PDA

View Full Version : Transsexuals & Motherly Instinct

bte
10-14-2008, 08:00 PM
I don't know if this topic has already been addressed, but I was wondering do transexuals have a motherly instinct? What I mean is, is there any transexuals out there that want to be mothers whether their kids are adopted or they have sex with GG. Just always wondered that.

MrsKellyPierce
10-14-2008, 10:21 PM
I do, I cherish my sisters and brothers children, and I used to date a guy with a two year old I just fell in love with. It was harder leaving him cause of the child than the guy lol.

I act like a mother sometimes to a lot of my friends not meaning to it just happens.

trannybanger
10-14-2008, 10:51 PM
Would this be better referred to as a "nurtering instinct" because I believe that there are a number of people of all genders that have it as well as many that don't.

BrendaQG
10-14-2008, 11:44 PM
Yes. Most of us have good nurturing instincts. Though I think it is wrong to associate that only with the mother. Men nurture their children but in a different.

SarahG
10-14-2008, 11:46 PM
Would this be better referred to as a "nurtering instinct" because I believe that there are a number of people of all genders that have it as well as many that don't.

I would replace the "instinct" with tendency.

The belief, at the moment, in both sociology & psychology is that there is no such thing as an instinct when dealing with humans.

If you take a human baby and keep it in pure isolation, no socialization from the start, no human interaction- it will be entirely void when dealing with behaviors.*

To the op; I do think it would be fairly common for trans people, I know a lot of trans parents. It probably wouldn't be hard to find trans people who babysat when they were younger, I used to all the time and I can think of a few girls who still do.

*The foot note to that, is the idea that socialization could come from another species... there are many legends in many societies about babies in the wild in isolation being "adopted" and raised by wolves. I seem to recall the Romans had some story about that being the genesis of their whole civilization.

LibertyHarkness
10-14-2008, 11:49 PM
I adore my brothers kids, they are 2 and 5 ...... they accept me as me which is good and call me auntie :) well the 2yr old sort of just shouts what i think is Libbbsssyyyy :)

I dont know if i would want the responsibility of having kids of my own full time to deal with, i am abit selfish in that i like my own space.... Who knows maybe one day if i met the right person and everything fell into place......

it gives me a great excuse to play with the lego toys at the moment though :)

Celeste
10-15-2008, 12:37 AM
Definitely. Well for some.