Dawn
5. Blade 1 & 2
6. Fright Night
8. 30 days of Night
17. Salem’s Lot
18. The Lost Boys

near dark
let the right one in
dracula (1931)
nosferatu (1922)
dracula (1958)
bram stoker's dracula
shadow of the vampire
the night stalker
martin
cronos

DITTO

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
10-26-2008, 11:04 PM
How, in such a long list, did you leave out Bram Stoker's Dracula with Gary Oldman?

agreed

JonnyT
10-26-2008, 11:36 PM
be sure to check out the upcoming movie Twilight :google

Sly Fox
10-27-2008, 01:24 AM
nice bite

Yoda Rules!
10-27-2008, 01:27 AM
Once Bitten with Jim Carey, classic stupidity and classic humor. The cheesy role that started it all.

tsluva
10-27-2008, 04:23 AM
BEST VAMPIRE MOVIES:

3. From Dusk til Dawn
5. Blade 1 & 2
6. Fright Night
8. 30 days of Night
17. Salem’s Lot
18. The Lost Boys

near dark
let the right one in
dracula (1931)
nosferatu (1922)
dracula (1958)
bram stoker's dracula
shadow of the vampire
the night stalker
martin
cronos

" let the right one in " ? hmm, never heard of that one.

tsluva
10-27-2008, 04:25 AM
i'm hoping one day that Nosferatu will be re-done in today's
age of special effects. Also hoping the great cult animation
" Vampire Hunter D" will be made into a live action movie.

longwave
10-27-2008, 08:03 AM
BEST VAMPIRE MOVIES:

3. From Dusk til Dawn
5. Blade 1 & 2
6. Fright Night
8. 30 days of Night
17. Salem’s Lot
18. The Lost Boys

near dark
let the right one in
dracula (1931)
nosferatu (1922)
dracula (1958)
bram stoker's dracula
shadow of the vampire
the night stalker
martin
cronos

it's not actually out yet. well, it's in limited release in NYC and LA and gets wider release in november. here's the website (http://www.lettherightoneinmovie.com/).

and i'd like to see a live action version of vampire hunter d as well.

outfreakage
10-27-2008, 06:03 PM
I always liked the weird and off-beat takes on the subject, like "Vampire's Kiss" with Cage, or "Shadow of the Vampire". I always liked "The Hunger" with Susan Sarandon, and "The Addiction" with Christopher Walken. The one that scared the crap out of me when I was a kid, though, was "Salem's Lot". That movie was creepy as hell, at the time of its release. It even managed to overcome the crippling factor of having David Soul as the lead.

Hazel Tucker
10-27-2008, 07:39 PM
I love Bram Stoker's Dracula, and Interview w/ The Vampire. 8)

bte
10-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Interview with the Vampire
Dracula
30 Days of Night
Underworld 1 & 2
The Hamiltons

KiraHarden
10-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Near Dark w/ Lance Erickson

Shadow of the Vampire

Vamp w/ Grace Jones

Fright Night w/ Roddy McDowell and a small part by a young pretty Marcy Darcy from Married w/ Children who gets bitten

Edit: Abbott and Costello meet Dracula

JANIRA
10-27-2008, 08:26 PM
How dare you leave out the best of the best in my opinion,,,VAMP WITH GRACE JONES!!!!!

KiraHarden
10-27-2008, 10:25 PM
How dare you leave out the best of the best in my opinion,,,VAMP WITH GRACE JONES!!!!!

Its on my list Janira

JANIRA
10-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Opps.... lol...

baileyandkc
10-27-2008, 11:36 PM
Old Dracula (Vampira)...

The movie sucks but Teresa Graves was hot!

tsluva
10-28-2008, 01:32 AM

Vamp is in my honorable mentions as well. :wink:

But some do have a good point about Gary Oldman's Dracula.
that is a terrible overlook on my part.

Remy757Photog
10-28-2008, 03:16 AM
I love vampire movies.
I love anything written or produced by Anne Rice she is my favorite author and I have read almost every book. Even the ones not about vampires. They are just so erotic and sensual it makes me so hard just thinking about the stories and the way she describes them with such Homo Eroticism.

I love and have nearly every book by Anne Rice and while Interview with The Vampire was great I found Queen Of The Damned to be a little lacking. I still liked it, but it dropped the ball in comparison to the book.

I also liked

Bram Stoker's Dracula
The Hamiltons (interesting take on Vamps)
1st Underworld
The Lost Boys
The Forsaken
Dracula 2000
30 Days Of Night
Salem's Lot
Vampire Hunter D (if it was made into live action, it would be very awesome!)

GinX
10-28-2008, 07:44 AM
I love vampire movies.

Strictly a side note...was anyone aware that Anne Rice is now a complete devout 'born again' Catholic, swears she will never write another vampire book and is working on a trilogy of books about the life and adventures of Jesus?

Quiet Reflections
10-28-2008, 08:09 AM
Nosferatu but i do love interview and bram stokers as well. There are alot of good ones, whats the worst? what are everyone opinions on werewolf flicks? i liked silverbullet it was kinda weak but i was a kid

Quiet Reflections
10-28-2008, 08:27 AM
I love vampire movies.

