PDA

View Full Version : Are you a Fast Food Junkie?

HP1000
10-15-2008, 07:16 AM
What does your diet consist of? Do you eat healthy foods or prefer fast food? I might eat at a fast food joint once a year after watching that movie "Super Size ME" And I'm guilty of eating pizza about 3 times a year..... :cry:

GinX
10-15-2008, 08:00 AM
I think that, these days, fast food gets a pretty bad rap. "Super Size Me" was a bit of deliberate misinformation, if only to make the point that fast food is, inherently, unhealthy. All I can say to that is...no kidding. Before I even saw the film, I read the premise behind and was able to determine exactly what was going to happen. However, one has to take into account that this was an example of extreme over indulgence. Now, I'm not going to defend fast food...the vast majority is high calorie, high cholesterol, high sodium and laden with preservatives. Eating fast food is like doing anything else...it needs to be done in moderation. Over indulging in any singular thing is most likely going to produce negative results.

lupinIII
10-15-2008, 01:01 PM
I've been on a total health binge for the past 3-4 months. Since I'm too busy for the gym I kinda amped up the healthiness in the other aspects of my life, i.e. cut down on fatty foods, alcohol and cigs. I've never been unhealthy but I've gone all out lately, my meals have consisted of fuckloads of salad, lots of wholegrains, vitamin supplements and very lean cooked meat, not to mention the gallons of water, I hate drinking that much water but I've been forcing myself to do it.

3 days ago I figured fuck it, went to McDonald's. Had myself a quarter pounder, a double cheeseburger and a large frozen coke. It was so fucking good I almost died. Since then I've gone back to the healthiness but since I've so recently tasted the lard I've been craving it again.

Truly the path to obesity is a slippery slope.

Quiet Reflections
10-15-2008, 01:13 PM
im addicted to Chipotle

Space_Cowboy
10-15-2008, 02:17 PM
I worked at the big M whilst i went through college and i agree its all about moderation, i would go on my break and see ppl eating super big mac meals with nuggets and bacon stacked in it.. no wonder these ppl get fat.

Although i do remember eating nuggets wrapped in cheese behind the managers back haha

i will not go into some of the horror stories from that place, you will never eat there again, its a great place to work when ur a student though, it did not feel like work we would just mess around all shift.

Richctdude
10-15-2008, 02:47 PM
not anymore dotn touch the stuff

bulldog
10-15-2008, 08:00 PM
yes im an addict, no i do not care, i look forward to my first heart attack at 30

Justawannabe
10-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Sadly pretty hooked... need someone with a whip and will to get me to eat right. Mostly just too much anxiety to make the right choices... fast food makes it easy.

Limited choices, no effort, available 24 hours a day... very soothing if you have anxiety attacks. No checking if the produce is still good, no worry about committing to a three hour process of choosing, cooking, eating, cleaning.

Now get someone in my life to stand there and check off a list and grade me on what I eat and get some sort of comfort beni for doing it right, and maybe the attacks will fade back. Just need to find someone who hires out for that job or get back in a relationship with someone who doesn't think I'm too crazy.

Sean

lahabra1976
10-15-2008, 09:37 PM
I don't know but I hear that movie super size me was a fake, that girl wasn't even his girlfriend and all those doctors are just actors

El Nino
10-15-2008, 11:43 PM
I worked at the big M whilst i went through college and i agree its all about moderation, i would go on my break and see ppl eating super big mac meals with nuggets and bacon stacked in it.. no wonder these ppl get fat.

Although i do remember eating nuggets wrapped in cheese behind the managers back haha

i will not go into some of the horror stories from that place, you will never eat there again, its a great place to work when ur a student though, it did not feel like work we would just mess around all shift.

no please... tell us some stories!!

menacingmethods86
10-16-2008, 12:10 AM
Is Subway considered fast food?

Celeste
10-16-2008, 12:16 AM
I am :cry:

Space_Cowboy
10-16-2008, 12:35 AM
Is Subway considered fast food?

the heart says no, but the head says yes haha

ted naves
10-16-2008, 12:47 AM
I generally eat healthy but if I'm on a budget , and I'm hungry, I'll eat the healthiest thing that I can afford. Sometimes( now a' days ) it's fast food.

mrbig
10-16-2008, 01:17 AM
only when I come back home after staying a while in (third world) countries ,that dont have mcdonalds etc.

BeardedOne
10-16-2008, 01:19 AM
I'm a sucker for Chick-fil-A or a BK bacon double cheeseburger, but by the accepted definition of 'fast food', I don't think I'm too hooked on it. I do, however, regularly lunch on pre-made wrap sandwiches from the local Wawa (A regional convenience chain). Soft tortilla, lettuce, chicken and a dressing. It's there, it's ready, and it's easy. They are most likely the healthiest thing I eat. Of course, I undo such health consciousness on 'half price burger day' at the pub, with cheese, bacon, 'shrooms, ketchup, and sweet relish, washed down with the swill du jour.

Please don't ask me about the Sunday breakfast buffet at the diner or my regular Horrorday Inn.

jjhill
03-21-2009, 04:06 PM
I am a fast food junking. I try to work out at least 6 times a week to make up for it. im surprised im still at the weight im at.

flabbybody
03-21-2009, 04:44 PM
I'v been addicted to McDonald's since early childhood. nowadays I try to go a couple of weeks without it but then the need to have a quarter pounder with cheese meal becomes too strong

Intrepid
03-21-2009, 05:29 PM
At least three mornings a week I stop by McD's on the way to work to pick up a sausage egg & cheese McMuffin. Not sure if that qualifies me.

CORVETTEDUDE
03-21-2009, 08:00 PM
The term "Fast Food" is a miss-nomer. So many people patronize these places, there's nothing FAST about it, anymore!!! Besides the fact, the food is garbage!