Strictly a side note...was anyone aware that Anne Rice is now a complete devout 'born again' Catholic, swears she will never write another vampire book and is working on a trilogy of books about the life and adventures of Jesus?
i will never make fun of anyones religion but that news is weak! Plus i think jesus was banging Aramaic tgirls from 18-32 then he decided to go into dads business, took mary magdelene too, and rounded up some apostles. so i guess in short im looking forward to her best work according to whoever translates her books in a few thousand years

Also a side note ive just rededicated my life to not being catholic like the rest of my family as they seem to suck the fun out of worshiping Supernatural imaginary ghosts.
Ps. god if your reading this, i totally killed that virgin and my harvest was still shitty! Whats Going On?

longwave
10-28-2008, 08:52 AM
Nosferatu but i do love interview and bram stokers as well. There are alot of good ones, whats the worst? what are everyone opinions on werewolf flicks? i liked silverbullet it was kinda weak but i was a kid

i feel the same way about silver bullet. love the book though.

the howling
american werewolf in london
werewolf of london (1935)
the wolf man (1941)
the curse of the werewolf
wolfen
the company of wolves
dog soldiers
brotherhood of the wolf (tho it wasn't technically about werewolves)

i'm hoping the wolfman (2009) with benecio del toro is going to be good.

drmindbender03
10-28-2008, 03:37 PM
I am old school when it comes to vampire flicks. Man, you have gotta include some of Christopher Lee's films. Hammer Films really did a wonderful job with him starring as The Prince of Darkness. I would say that the first Blade film is probably the greatest vampire film to come out in recent years. The film was a mixture of horror, science fiction, suspense, and action. It is a pure classic!

I agree that every film on the original poster's list deserve high honors as well. I have been trying to get the frost bitten film, but I am having a difficult time in doing so. There is a new vampire film titled "Be Careful Who You Let In". It have been getting some pretty good reviews. Check it out if you have time.

tsluva
10-29-2008, 01:00 AM

Stay tuned... i'm planning to do a " Best Werewolf movie" list very soon
as well.

Happy Halloween.

tsluva
10-29-2008, 03:18 AM
I love vampire movies.

I love and have nearly every book by Anne Rice and while Interview with The Vampire was great I found Queen Of The Damned to be a little lacking. I still liked it, but it dropped the ball in comparison to the book.

I also liked

Bram Stoker's Dracula
1st Underworld
The Lost Boys
The Forsaken
Dracula 2000
30 Days Of Night
Salem's Lot

i'll have to check out the Hamiltons. i think it's one of those Afterhour
Darkfest horror movies. Still at the bottom of my Netflix queue but
now i'll have to bump it out.
They now have a Lost Boys Part 2: "the Tribe" out on DVD.
i rented it but i was disappointed.

Remy757Photog
10-29-2008, 04:39 AM
I love vampire movies.

I also liked

Bram Stoker's Dracula
1st Underworld
The Lost Boys
The Forsaken
Dracula 2000
30 Days Of Night
Salem's Lot

i'll have to check out the Hamiltons. i think it's one of those Afterhour
Darkfest horror movies. Still at the bottom of my Netflix queue but
now i'll have to bump it out.
They now have a Lost Boys Part 2: "the Tribe" out on DVD.
i rented it but i was disappointed.

Perfect Creature is a SteamPunk British vampire movie that I extremely recommend as well.

Yeah, I downloaded the Lost Boys sequel, and it didn't much agree with me. The movie studios seem to be having a tough time with the genre latetly. I would also like the Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series get made into a movie or show.

Werewolf movie list:

Ginger Snaps
Howling Series
An American Werewolf In London
An American Werewolf In Paris
Dog Soliders
Skinwalkers (ok, not great though)
Big Bad Wolf (it's campy but great)

tsluva
10-29-2008, 06:11 AM
I love vampire movies.

Aliyah was such as a perfect pick for Queen of the Damned. She had
the physique build, sensuality and charisma for that very role.
i like the Rock n Roll star factor into it, how she was resurrected and feared, all up to the final vampire battle at the very end.

Dino Velvet
10-29-2008, 06:42 AM
Christopher Lee was my favorite Count Dracula in the Hammer Films. I even liked the one he made with Jess Franco.

Klaus Kinski was even creepier than usual in Nosferatu, directed by Wernor Herzog.

I also liked Count Dracula with Gary Oldman.

Anybody see a movie named Near Dark? Entertaining vampire movie with Lance Henricksen and Bill Paxton.

Nightwatch and Daywatch are 2 good Russian vampire movies.

Baron Of Hell
10-29-2008, 07:42 AM
Not a movie but True Blood the HBO series is pretty good.

Remy757Photog
10-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Christopher Lee was my favorite Count Dracula in the Hammer Films. I even liked the one he made with Jess Franco.

Klaus Kinski was even creepier than usual in Nosferatu, directed by Wernor Herzog.

Anybody see a movie named Near Dark? Entertaining vampire movie with Lance Henricksen and Bill Paxton.

Dude I totally forgot about Nightwatch and Daywatch, sadly I've only seen Nightwatch as the copy of Daywatch I downloaded didn't have the subtitles.

tsluva
10-30-2008, 06:23 AM

Dude I totally forgot about Nightwatch and Daywatch, sadly I've only seen Nightwatch as the copy of Daywatch I downloaded didn't have the subtitles.

Ironically i've bought both movies (Nightwatch and Daywatch)
but haven't sat down and watch them yet. The stunts in trailers
have looked so awesome. But i hope it doesnt end up being
lame vampires like " Ultraviolet."
Ultraviolet really had nothing to do with vampires but it was loaded
with CGI image fighting scenes. But the plot and script just wasn't
interesting enough to consider it a solid movie. But who knows,
some may enjoy a lot more than i did.

Remy757Photog
10-30-2008, 08:45 AM

Ironically i've bought both movies (Nightwatch and Daywatch)
but haven't sat down and watch them yet. The stunts in trailers
have looked so awesome. But i hope it doesnt end up being
lame vampires like " Ultraviolet."
Ultraviolet really had nothing to do with vampires but it was loaded
with CGI image fighting scenes. But the plot and script just wasn't
interesting enough to consider it a solid movie. But who knows,
some may enjoy a lot more than i did.

Yeah Nightwatch and Daywatch are great and feature lychans as well as Vampires, you have to watch them in order, can't remember which comes first at the moment though.

Dude the fight sequences in Ultraviolet were cool but the movie really sucked and yeah they were vampires, but I've never thought of the movie as a vampire movie oddly enough, I don't even think it was marketed that way. It came out right around The Live Action Aeon Flux Movie so I always just considered it a rip-off of what Aeon Flux tried to accomplish.

pantybulge69
10-22-2009, 02:23 AM
BEST VAMPIRE MOVIES:

3. From Dusk til Dawn
5. Blade 1 & 2
6. Fright Night
8. 30 days of Night
17. Salem’s Lot
18. The Lost Boys

near dark
let the right one in
dracula (1931)
nosferatu (1922)
dracula (1958)
bram stoker's dracula
shadow of the vampire
the night stalker
martin
cronos

it's not actually out yet. well, it's in limited release in NYC and LA and gets wider release in november. here's the website (http://www.lettherightoneinmovie.com/)

and i'd like to see a live action version of vampire hunter d as well.

I'll bet just about everyone knows about " Let the right one in " by now. this classic has take the fan-waves by storm, once many were able to see
it on DVD. Only i heard there is a plan for Cloverfield director to
do a re-make version of Let the right one in. Bummer.

BellaBellucci
10-22-2009, 02:26 AM
Blade 2
Bordello of Blood
John Carpenter's Vampires

For TV: Buffy and Angel

~BB~

rockabilly
10-22-2009, 02:37 AM
I'll say it again Near Dark is a great movie , and the remake has been shelved.

pantybulge69
10-24-2009, 05:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayYiMygqlfo

DAYBREAKERS

Release Date: January 8th, 2010

Summary Plot: the year 2019, a plague has transformed most every human into vampires. Faced with a dwindling blood supply, the fractured dominant race plots their survival; meanwhile, a researcher works with a covert band of vamps on a way to save humankind.

pantybulge69
10-31-2010, 05:05 AM
Happy halloween. :fuckin:

pantybulge69
10-31-2010, 05:12 AM
Blooooood !!

bridgetbbyxo
10-31-2010, 05:28 AM
even tho its not a movie, i used to love "buffy the vampire slayer" tv series

pantybulge69
10-31-2010, 08:41 AM
even tho its not a movie, i used to love "buffy the vampire slayer" tv series

i love ABC's the GATES tv series. Features combination of vampires,
wolfsbane ( not really werewolves, ditto for Trueblood) succubus, and
enchantresses.

pantybulge69
11-01-2010, 05:52 AM
John Carpenters Vampires without doubt, I like the Underworld 1, 2 & 3 as well as 30 Days of Nights.

they just release Part 2 of 30 Days of Nights (Dark Days)
which went straight to DVD. Bizarre ending and it was OK. but overrall the sequel is NOTHING compared to the first one. Not near as creepy, dark, sinister or macabre as the very first one.

rockabilly
11-01-2010, 06:13 AM
The ending wasn't that bizarre , if you've read the comics. :shrug

It lacked the isolation and dread of the first film and the fx were scaled back alot.

rockabilly
11-01-2010, 06:22 AM
"The Gates" was cancelled btw.

It's hard for genre shows to survive on network tv , if it had been on USA , TNT or FX it might have lasted longer.

pantybulge69
10-24-2011, 03:24 AM
in da spirit of HALLOWEEN !!:hide-1:

Yeah
10-24-2011, 04:04 AM
Does anyone know if there was an original bram stoker's dracula before the one with Anthony Hopkins that eas shown on tv back in the 80's? I remember bits and pieces of it.